3. Mohamed Ali
4. Sonny Liston
5. Lennox Lewis
6. Gene Tunney
7. Vitali Klitshko
8. Old George Foreman
9. Ezzard Charles
10. Floyd Patterson

(Really looking only at champion level fighters....doesn't seem right to have the Bruce Seldons of boxing history on here)
Decent list much better than i expected on here at least.....90's Foreman is who i refer to here ,his jab was a ramrod and relatively quick ,certainly better than he had in 70's .

Zorra Folleys jab gave Ali a bit of trouble too as did anyone like even Foster a light heavy weight ,even Hearns lit Ali up in sparring even though later in his career . Ali did not block well or avoid punches as good with guys who through basic straight jabs which why he had trouble with boxer jabbers ......thats not the topic . I f you knew what constitutes a good jab or better one over my list you would know why Liston and Louis arent on it . If i were to replace Pulev it would be with Tubbs or Pinklon ......

Williams on par with Holmes jab ? lol Yet i put a very good jabber SIMILAR to Holmes in Pulev same straight up base as he throws it to and you find it outlandish?And question why Louis jab isnt on here , a slow pawing jab which for the most part was use to measure his opponents or get them at an angle for his right hand ! haha

Have you seen Carl Williams vs Larry Holmes? I said that he jabbed on equal terms with Holmes in that fight, and he did (at least on equal terms). Granted, that was an aging version of Holmes, but Holmes did show several times even after this fight that his jab could control fights against top opposition. Have you seen the various times that Louis more or less completely controlled fights with his jab? Also, are you ever going to learn how to type? The shit you write is painful to read.

Have you seen Carl Williams vs Larry Holmes? I said that he jabbed on equal terms with Holmes in that fight, and he did (at least on equal terms). Granted, that was an aging version of Holmes, but Holmes did show several times even after this fight that his jab could control fights against top opposition. Have you seen the various times that Louis more or less completely controlled fights with his jab? Also, are you ever going to learn how to type? The shit you write is painful to read.
Holmes took that fight on 3 weeks notice ......and Holmes had difficulties throwing jabs with taller guys ,it has nothing to do with his jab which is far better than Williams one. Life is pain get used to it !

Holmes took that fight on 3 weeks notice ......and Holmes had difficulties throwing jabs with taller guys ,it has nothing to do with his jab which is far better than Williams one. Life is pain get used to it !

Holmes had difficulty jabbing with taller guys, but it has nothing to do with his jab... Are you reading what you're writing?

Esch went tit-for-tat in a big way with Holmes with his powerful, educated jab. If Holmes is on the list then Esch (also a world champion at the time) should be too.

Holmes had difficulty jabbing with taller guys, but it has nothing to do with his jab... Are you reading what you're writing?
Yes you are trying to big up Williams jab off that fight and stylstically against TALLER guys his jab wouldn't look so good, meaning it doesn't effect his status here because we are discussing the JAB itself .It would effect possibly head to head match ups for Holmes which ISN'T the topic ! Did you MISS the THREE weeks part ,oh thats right my posts are hard to read ....5th grade level difficult........HAHA

Keep trying though !

Last edited:
Esch went tit-for-tat in a big way with Holmes with his powerful, educated jab. If Holmes is on the list then Esch (also a world champion at the time) should be too.
Make your own list .Put Butter Bean number one , i'll make a best chin ever ranking and make Pulev number one.

Last edited:
When I used to be more active, I read a lot of stuff in the Standup Technique subforum. There's one great thread about Joe Louis that also explains how the art of throwing the jab with your entire body diminished over the decades. For that reason alone I would have to put Joe Louis on any list, not only heavyweight but spanning all weight classes.

and of course ...Kubrat Pulev - often copied, never matched.

Klitschko gets the edge over Lewis head to head? Interesting analysis of that fight.

Zorra Folleys jab gave Ali a bit of trouble too as did anyone like even Foster a light heavy weight ,even Hearns lit Ali up in sparring even though later in his career . Ali did not block well or avoid punches as good with guys who through basic straight jabs which why he had trouble with boxer jabbers ......thats not the topic . I f you knew what constitutes a good jab or better one over my list you would know why Liston and Louis arent on it . If i were to replace Pulev it would be with Tubbs or Pinklon ......

Williams on par with Holmes jab ? lol Yet i put a very good jabber SIMILAR to Holmes in Pulev same straight up base as he throws it to and you find it outlandish?And question why Louis jab isnt on here , a slow pawing jab which for the most part was use to measure his opponents or get them at an angle for his right hand ! haha
Foster had probably my favorite jab. I always tried to throw it like that but never could.

Ali had struggled around Fosters jab,he had won mainly due to being twice as big . I dont generally include anyone under 200 pounds when comparing them to modern ones bc its less value putting them up against 230 plus guys and of determinability of how there jabs would fare against the bigger skilled guys which is also what im looking at .

Last edited:
Back