Aleksei Oleinek just submitted his opponent from the bottom mount

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Somehow managed to win via no-gi Ezekiel choke from bottom mount. Gifs should be incoming.

Was about to post about that. Didnt think it was possible lmao.

Was expecting this thread after the fight.

So, how many whitebelts are going to get armbarred while they attempt this?

25% of his submission wins are from that same technique.

giphy.gif

I've only ever done that to my girlfriend, when she tries to wrestle me.

what is worse? getting ezikeled or kimura'd from when you are in mount?

This was insane. The sub is very hard to do without a gi, then done in the worst position possible, in the division where being on the bottom is almost near hopeless.

I can barely pull that off in a gi.... during drills with a non resisting opponent.

Edit : actually never while fully mounted either... from full guard.

Geez.

That dude was out too.

I love the ezekial choke in gi and mainly train in it. I competed in nogi pretty recently and while in mount I was kind of lost because I kept thinking about the ezekial choke and tried to figure out if I could do it on the spot but instead looked like a dummy. Gotta study these nogi ezekial chokes

The ref is a real pro. He was able to keep himself from laughing. Good on him.

That shit was awesome. His opponent just never even considered that he might be choked from mount.

Oleinek nearly got it earlier in the round too. Basically tried to pull guard with it. You can tell it's a move he's very confident in. Set it up, baited his opponent in to mount and finished.

Impressive.

wonder if he could've got out of that if he jumped back into side control

wonder if he could've got out of that if he jumped back into side control
Some of the no gi guys might know better. I imagine it would put more strain on Alexey's arms. But that was on so damn tight, I doubt it would have mattered.

Back