Media Alex Pereira reacts emotionally to being inducted into the GLORY Hall of Fame

Will Alex Pereira cement himself amongst combat sports GOAT's if he becomes LHW-champ this weekend?

• Total voters

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
He got inducted into the HOF during GLORY Collision 6 last weekend (which I attended), a memorable moment in his combat sports career!

Right at the start of this UFC Embedded episode you can see Alex Pereira's live reaction, while he was watching the kickboxing-event:

Alex is the third ever GLORY Hall of Fame inductee, as he joins Joseph Valtellini and Semmy Schilt:

Here is Poatan's pre-recorded reaction, which was also shown inside the packed out GelreDome in the Netherlands last weekend:

Here's a heartwarming video of his exceptional pre-UFC career:

Will Alex Pereira cement himself amongst the combat sports GOAT's if he, on top of his simultaneous GLORY Kickboxing double-champ status, also manages to become two-divisional UFC champion by beating Jiří Procházka this weekend?

upload_2023-11-9_2-41-59.jpeg upload_2023-11-9_2-42-22.jpeg
upload_2023-11-9_2-44-52.jpeg

I like both Jiri and Pereira. I would be happy to see Poatan pull off the win and get a second belt so quickly. The guy is a bad ass, and just as sincere, with no frills who is a fan friendly fighter. I'm looking forward to this card on Saturday. The JBG will be appeased.

Last edited:
To the poll, yes and no, but stricktly speaking, no. I think his kickboxing run is already good enough to be considered one of the greats of combat sports, in a considerably sized pantheon of greats. I don't like to make it as exclusive as possible by only making it a top 3-5-10 kind of thing.

The greatness in his MMA career is far from established though. The dude still has had a generally easy path carved out for him with carefully selected opponents. Still very good wins, but if he beat a guy like Ankalaev that would do sooooooooo much more tor his MMA greatness, than beating primarily strikers.

Beating hard stylistic match ups >>>>>>>>> shiny belts

Last edited:
To the poll, yes and no, but stricktly speaking, no. I think his kickboxing run is already good enough to be considered one of the greats of combat sports, in a considerably sized pantheon of greats. I don't like to make it as exclusive as possible by only making it a top 3-5-10 kind of thing.

The greatness in his MMA career is far from established though. The dude still has had a generally easy path carved out for him with carefully selected opponents. Still very good wins, but if he beat a guy like Ankalaev that would do sooooooooo much more tor his MMA greatness, than beating primarily strikers.

Beating hard stylistic match ups >>>>>>>>> shiny belts
I see you.
What should (in your opinion) be Pereira’s next move, in case he beats Jiří?

I see you.
What should (in your opinion) be Pereira’s next move, in case he beats Jiří?

Depends what he wants to do. If he just wants wins that look good, just find another striker to beat. Hill definitely seems like the perfect candidate, especially because he is also a former champ that didn't lose the belt. If he wants to built a truly legit MMA legacy, fight Ankalaev or even Khamzat, the latter would be a big money fight, too, which is a nice big plus and there is also some backstory already there. Though I'm sure lots of people would shit on that match up because Khamzat wouldn't have 'deservered' it.

Was a good moment.

Also love how the president giving the talk said that Alex knocked out Izzy twice in Glory, when one of the fights was a decision haha.

First bullied my Flyweight Kape, then destroyed by the Strickster, then KOd by Glory haha. Great stuff.

Depends what he wants to do. If he just wants wins that look good, just find another striker to beat. Hill definitely seems like the perfect candidate, especially because he is also a former champ that didn't lose the belt. If he wants to built a truly legit MMA legacy, fight Ankalaev or even Khamzat, the latter would be a big money fight, too, which is a nice big plus and there is also some backstory already there. Though I'm sure lots of people would shit on that match up because Khamzat wouldn't have 'deservered' it.
Yeah personally I definitely want to see that Ankalaev “test”, which is a super intriguing matchup.
Preferably after a potential title-defense against Jamahal though:)

He allready has cemented himself imo. Not many have done what he's accomplished.

You are, to an extent, right. But to be fair, in his very short mma career he has beaten 3 past/current/future UFC champions in Strickland, Izzy and Jan. If he beats Jiri, it will be four. Yes, styles make fights and all that, but having a good win against a dedicated grappler/wrestler would mean something to a knowledgable guy like you, but not for the average Joe. Nor would a win over a guy like Ankalaev (no name guy so far, at least to casuals) do anything for his overall legacy.

Damn. I just started night work. This will be the first event I wanna watch that I will be missing in about 10+ years

Well it pretty much was his springboard to fame especially the results against Izzy there, game him the built in history to get fast tracked to the title shots. That and being a fan friendly scary dude
This and the fact that he's not that young, so the UFC needed to cash on him as fast as they could. Anyway, I like the guy, very good to watch his fights

Is It weird that Im rooting for Alex to win in brutal fashion and then lose a rematch so i can see both these savages as champs?

Back