Alex Perreira's striking is not just great, its UNFORGIVING

2004 account

For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill
@Silver
Reaction score
This video slipped through the cracks due to sherdogs terrible timing for their long and questionable update but it's must see for Poatan fans. Luke thomas' Co host is a pretty good fight analyst imo and worthy of a listen

Cliffs: (in progress)

- they go in depth about Alex's striking and just how special it is. They explain why it is better than just good or dangerous, it is unforgiving. Very little margin for error for his opponents, he can change the fight with many of his tools, he can turn a fight on or off with skill and power like no other

- they go over his entire ufc career

- they talk about his chances at becoming a triple weight class champion

- "if Alex's ground game was that awful it would have been badly exposed by now. He doesn't panic off his back and stands back up succesfully"

- One of the coolest fighters alive right now in mma, badass tattoos, badass entrance, storyline

- Alex already belongs in the ufc hall of fame

- they talk about Alex's post fight speech about izzy

-whats a better fight for Alex's next one: Izzy or Jamahal Hill?

Last edited:
Definitely a talent but bit chinny.

I'd love to see you attempt to withstand nuclear bombs from Adesanya.

Adesanya is the former UFC Middleweight World Champion (with 5 title defences).

After Adesanya lost the UFC Middleweight World Championship, he captured it again. During his second title reign, Adesanya had 0 title defences.

After Adesanya lost the UFC Middleweight World Championship, he captured it again. During his second title reign, Adesanya had 0 title defences.
Nuclear pillows

He’s been wobbled by more than just Izzy. Have you watched his UFC fights?

And that is why he is unlikely to become the HW champion. If he got the best matchup, he could possibly win. But if a true HW touches him. He’s probably going to sleep.

I'd love to see Perreira vs Jones at either LHW or HW...Alex should call him out, bait his ego into accepting that fade but we all know that Jon wants to desperately retire asap so he doesnt lose his artificially (ufc, roids) propped up reputation and record.

Well I’m not a fighter so no and I stand by what I said . Jiri had him hurt and is not known for thunder in his hands though he has good kos from a variety of Methods . Hill puts him to sleep mark my words.

Well I’m not a fighter so no and I stand by what I said . Jiri had him hurt and is not known for thunder in his hands though he has good kos from a variety of Methods . Hill puts him to sleep mark my words.

Jiří Procházka is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 0 title defences).

Even if he "isn't known for thunder in his punches," he's still a former World Champion. A former World Champion that has 28 stoppages in his MMA record (so far).

25 stoppages are Knockout Stoppages.

3 stoppages are Submission Stoppages.

In my opinion, Procházka can definitely bust a grape (to say the least).

Last edited:
He’s been wobbled by more than just Izzy. Have you watched his UFC fights?

And that is why he is unlikely to become the HW champion. If he got the best matchup, he could possibly win. But if a true HW touches him. He’s probably going to sleep.
He's been wobbled against who?

He's been wobbled against who?

In MMA fights, Alex Pereira has a record of 9-2.

I watched every single second of Alex vs. Michailidis. I don't remember Michailidis ever wobbling or stunning Alex.

I watched every single second of Alex vs. Strickland. I don't remember Strickland ever wobbling or stunning Alex.

I watched every single second of the first MMA fight that the UFC organized between Alex and Adesanya. I don't remember Adesanya wobbling or stunning Alex a gargantuan amount. Adesanya may have enjoyed a quick moment of stunning Alex in the second round, but I don't think that it was a huge amount.

The second MMA fight that the UFC organized between Alex and Adesanya had the insane result that most of the users on Sherdog watched.

A fight vs Hill solves many questions for UFC Light Heavyweight division and its fans. I for one will be happy to see a clear Champion, since Jon Jones chose to move up.
Additionally, I don't see either man going on a lengthy run, nor do I predict sustained dominance by any contender in said division for years to come; as no current top 10 LHW has shown explosive wrestling form to accompany superb striking styles.

A fight vs Hill solves many questions for UFC Light Heavyweight division and its fans. I for one will be happy to see a clear Champion, since Jon Jones chose to move up.
Additionally, I don't see either man going on a lengthy run, nor do I predict sustained dominance by any contender in said division for years to come; as no current top 10 LHW has shown explosive wrestling form to accompany superb striking styles.

You may or may not have noticed this, but it's somewhat rare to see dominant UFC Light Heavyweight World Champions that accrue many title defences.

Frank Shamrock is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 4 title defences).

Ortiz is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 5 title defences).

Couture is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 0 title defences).

In Vitor Belfort vs. Couture 2, Vitor Belfort became the UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion. Belfort had 0 title defences.

In Couture vs. Vitor Belfort 3, Couture captured the UFC Light Heavyweight World Championship again. During his second title reign, Couture had 0 title defences.

Liddell is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 4 title defences).

Quinton Jackson is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 1 title defence).

Forrest Griffin is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 0 title defences).

Evans is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 0 title defences).

Lyoto Machida is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 1 title defence).

Maurício Rua is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 0 title defences).

Jones is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 8 title defences).

Cormier is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 3 title defences).

Eventually, Cormier decided to vacate the UFC Light Heavyweight World Championship in order to stay inside the Heavyweight Division. Dana White and the rest of the UFC decided to make Jones vs. Gustaffson 2 be for the UFC Light Heavyweight World Championship.

In Jones vs. Gustaffson 2, Jones captured the UFC Light Heavyweight World Championship again. During his second title reign, Jones had 3 title defences.

Błachowicz is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 1 title defence).

Glover Texeira is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 0 title defences).

Jiří Procházka is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 0 title defences).

Jamahal Hill is the former UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 0 title defences).

Alex Pereira is currently the UFC Light Heavyweight World Champion (with 0 title defences).

I really can't wait to see this whole hypothesis of Jamahal Hill being a bad matchup for Poatan play out in real time.

Someone posted some clips of Jamahal the other day and it prompted me to go back and watch a few of his previous fights. I cannot understand the hype of him for the life of me. Glover literally looked like he was moving in quicksand in that fight - which is easily the most prestigious win of Hill's career so far. So out-striking that version of Glover is supposed to tell us what exactly?

I really can't wait to see this whole hypothesis of Jamahal Hill being a bad matchup for Poatan play out in real time.

Someone posted some clips of Jamahal the other day and it prompted me to go back and watch a few of his previous fights. I cannot understand the hype of him for the life of me. Glover literally looked like he was moving in quicksand in that fight - which is easily the most prestigious win of Hill's career so far. So out-striking that version of Glover is supposed to tell us what exactly?
Hill tore his Achilles and will be rusty. This is a tough first fight to come back from after a serious injury.

Last edited:
Back