All McGregor had to do was be a tiny bit competitive to get an immidiete rematch

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 546119

And the bum couldn't even do that.

Conor just to put a little doubt in fans' minds - he just needed to hurt Khabib a little bit, to keep the glimmer of hope alive that he could win a rematch

Conor couldn't even do that, he got humiliated and demolished in every aspect of the game. There's not even one good punch he landed in the entire fight, his best strike was an illegal knee he landed on the ground.

L O L.

Khabib Bless.

And the bum couldn't even do that.

Conor just to put a little doubt in fans' minds - he just needed to hurt Khabib a little bit, to keep the glimmer of hope alive that he could win a rematch

Conor couldn't even do that, he got humiliated and demolished in every aspect of the game. There's not even one good punch he landed in the entire fight, his best strike was an illegal knee he landed on the ground.

L O L.

Khabib Bless.
Watch it without Audio way closer fight than at first glance. Conors grappling has improved tons and he got inside Khabibs head. Thats a win for me.

Actually, all he had to do was get 2.4 million buys

Last edited:
he could get an immediate rematch if he wanted to. But i have a feeling he doesnt

Watch it without Audio way closer fight than at first glance. Conors grappling has improved tons and he got inside Khabibs head. Thats a win for me.

I saw this fight as a shellacking, Sir.

This false narrative (in my opinion) that it was competitive (argued by Chael Sonnen) is absurd. Khabib took a rest in round 3. Some say Conor won the 3rd, but he never once hurt Khabib, or had him in danger.

Let's take a quick look.

(1) Complete grappling mastery. Khabib took Conor down, established top control, completely immobilized him and sapped his energy and his will. Conor held him off as much/long as he could, but he was simply overwhelmed by a superior relentless cardio grappler (10-9 Khabib).

(2) Kabib rocked Conor in the stand up and dropped him, subsequently airmail slammed him, delivered vicious ground and pound and had a submission attempt (kimura). Conor mounted zero offence and spent significant periods turtled, getting waled on (10-8 Khabib).

(3) Striking exchanges. Both landing decent shots. Neither fighter rocked or hurt. By the end of the round, Conor knew he had nothing left for Khabib: "It's only business" (10-9 Conor).

(4) Khabib takes Conor down, advances position, secures a submission and taps him out to a neck crank (I actually don't criticize Conor for tapping to this - Khabib would have either broken his jaw or given him a compression or burst fracture in his cervical spine - It was undoubtedly enormously painful) (Finish by submission, Khabib).

So because Conor managed to barely edge out a single round, while getting either positionally dominated (1), completely smashed (2), or positionally dominated and finished (4), in the other three rounds of competition, all while cheating (gloves, shorts and fence grabbing, 12-6 elbows <if I recall correctly> and kneeing an opponent in the head, while on the ground), Conor somehow had success in your eyes?

Did I miss something? I honestly don't understand this.

This fight, as a whole, was not competitive.

I see no need whatsoever for a rematch. Khabib beat Conor in every aspect of MMA.

Last edited:
Khabib is just that good. I don't really think Colin got exposed or what have you, he's a tremendous fighter as well, but Khabib is just better. Than everyone on the roster.

That is a win for you?

giphy.gif

Conor nuthuggers are pathetic.

Their arguments have gone from "Conor is going to KO Khabib inside 2 rounds" to "Khabib didn't completely destroy Conor. Conor is brave for taking that fight."

I saw this fight as a shellacking, Sir.

This false narrative (in my opinion) that it was competitive (argued by Chael Sonnen) is absurd. Khabib took a rest in round 3. Some say Conor won the 3rd, but he never once hurt Khabib, or had him in danger.

Let's take a quick look.

(1) Complete grappling mastery. Khabib took Conor down, established top control, completely immobilized him and sapped his energy and his will. Conor held him off as much/long as he could, but he was simply overwhelmed by a superior relentless cardio grappler (10-9 Khabib).

(2) Kabib rocked Conor in the stand up and dropped him, subsequently airmail slammed him, delivered vicious ground and pound and had a submission attempt (kimura). Conor mounted zero offence and spent significant periods turtled, getting whaled on (10-8 Khabib).

(3) Striking exchanges. Both landing decent shots. Neither fighter rocked or hurt. By the end of the round, Conor knew he had nothing left for Khabib: "It's only business" (10-9 Conor).

(4) Khabib takes Conor down, advances position, secures a submission and taps him out to a neck crank (I actually don't criticize Conor for tapping to this - Khabib would have either broken his jaw or given him a compression or burst fracture in his cervical spine - It was undoubtedly enormously painful) (Finish by submission, Khabib).

So because Conor managed to barely edge out a single round, while getting either positionally dominated (1), completely smashed (2) or positionally dominated and finished (4) in the other three rounds of competition, all while cheating (gloves, shorts and fence grabbing, 12-6 elbows <if I recall correctly> and a kneeing an opponent in the head, while on the ground) Conor somehow had success in your eyes?

Did I miss something? I honestly don't understand this.

This fight, as a whole, was not competitive.

I see no need whatsoever for a rematch. Khabib beat Conor in every aspect of MMA.

Putin-Clapping.gif

That is a win for you?

giphy.gif

Conor nuthuggers are pathetic.

Their arguments have gone from "Conor is going to KO Khabib inside 2 rounds" to "Khabib didn't completely destroy Conor. Conor is brave for taking that fight."
He is brave tho. He could have taken a gimme fight but he decided to fight his biggest threat and did amazing.

That's true, and I heard that Khabib has never lost a round in the UFC. If Conor could have just won a round ...

Winning round 3 doesn't qualify as a tiny bit?

He won the round but if I were a McGregor fan I'd be really disappointed. Nurmagomedov blessed him with plenty of time to work his striking magic that round but he was not able to do anything significant.

McGregor was supposed to murder Nurmagomedov if they stood for any amount of time according to his fans.

Khabib didn't do anything the first round. He did catch Conor the second, but then spent most of the fight trying to force a finish that Conor defended well. The third round Conor won. And the fourth round obviously Khabib caught him with a takedown and then caught him giving his back. Of course Khabib put a lot of pressure and that eventually wore Conor out to get to that point.

It was definitely not domination though like people would have you believe.

Khabib implemented his game plan better than Conor could implement his. Both have the tools to win. Conor was out-thought, out-struck and out-fucked up.
Khabib isn't unbeatable though. If Tony can fight his kind of fight against the Eagle then he wins.
Controlling a fight and administering a fighter's skill set are so important nowadays.
Sounds like I know what I'm talking about, but probably don't. Just trying to implement my game.....

Back