Alex Jones EVISCERATING redcoat Piers Morgan on gun control in 2013 (shakes the gun control debate)

I agree felons who weren't violent shouldn't have their right to arms revoked. Do you see all bans as being unconstitutional? Because that would include doing away with the ones that ban say a 6 year old from carrying a weapon to a birthday party's to chuck-e-cheese or someone with severe mental health issues carrying.

Also curious how you interrupt the "well regulated" description of gun owners that is opening sentence of the 2nd. It's obviously calling not just for regulation but strong at that, what is that suppose to look like? I don't personally don't see much strong regulations at the federal level.

I think the opening 4 words allow some bans. Your right to bear arms as part of an already well regulated group is to not to be infringed is how I interrupt it. I know others ignore the first sentence and believe simply your right to bear arms in any form is not to be infringed. I just don't think the founders would include a description for strong regulation first thing if they didn't want it.

The idea of the time was that an unregulated civilian militia should be allowed. Meaning that we would have a weak military and federal government and a strong armed civilian population. At the time of the writing, people were literally allowed to own cannons, naval ships, and other things like that without issue. Well-regulated means that the civilians have control over the militia and how it's regulated. It doesn't mean government oversight.

I think any law that violates what is written in the constitution is illegal and should be unenforceable. If they want to update gun laws to reflect our lifestyle today, that's fine. I just think it should go through the correct process and be a Constitutional amendment. I don't think the government should be allowed to willy-nilly take away our Constitutional rights. Those are the foundation of this country.

must not have shook it very hard since this was 4 years ago

The idea that gang violence being bad at this current time period means anyone, including Piers, can't explore ideas around regulating firearms is ridiculous.

Aren't the very first words of the 2nd "A WELL REGULATED militia"?

Well means very. Very regulated. As in a well done steak being a very done steak, this group of gun owners is described in the very first breath of the 2nd amendment as needing to be very regulated.

If you don't believe in the portion of our society that chooses to be armed being well regulated then you should be arguing against the 2nd amendment and advocating replacing it with an amendment that doesn't call for strong regulations. That is more genuine than ignoring the very first words.

I see you've already been schooled on this. I'm curious though, did at any point you stop and ask yourself who was supposed to be doing the (incorrectly interpreted) regulating?

Majority of shooting in US are handguns
Shootings in general? No, they're not.

Handguns are semi-automatic.

Do you think gangs are exchanging fire with muskets or that sweet automatic machine handgun that Martin Lawrence had in National Security?

Anyways, the conversation is dumb. The Second Amendment wasn't meant to hold up as guaranteeing that guns reduce crime: if anything it's meant to hold up against evidence to the contrary.

I recently came across this video and I was in complete awe of how effortlessly Alex Jones besmirched Piers Morgan on this subject. For those who don't know, Piers is in favor of bans on semi-automatic weapons. Alex Jones was ready for all of Piers' talking points, and thoroughly destroyed him.

This isn't the first time Piers has gotten utterly destroyed on guns though, Ben Shapiro also made him look pretty stupid. Piers never has an answer for the fact that semi automatic weapons (rifles) are used very little in actual shootings. Alex Jones backed up everything he said with actual statistics

TBH, this just seems like a subject the left should drop at this point, because they aren't gonna win it. Most of the gun related crimes are gang related, assault rifles are rarely if ever used irresponsibly, and more, non gang-related gun ownership shows lower crime rates. What else is there to be said at this point?

you-dont-need-to-have-a-movement-to-deport-me-8153167.png

Back