Alex Perreira's striking is not just great, its UNFORGIVING

Hill tore his Achilles and will be rusty. This is a tough first fight to go back from after a serious injury.

In my opinion, it's a tough fight for both assassins. Jamahal Hill suffered those injuries (like you said) and Alex Pereira has fewer MMA fights in his record.

In MMA fights, Jamahal Hill has a record of 12-1 (and 1 No Contest).

In MMA fights, Alex Pereira has a record of 9-2.

Well I’m not a fighter so no and I stand by what I said . Jiri had him hurt and is not known for thunder in his hands though he has good kos from a variety of Methods . Hill puts him to sleep mark my words.
When did Jiri have him hurt? Seems like if anyone got hurt it was Jiri when he got knocked down and then knocked the fuck out.

When did Jiri have him hurt? Seems like if anyone got hurt it was Jiri when he got knocked down and then knocked the fuck out.

In my opinion, it's time that the assassins in the Light Heavyweight Division stop underestimating Alex Pereira (even former World Champions like Jamahal Hill).

Agreed.

Jiri rattled Alex with his blitzes, but didn't really hurt him.

Alex trapped Jiri's arms, de-escalated, and reestablished control — every time, after every blitz.

After this repeated sequence happened, 2-3x, Alex anticipated Jiri's blitzes, and finished him.

I'd love to see you attempt to withstand nuclear bombs from Adesanya.

Adesanya is the former UFC Middleweight World Champion (with 5 title defences).

After Adesanya lost the UFC Middleweight World Championship, he captured it again. During his second title reign, Adesanya had 0 title defences.
It's not that 1 KO, something short circuits when he gets hit, he reacts different than most fighters.

Honestly, I think Hill is a worse match up for Pereira than jiri was.
Alex is very technical, so before the figth was everybody talking how he would use leg kicks, then capitalize and counter jiri in some Rush.

I think hill is more patient, he's very good switching and has good distance control.
His hand are quick and he have decent power.
I think Hill can beat Jiri Tbh (would be a good figth and both have chance anyway)

But definitely, Alex vs Hill, Alex is favorite to me.

Does Poatan have the most bad ass entrance in history?

Does Poatan have the most bad ass entrance in history?
It probably is imo, up there in epicness as Don frye's post 9/11 entrance, big nogs saitama arena grand prix entrance and prime Fedor's as well

What males it great is that it feels like a real ritual of an indian warrior preparing for combat

This video slipped through the cracks due to sherdogs terrible timing for their long and questionable update but it's must see for Poatan fans. Luke thomas' Co host is a pretty good fight analyst imo and worthy of a listen

Cliffs: (in progress)

- they go in depth about Alex's striking and just how special it is. They explain why it is better than just good or dangerous, it is unforgiving. Very little margin for error for his opponents, he can change the fight with many of his tools, he can turn a fight on or off with skill and power like no other

- they go over his entire ufc career

- they talk about his chances at becoming a triple weight class champion

- "if Alex's ground game was that awful it would have been badly exposed by now. He doesn't panic off his back and stands back up succesfully"

- One of the coolest fighters alive right now in mma, badass tattoos, badass entrance, storyline

- Alex already belongs in the ufc hall of fame

- they talk about Alex's post fight speech about izzy

-whats a better fight for Alex's next one: Izzy or Jamahal Hill?
I see Hill having the same problem as Jiri...Hill's lead leg is an easy target...
Alex has lead lead leg, but, don't know about Hill's hands.
Hill is a natural fighter and his hands are special coming from a natural fighter.
Hill has a chance for sure, but, I go with Alex...

Pereira is the smart bet, but Hill has some pop in his punches. You have to think Pereira's weakness has been wrestling or fast punches. I think Hill is younger and has the speed+power to put away Pereira, especially if Pereira overlooks him. I'm not going to dick ride Hill and pretend Pereira stands no chance, but I feel better about his chances over Jiri who is a wild power puncher.

Definitely a talent but bit chinny.

The cut to 185 at that point in his career was too much.
That said while I believe that he’s going to hold up at LHW, it is still yet to be seen.
I really can't wait to see this whole hypothesis of Jamahal Hill being a bad matchup for Poatan play out in real time.

Someone posted some clips of Jamahal the other day and it prompted me to go back and watch a few of his previous fights. I cannot understand the hype of him for the life of me. Glover literally looked like he was moving in quicksand in that fight - which is easily the most prestigious win of Hill's career so far. So out-striking that version of Glover is supposed to tell us what exactly?

The pro-Hill argument: Quick snappy punches against a guy with a lotta miles, a low guard, who doesn’t move his head too much.

Again, I’ll pick Alex; but that’s the argument.

I dont think hill will be able to setup his punches well and do anything significant to Alex, could ve wrong though who knows but i find hill to he sloppy af and skinny fat so thst tells me what i need to know

He grew on a lot of people after his last fight. Beats Hill, Chimaev, Ankalaev and he'll be the 3rd greatest LHW in the world.

It's wild to me that I've seen people here claim that Hill is going to out strike Alex. Jamahal has some slick hands, and great power, but come on guys. Anything's possible with someone that can crack like Hill, but Alex should win that fight handily.

This is going to be a classic "Jamahal Hill was never that good" situation.

I got that album when it came out in 1995...to see a guy using it in 2023 is amazing,I fuckin love it. Someone shoulda done this a long time ago,but we needed someone bad ass enough,and Poatan is that guy.
It's a powerful song. I'm pretty sure the Pataxo tribe sepultura used on that is the one alex has connections to

It's a powerful song. I'm pretty sure the Pataxo tribe sepultura used on that is the one alex has connections to
I always dug the tribal names (timestamped) at the end of this song. If they had an extended version of this,would be bad ass for someone to walk out to.

Back