Alchemy is Real?

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I alwas thought it was something that people Tried to do but found out today that people have been changing stuff for 100yrs and we can even make Gold. The problem is the cost of it to make the gold it too much and not cost effective. But what if they start using that cern machine? could that make it worth it? now sure how much it cost to turn that thing on.

Vid explains the history on it.

pic1266817.jpg

Nope and not for lack of effort form minds like Newton.

Last edited:
You should see the chimera and homonculus I made.

The only thing that turns one element into another is millions of degrees and the immense pressure in the core of a supernova

I'm stacking up on those health and mana options

I alwas thought it was something that people Tried to do but found out today that people have been changing stuff for 100yrs and we can even make Gold. The problem is the cost of it to make the gold it too much and not cost effective. But what if they start using that cern machine? could that make it worth it? now sure how much it cost to turn that thing on.

No, not real Gold, but radioactive Gold. At a huge cost and a very, very small amount. And the Gold made won't remain Gold forever. So, yes, alchemy is still bullshit after all these years. Regular Gold is a very stable element. Now Carbon can be compressed hard enough to make diamonds. Very common these days, but a diamond is still Carbon. Don't try to cheat your fiancé because there is a slight difference between regular Earth grown diamonds and industry made diamonds.

Going back to my favorite element. Uranium - U238. It eventually ends up as Lead. Decay process:

. Thorium 234
. Protactinium 234
. Uranium 234
. Thorium 230
. Radium 226
. Radon 222
. Polonium 218
. Lead 214
. Bismuth 214
. Polonium 214
. Lead 210
. Bismuth 210
. Polonium 210
. Lead 206 (stable)

Plutonium is also is extracted from Uranium, so, all nuclear bombs in the planet come from Uranium. During WWII the U.S. made 3 Atomic bombs. The first was the test bomb in Trinity, New Mexico. That was a Plutonium bomb. The second was the Hiroshima bomb. That was a Uranium 235 bomb. The third was the Nagasaki bomb which was also made of Plutonium 239.

No, not real Gold, but radioactive Gold. At a huge cost and a very, very small amount. And the Gold made won't remain Gold forever. So, yes, alchemy is still bullshit after all these years. Regular Gold is a very stable element. Now Carbon can be compressed hard enough to make diamonds. Very common these days, but a diamond is still Carbon. Don't try to cheat your fiancé because there is a slight difference between regular Earth grown diamonds and industry made diamonds.

Going back to my favorite element. Uranium - U238. It eventually ends up as Lead. Decay process:

. Thorium 234
. Protactinium 234
. Uranium 234
. Thorium 230
. Radium 226
. Radon 222
. Polonium 218
. Lead 214
. Bismuth 214
. Polonium 214
. Lead 210
. Bismuth 210
. Polonium 210
. Lead 206 (stable)

Plutonium is also is extracted from Uranium, so, all nuclear bombs in the planet come from Uranium. During WWII the U.S. made 3 Atomic bombs. The first was the test bomb in Trinity, New Mexico. That was a Plutonium bomb. The second was the Hiroshima bomb. That was a Uranium 235 bomb. The third was the Nagasaki bomb which was also made of Plutonium 239.

To make gold you have remove Single proton? so can we smash them up with the Cern collidaer and knock one lose. Is that machine expensive to turn on?

Last edited:
Wait, does everything turn into lead?

No. You have Lead from Uranium decay and naturally occurring Lead. There are 118 elements that we know of at this time. Some man made. Some only last for a few seconds. Elements make up everything on Earth and the Universe. Some are toxic like Lead and Mercury. Some are extra toxic like Polonium 210 which is found in the tobacco used to make cigarettes. It is also what the Russians used to kill their agents. The majority of the 'solid' elements don't decay into anything else and are not dangerous.

Give me alchemy, give me wizardry
Give me sorcery, thermatology
Electricity, magic if you please
Master all of these, bring him to his knees

To make gold a Single proton? so can we smash them up with the Cern collidaer and knock one lose. Is that machine expensive to turn on?

I don't know much about the Cern Collider. I'll have to read up on it. Like I mentioned above and the guy mentions on the video, it is a very expensive and time consuming process. And again, it is radioactive Gold, not natural Gold. I would equate it to the process of getting Uranium 235 from Uranium 238. Very complex process, and it takes large amounts of U238 to extract a few molecules of U235. This is exactly what the Iranians are doing right now with their nuclear program. Once they get enough U235, something like the size of a baseball, they will be able to make a bomb similar to the Hiroshima bomb. So, you have an easier chance to get 'real' Gold from rivers and mines.

What they have made Percy, if it has a name, is some Green...

Alchemy is just trial and error early chemistry. Without the alchemists doing all those experiments we not know what we know now about chemistry. Someone had to do the dirty work.

They have already turned lead into gold.. Just not a whole lot of it.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-lead-can-be-turned-into-gold/
Same basic thing. The core of a collapsing star is an interesting place full of high energy collisions.

"... a critical temperature, 5 billion degrees, is reached. At this temperature, an extremely sharp change sets in. Instead of the material of the innermost parts of the star continuing to belong to the iron group, a dramatic change of the composition occurs- the material changes back into helium.

Astonishing as this may be, there can be no doubt at all about its correctness. The material must change almost entirely into helium if the temperature rises to a value in the neighborhood of 5,000 million degrees."
(Fred Hoyle)

The sudden transformation of the core into helium essentially removes the central mass and all the layers of the star collapse inward.

Back