Media Alexander Volkanovski Wants BMF Title: "Might HAVE To Fight Max Holloway For BMF Belt"

He was literally risking nothing for either fight. His belt wasn't on the line.

But anyway, thanks for posting. I really enjoy listening to Volk talk about fighters and fighting. Would love to have a beer with him and listen to his stories.
Though i do agree technically he didn't risk his belt, who knows how much affect that KO loss has on the rest of his career. It's almost Tony Ferguson level of bad when he fought Gaethje instead of wait for Khabib possibly.

Does Topuria KO Volk coming off the great first Islam fight after a longer break? Will he fight for the 155 title ever again?

I'd say it's a pretty big risk considering he MAY have lost an All-Time GOAT case and his chance at being double champ stemming from that fight IMO.

Though i do agree technically he didn't risk his belt, who knows how much affect that KO loss has on the rest of his career. It's almost Tony Ferguson level of bad when he fought Gaethje instead of wait for Khabib possibly.

Does Topuria KO Volk coming off the great first Islam fight after a longer break? Will he fight for the 155 title ever again?

I'd say it's a pretty big risk considering he MAY have lost an All-Time GOAT case and his chance at being double champ stemming from that fight IMO.
"He risked nothing" is a bad argument anyway.

Max himself wasn't risking shit in fighting Gaethje besides the usual health risks that all fighters face, and ain't nobody gonna say Max isn't a BMF.

Max himself even said this. The fight was win/win because he was kind of stuck in a rut at 145 and without many options. Winning the BMF opened a whole bunch of doors for him. Now he can challenge for the 145 belt, the 155 belt, or even fight Conor for more money than he's ever made before.

This would be okay. Would rather see Max v. Conor for the BMF.

LMAO

Will love to see how Max fans will stay quiet in this thread...

They hated Topuria for asking for the BMF belt but if Volk says it will scurry away like little mice

If BMF is gonna be a serious thing, the holder should relinquish it to fight for the world title. It should never be held to the same status as the world title. Only makes the world title more of a joke than it already is becoming with all these interim titles being handed out.

A point-and-circle fighter doesn’t deserve the honors to fight for legendary BMF status

He has no brutal finishes. Not a bmf

Yea but the BMF title is also based on how a person fights. Volk is not a "let's throw down" type of fighter.
He’s had fights like that. Not every one of them, but he gets in some big exchanges. His fight with chad mendes was a complete fire fight with just salvos of heavy shots in both directions

If Ilia refuses to fight either Max or Volkanovski, opting for Ortega, fuck it. Why not? No one seemingly knows what Topuria is going to do, so guys are going to have to take measures into their own hands and start angling for other fights.

Volk is washed now max is in his prime

If Ilia refuses to fight either Max or Volkanovski, opting for Ortega, fuck it. Why not? No one seemingly knows what Topuria is going to do, so guys are going to have to take measures into their own hands and start angling for other fights.
The UFC needs to take back control. If they want Volk vs Ilia to headline the Perth card and Ilia is refusing but not injured Then they offer Max and he is insisting the "BMF Promotional Tool" is involved that is not his call and if he refuses they should make it public and strip him. Champs must Defend or Vacate not Duck and Dictate.

I think the next evolution of the BMF title should be a Hell in a Cell match, a ladder match or a Royal Rumble with a dozen fighters in the cage at the same time.
<21>

BMF is another water cooler bullshit term like P4P for the estrogen laden fans to bicker about.

<DisgustingHHH>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doubleEYEpoke
Back