Alexander Volkov vs. Jailton Almeida no longer happening on UFC 302

Who Wins?

• Total voters
The irony of you thinking Blaydes is as much of a crotch sniffer as that Almeida punk.

If you had your eyes open in the last 2 years you would've noticed Blaydes is more striking oriented and doesnt wrestle as much, so Almeida is in another galaxy crotchsniffing wise

This lol.

Blaydes is a boxer now. He outboxed Lewis with complete ease and was hurting him for a whole round. Then he was doing more of the same and for some reason decided to shoot for a takedown that wasn't even remote set up and got countered.

Jailton is def the ultimate crotch sniffer. He only tried to strike a little at the start of the second against Blaydes because he was gassing from all his failed wrestling in round 1 and was starting to panic.
Lewis was literally Almeida's first decision win, with 14 of his other 19 wins being in round 1. Blaydes is notorious for crotch sniffing whenever he can but of course you're praising him for not being good enough to do that to Lewis and then getting his head pounded through the canvas when he shot

They just scraped Jailton off the mat like a piece of crap. No one needs to see him humping anything in the cage for another year.

So glad Blaydes pounded him out.

Good luck Volkov!

And he's going to smother Volkov to a decision or TKO.

Lewis was literally Almeida's first decision win, with 14 of his other 19 wins being in round 1. Blaydes is notorious for crotch sniffing whenever he can but of course you're praising him for not being good enough to do that to Lewis and then getting his head pounded through the canvas when he shot

I was praising Blaydes for easily outboxing and hurting Lewis on the feet, which is what he did for a whole round. He's not a crotch sniffer anymore.

And Jailton has all those early finishes because he's been fighting cans. He finally fought Big Daddy Blaydes, who isn't a can, and gassed himself out in a round failing to control him fully and mount any sort of offense that might have gotten him a finish. Then he got wrecked.

Drago might not be the one to keep the good times rolling and cave the Brazilian Blanket's head in again, but 100% it's going to happen more now that he's not fighting bums like Lewis or Rozen.

Almeida runs out of gas and gets TKO'd in the 3rd round.

Volkov is light years ahead in striking, outweighs him by more than 20 pounds, has been training BJJ extensively since his move to the US 2 years ago, and has one of the best TDDs in the division.

He's a horrible matchup for an undersized grappler.

Last edited:
I was praising Blaydes for easily outboxing and hurting Lewis on the feet, which is what he did for a whole round. He's not a crotch sniffer anymore.

And Jailton has all those early finishes because he's been fighting cans. He finally fought Big Daddy Blaydes, who isn't a can, and gassed himself out in a round failing to control him fully and mount any sort of offense that might have gotten him a finish. Then he got wrecked.

Drago might not be the one to keep the good times rolling and cave the Brazilian Blanket's head in again, but 100% it's going to happen more now that he's not fighting bums like Lewis or Rozen.
So Blaydes gets credit for winning until he lost but not Almeida? Almeida couldn't control Blaydes "properly" (despite ragdolling him for a round) but Blaydes got knocked out on the feet because he couldn't control Lewis at all. It's not like he just chose to box because he wanted to be exciting. He also couldn't finish the other "bum" (Rozen) that Almeida did in round 1

Clearly I’m in the minority here but I find Jailton’s approach refreshing compared to the crappy kickboxing we always see at HW. Outside of his fight with Lewis, he has always aggressively gone for subs. The way he completely dominated Blaydes in the first round was also very impressive, NO ONE has even come close to doing that to Blaydes. Here’s to hoping he gets back on track with a sub win over Volkov.

Think Volkov will be ready for Almeida's takedown attempts and piece him up standing....Alex by TKO in rd 2 or 3

Rooting for/believe Volkov will win. Jailton will give up if or when his grappling doesn’t work imo.

That instinct is just impossible to fix.

I feel like I'm of a dying breed among people still hopeful of Almeida, but I like this fight. I think it's very winnable for Almeida. Even in his last fight, despite a boring first round, who else has been able to take down Curtis Blaydes like that?

So Blaydes gets credit for winning until he lost but not Almeida? Almeida couldn't control Blaydes "properly" (despite ragdolling him for a round) but Blaydes got knocked out on the feet because he couldn't control Lewis at all. It's not like he just chose to box because he wanted to be exciting. He also couldn't finish the other "bum" (Rozen) that Almeida did in round 1

Blaydes gets credit for being more well-rounded than Jailton, and rightfully so. I find stupid calling either of them "crotch sniffer".
I like Almeida, his style is refreshing in the HW division but an undersized grappler will have a very hard time dealing with the top HWs because such demands a whole lot of endurance and has barely any standup to rely on.

I feel like I'm of a dying breed among people still hopeful of Almeida, but I like this fight. I think it's very winnable for Almeida. Even in his last fight, despite a boring first round, who else has been able to take down Curtis Blaydes like that?

It was impressive the way he took down Blaydes repeteadly but as I was watching it I also thought that Almeida was gonna gas out badly with the kind of work he was doing and that he could not maintain it for several rounds, as it showed in the 2nd.

might be a bad matchup for Jailton
Volkov made easy work of Romanov who had the same pressure heavy wrestling style
i like Volkov; he's kind of a sleeper hit in terms of fighters. big power in his hands, very deliberate and calculated and only loses to the top of the heap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back