Alex Jones EVISCERATING redcoat Piers Morgan on gun control in 2013 (shakes the gun control debate)

KONE

Double Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
I recently came across this video and I was in complete awe of how effortlessly Alex Jones besmirched Piers Morgan on this subject. For those who don't know, Piers is in favor of bans on semi-automatic weapons. Alex Jones was ready for all of Piers' talking points, and thoroughly destroyed him.

This isn't the first time Piers has gotten utterly destroyed on guns though, Ben Shapiro also made him look pretty stupid. Piers never has an answer for the fact that semi automatic weapons (rifles) are used very little in actual shootings. Alex Jones backed up everything he said with actual statistics

TBH, this just seems like a subject the left should drop at this point, because they aren't gonna win it. Most of the gun related crimes are gang related, assault rifles are rarely if ever used irresponsibly, and more, non gang-related gun ownership shows lower crime rates. What else is there to be said at this point?

Last edited:
Except that you are wrong, crime in US is low, just as gun sales are plummeting.

US is at an all time low for gun possession per household. And the statistic that gun ownership reduces crime is 100% bullshit. Crime is higher in capital cities and lower in rural areas.. which is natural for any developed nation

"Piers never has an answer for the fact that semi automatic weapons are used very little in actual shootings."

They are used in almost every shooting...

"Piers never has an answer for the fact that semi automatic weapons are used very little in actual shootings."

They are used in almost every shooting...

Shootings in general? No, they're not.

73201610.jpg

Majority of shooting in US are handguns

They usually mean semi automatic rifles

Which are semi-auto.

He didn't say rifles so I was just pointing out that what he said is wrong.

Last edited:
Except that you are wrong, crime in US is low, just as gun sales are plummeting.

US is at an all time low for gun possession per household. And the statistic that gun ownership reduces crime is 100% bullshit. Crime is higher in capital cities and lower in rural areas.. which is natural for any developed nation

What part is he wrong about

It probably is down but those per household studies could easily be swayed by calling certain areas. Also the amount of people who refuse to answer is up like 5%.

Even if you go with the data of 1970 having 50% and today 35%, more people number wise own guns.

1970: 205 million people, 50%, 102.5m
2017: 326 million people, 35%, 114.1m

US is at an all time low for gun possession per household.

Oh? After 8 years of Obama in the White House and years of sky high firearm sales, suddenly 'US is at an all time low for gun possession per household?'

Sorry, but that doesn't pass the bullshit test. Just because Hillary lost the election doesn't mean people sold their firearms to... well... who'd they sell them to, to make the national 'gun possession per household' statistic go down?

It probably is down but those per household studies could easily be swayed by calling certain areas. Also the amount of people who refuse to answer is up like 5%.

Even if you go with the data of 1970 having 50% and today 35%, more people number wise own guns.

1970: 205 million people, 50%, 102.5m
2017: 326 million people, 35%, 114.1m

Out of curiosity, does your source say the statistics of 2008?

Which are semi-auto.

He didn't say rifles so I was just pointing out that what he said is wrong.

Oh yes, that's what I meant. Was going by the context of the video, since they were talking about the shootings towards the end of 2012 which were via rifles

Out of curiosity, does your source say the statistics of 2008?

I didn't look the source back up. A guy on here had a similar post a few months ago and posted a site with pretty good data break down. I just remember the data said 50 and 35%.

Percent-of-households-owning-guns.jpg

1427754939025.jpg

I didn't look the source back up. A guy on here had a similar post a few months ago and posted a site with pretty good data break down. I just remember the data said 50 and 35%.

Percent-of-households-owning-guns.jpg

1427754939025.jpg

Ah ha, the devil's in the details.

So more houses are being built and bought by non-firearm owners. That's a whole different thing than what ''US is at an all time low for gun possession per household,' implies at face value.

Even then, these statistics/surveys seem like they can be jury-rigged like political polls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back