Aleksei Oleinek just submitted his opponent from the bottom mount

I've been telling you mangs, nogizequiel secret op.

I was checking out some no gi ezi chokes online a while back but I was never able to pull it off in training. I need to look closer into this, that is one deceiving finish. Nice

DC is such a terrible commentator

I didn't watch the fight live, so I just had the clip, but I did find this exchange hilarious:

DC: I mean, this is great grappling. Just using those punches to move himself into the mount position...
Anik: He tapped!

I've hit this from mount but you get some gravity on your side with that. This position would take some strength to finish - good thing he is a huge MF.

To be fair, i think no one (other thain Oleinik and his training partners) was expecting or respecting the choke until he tapped.
Yeah. To Pesta's credit that should be kept in mind. I realized he was working on something only because a few moments earlier DC or Anik mentioned he had like 10 wins via Ezekiel. Still, seeing him finish it from bottom mount didn't change the dafuq moment I experienced.

i've hit a lot of those from top mount, but never thought of it from bottom mount. mainly because cardinal sin #1 is extending your arms while mounted. crazy

Back