All mexican food is basically the same thing with different names.

I have been to Mexico 12times in the last 3years and have eaten in some of their best restaurants. Flavor profiles are all similar even though there are plenty of dishes. Spices and sauces are very important in poorer countries. I love the food but I noticed that Street food is just as good as expensive places. That’s why I don’t consider it gourmet.

Did you always go to the same region?
The food from one region to the next can be very different.

wrong

093453.jpg

That would be a ground beef taco or taco de picadillo.

Although due to the tortilla being fried, it would kind of be a taco dorado.

I have been to Mexico 12times in the last 3years and have eaten in some of their best restaurants. Flavor profiles are all similar even though there are plenty of dishes. Spices and sauces are very important in poorer countries. I love the food but I noticed that Street food is just as good as expensive places. That’s why I don’t consider it gourmet.

Pretty much for a lot of types of food.

It's true.

I've been to Mexico City, Tampico, to a few little small towns where there's no one that speaks a lick of English and it's all tortillas and some sort of meat. The variety is in the meat/filling, but the presentation is all the same.

Not to say it's not delicious. You can have little variety and great taste.

It's true.

I've been to Mexico City, Tampico, to a few little small towns where there's no one that speaks a lick of English and it's all tortillas and some sort of meat. The variety is in the meat/filling, but the presentation is all the same.

Not to say it's not delicious. You can have little variety and great taste.
its the same for peru 2x in regards to rehashed ingredients

Bruh, Micheladas are the shit
I love a good michalada

Theres a local bar here that when you order a bloody Mary or Michalada, you get t0 chose how spicy you want it from 1-10.

They shave ghost peppers into it and use a home made beet juice. It's ridiculous

its the same for peru 2x in regards to rehashed ingredients

Nah.

Rehashed ingredients are a staple of every great cuisine. Chinese has rice, noodles and soy sauce. Italian has pasta, tomato sauce and cheese, etc.

But Mexican is pretty unique in having the same ingredients and the same presentation. Enchiladas, tostadas, quesadillas and tacos really the same thing.

Nah.

Rehashed ingredients are a staple of every great cuisine. Chinese has rice, noodles and soy sauce. Italian has pasta, tomato sauce and cheese, etc.

But Mexican is pretty unique in having the same ingredients and the same presentation. Enchiladas, tostadas, quesadillas and tacos really the same thing.

Agree, but thats mainly street food because thats what most people like about Mexican food.

Growing up, we rarely ate tacos in the house, you had a dish with the main course and some rice, potatoes, beans etc as side dish and tortillas in the middle of the table.

And tacos are definitively not the same ingredients, same presentation yes, but not ingredients, you cant compare tacos al pastor (pork meat sliced thinly with a citrus sauce and cooked in a doner) to say tacos de barbacoa de borrego (whole lamb cooked on a pit on the ground) they all use different spices and the tacos itself use different types of vegetables and sauces.

Last edited:
Back