Alexander Volkov vs. Jailton Almeida no longer happening on UFC 302

Who Wins?

• Total voters
It's almost like none of you remember Curtis being controlled majority of the first round and you just think about the KO lol.

Yeah and he landed one significant strike that whole fight lol.

I don't mind the guy but he's gotta round his game out rather than just pursuing the sub & control at all costs.

Yeah and he landed one significant strike that whole fight lol.

I don't mind the guy but he's gotta round his game out rather than just pursuing the sub & control at all costs.
Context matters. He was controlling who many believe is the best wrestler in the division. He wasn't able to effectively ground and pound him, because Curtis kept getting up. Volk isn't Curtis though, either this will be early knock out or will look like all of Ameida's fights prior to Blaydes.

Depends if it's a 3 or 5 rounds fight.

It’s an interesting fight , but it’s too soon for Jailton after a ko

Let's fucking hope so.

Romanov is a better wrestler than Jailton as well.
There's literally no reason to believe that, Romanov only looked good against overmatched opposition. 3 of his wins were against Sherman, Vanderaa and Roque Martinez.

Against anyone more competent he looked bad, unless you look at him spending all of his gas tank in the first round against Tybura as a good thing.

The only things that Romanov has over Jailton is power and fatness, that's it. I legitimately don't believe Romanov would even come close to taking down Blaydes, and he would most likely get slept by Black Beast once he gasses.

Blaydes knocking out that crotch sniffer felt as good to me as Cowboy hunting Alexander Hernandez like a sherrif
The irony of you calling him a crotch sniffer in the same sentence as Blaydes

Just go to fucking 205lbs please. This will be another loss, for Jailton.

The irony of you calling him a crotch sniffer in the same sentence as Blaydes
The irony of you thinking Blaydes is as much of a crotch sniffer as that Almeida punk.

If you had your eyes open in the last 2 years you would've noticed Blaydes is more striking oriented and doesnt wrestle as much, so Almeida is in another galaxy crotchsniffing wise

There's literally no reason to believe that, Romanov only looked good against overmatched opposition. 3 of his wins were against Sherman, Vanderaa and Roque Martinez.

Against anyone more competent he looked bad, unless you look at him spending all of his gas tank in the first round against Tybura as a good thing.

The only things that Romanov has over Jailton is power and fatness, that's it. I legitimately don't believe Romanov would even come close to taking down Blaydes, and he would most likely get slept by Black Beast once he gasses.

I only said that Romanov has better wrestling, not that he has better cardio (he still might). I'm well aware of his shortcomings as a fighter lol.

And yeh, Blaydes would definitely finish him eventually. A lot of the division would.

You can also say that Jailton looked bad against anyone more competent as well. He also spent all his gas tank against Balydes and Lewis.

Let's not pretend that Jailton has amazing cardio himself, because he absolutely doesn't. Before the UFC, all his fights were under 1.5 except for 1 that went three rounds, which he lost. And in the UFC he'd only fought cans that he was able to take down and sub within 1.5 as well. Yes, he went the full 5 rounds with Black Beast, but that means fuck all when Black Beast was just a free takedown that took no effort or energy at the start of each round. Black Beast just laid there and didn't try to get up, so Jailton didn't need to waste any energy there either. And after 1.5 rounds Jailton slowed down a heap trying to go for finishes, because his cardio isn't good.

Then he looked tired and lost against Blaydes after a round because he spent a whole round not being able to secure him and losing energy.

Romanov meanwhile, has gone 3 rounds and won against better comp.

Last edited:
The irony of you thinking Blaydes is as much of a crotch sniffer as that Almeida punk.

If you had your eyes open in the last 2 years you would've noticed Blaydes is more striking oriented and doesnt wrestle as much, so Almeida is in another galaxy crotchsniffing wise

This lol.

Blaydes is a boxer now. He outboxed Lewis with complete ease and was hurting him for a whole round. Then he was doing more of the same and for some reason decided to shoot for a takedown that wasn't even remote set up and got countered.

Jailton is def the ultimate crotch sniffer. He only tried to strike a little at the start of the second against Blaydes because he was gassing from all his failed wrestling in round 1 and was starting to panic.

i thought it was the other volk for a second

Context matters. He was controlling who many believe is the best wrestler in the division. He wasn't able to effectively ground and pound him, because Curtis kept getting up. Volk isn't Curtis though, either this will be early knock out or will look like all of Ameida's fights prior to Blaydes.

I think it will look more like Werdum vs Volkov and it will be a later finish by Volkov.

Was looking forward to new talent but Almeidas Desert drying style is only lowering his fan counts. War volkov send the blanket to 205

Wel rounded? Dude doesn't even throw a jab.
Good point. My bad.

What I meant was, with Jailton being younger and just a much better all around athlete, it seems he has more options in this fight. I love Drago, but as he gets older he seems to be more plotting and less explosive and even less aggressive overall. Almeida will be way undersized but will have the grappling advantage imo.

Great fight. Jailton might bore casuals but if the former WW outgrapples this huge Russiam HW who is fairly skilled then I would be very impressed and enjoy it

Jailton wins this I believe. He's too quick / Volkov too slow so he will get in on the legs and get him down. Volkov will get stuck on his back.

Volkov has added a massive amount of muscle since the Blaydes fight and outside of the Aspinall fight has kept upright fairly often with some sneaky power and a dominate clinch when guys do engage. At range Volkov should have a big advantage.
Almedia looked like a monster against Blaydes and before the KO he was showing some crisp striking technique with power and he easily controlled the arguable best wrestler at HW... issue is despite Almedia's striking and grappling looking crisp he also fought seemingly scared.

I'm thinking Almedia should have the wrestling and explosiveness to get this fight to the ground and his cardio should be fine but Volkov isn't an easy guy to sub so this fight comes down to if Volkov can make Almedia uncomfortable enough to make another mistake that leads to his demise or will be see the 1st round of Blaydes/Almedia repeat for 3 rounds?

I'm picking Almedia by decision just based on the way he controlled Blaydes.

I think its very questionable that Jailton can maintain the way he controlled Blaydes for several rounds and he will be in very serious danger anytime he doesnt

To control the much bigger guy is very demanding and Volkov will make him work even if might struggle early because Almeida is just so good at what he does which I love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back