Alchemy is Real?

They have already turned lead into gold... Just not a whole lot of it.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fact-or-fiction-lead-can-be-turned-into-gold/

No, not really. Let's reference your article:

"...by sifting through the particulate wreckage, the team found a number of transmuted atoms in which four protons had been removed from a bismuth atom to produce gold. Along with the four protons, the collision-induced reactions had removed anywhere from six to 15 neutrons, producing a range of gold isotopes from gold 190 (79 protons and 111 neutrons) to gold 199 (79 protons, 120 neutrons)."

"The amount of gold produced was so small that Morrissey and his colleagues had to identify it by measuring the radiation given off by unstable gold nuclei as they decayed over the course of a year. In addition to the several radioactive isotopes of gold, the particle collisions 'presumably' produced some amount of the stable isotope gold 197—the stuff of wedding bands and gold bullion—but because it does not decay the researchers were unable to confirm its presence."

Gold's Atomic Weight is 196.967. Anything above or below is unstable and gives off radiation. Key words: 'Radiation' and 'decay'. Regular Gold is very stable and lasts forever. They came very close, but what they got was not real Gold.

Adding and removing neutrons is a tricky game, specially with stable elements. That is why Uranium 235 and Plutonium 239 is used in nuclear weapons. The elements are highly unstable and can reach 'critical mass' and a 'chain reaction' much faster through fission or fusion. Roughly 1/1,000,000 of a second.

* Let me know if you want me to go into the process of a thermonuclear bomb. Way more powerful than an Atom bomb, in fact, it takes an Atom bomb to set off a Hydrogen bomb.

The only thing that turns one element into another is millions of degrees and the immense pressure in the core of a supernova

And that's just my jab, the room filling uppercut hit harder!

Gold: $40 per gram
Heroin: $110 per gram
Cocaine: $600 per gram
LSD: $3,000 per gram
Plutonium: $4,000 per gram
Painite: $300,000 per gram
Californium 252: $27 million per gram

alchemy is now known as nuclear chemistry and they make reaction processes that are feasible for some reason like nuclear power os isotopes for medical imaging or expand our understanding of the universe.

* Let me know if you want me to go into the process of a thermonuclear bomb. Way more powerful than an Atom bomb, in fact, it takes an Atom bomb to set off a Hydrogen bomb.
Please do.

No, not really. Let's reference your article:

"...by sifting through the particulate wreckage, the team found a number of transmuted atoms in which four protons had been removed from a bismuth atom to produce gold. Along with the four protons, the collision-induced reactions had removed anywhere from six to 15 neutrons, producing a range of gold isotopes from gold 190 (79 protons and 111 neutrons) to gold 199 (79 protons, 120 neutrons)."

"The amount of gold produced was so small that Morrissey and his colleagues had to identify it by measuring the radiation given off by unstable gold nuclei as they decayed over the course of a year. In addition to the several radioactive isotopes of gold, the particle collisions 'presumably' produced some amount of the stable isotope gold 197—the stuff of wedding bands and gold bullion—but because it does not decay the researchers were unable to confirm its presence."

Gold's Atomic Weight is 196.967. Anything above or below is unstable and gives off radiation. Key words: 'Radiation' and 'decay'. Regular Gold is very stable and lasts forever. They came very close, but what they got was not real Gold.

Adding and removing neutrons is a tricky game, specially with stable elements. That is why Uranium 235 and Plutonium 239 is used in nuclear weapons. The elements are highly unstable and can reach 'critical mass' and a 'chain reaction' much faster through fission or fusion. Roughly 1/1,000,000 of a second.

I know it's not stable, but it is still gold. If only for a short time. LOL. I really don't know much about nuclear science, or shit like that. Just a simple man, trying to earn a living.

I know it's not stable, but it is still gold. If only for a short time. LOL. I really don't know much about nuclear science, or shit like that. Just a simple man, trying to earn a living.

How you gonna hustle time stamped gold my man?

LOL I guess you can't.. I really wish I went into more science classes in school instead of the Jack off crap I was doing.

Never too late homie; especially if you're a forever alone basement dweller.

Please do.

Ok.
I never took physics in high school or college. My major was in Psychology. I just enjoy reading about it. The nuclear interest came when I was in the military (U.S. Army). There is an interesting history regarding the Atom bomb. Hitler, and Germany, could have gotten it first had he not run all the best physicists, who were Jewish, out of Germany. The best came to the United States and started work on the Manhattan Project.

Einstein was a draft dodger from WWI. He was also not as bright as people think since he had no clue as to the use of nuclear fission for weapons purpose until a friend, Leo Szilard, came to him for a request to write a letter to Roosevelt in 1939 to push America to pursue a project to build an Atom bomb before the Germans. A little naïve on Einstein's part.

Hitler fought in WWI and survived. Most of his Platoon got wiped out during an attack and only he and one other soldier survived from a group of 47. What are the odds?

Anyway, a Hydrogen (Thermonuclear) bomb is much more complex to put together than a regular Atom bomb. That is why I don't think North Korea has it. Pakistan and India certainly don't have it.

Atom bombs are in the 'kiloton' range. Hydrogen bombs are in the 'megaton' range.
1 Megaton = 1,000 Kilotons.
Hiroshima Atom bomb was about 15 Kilotons.
Ivy Mike was the first Hydrogen bomb test done by the U.S. in 1952. 10.4 Megatons.

You need an Atom bomb to set off a Hydrogen bomb. It is a 4 stage bomb where the energy is multiplied by each stage of the explosion.

640px-TellerUlamAblation.png

1. Warhead before firing. The nested spheres at the top are the fission primary; the cylinders below are the fusion secondary device.
  2. Fission primary's explosives have detonated and collapsed the primary's fissile pit.
  3. The primary's fission reaction has run to completion, and the primary is now at several million degrees and radiating gamma and hard X-rays, heating up the inside of the hohlraum, the shield, and the secondary's tamper.
  4. The primary's reaction is over and it has expanded. The surface of the pusher for the secondary is now so hot that it is also ablating or expanding away, pushing the rest of the secondary (tamper, fusion fuel, and fissile spark plug) inwards. The spark plug starts to fission. Not depicted: the radiation case is also ablating and expanding outwards (omitted for clarity of diagram).
  5. The secondary's fuel has started the fusion reaction and shortly will burn up. A fireball starts to form.
This is a great video of how the process works. Ivy Mike, 1952, 10.4 Megatons. Start at 2:39.

Never too late homie; especially if you're a forever alone basement dweller.
LOL that does not describe me.. Got me 2 kids and Wife, but I am honestly considering going back to school and learning something real.

Not sure if you're being serious with the LHC. It's only the most powerful supercollider ever. To run it is crazy cheap of course.

Ok.
I never took physics in high school or college. My major was in Psychology. I just enjoy reading about it. The nuclear interest came when I was in the military (U.S. Army). There is an interesting history regarding the Atom bomb. Hitler, and Germany, could have gotten it first had he not run all the best physicists, who were Jewish, out of Germany. The best came to the United States and started work on the Manhattan Project.

Einstein was a draft dodger from WWI. He was also not as bright as people think since he had no clue as to the use of nuclear fission for weapons purpose until a friend, Leo Szilard, came to him for a request to write a letter to Roosevelt in 1939 to push America to pursue a project to build an Atom bomb before the Germans. A little naïve on Einstein's part.

Hitler fought in WWI and survived. Most of his Platoon got wiped out during an attack and only he and one other soldier survived from a group of 47. What are the odds?

Anyway, a Hydrogen (Thermonuclear) bomb is much more complex to put together than a regular Atom bomb. That is why I don't think North Korea has it. Pakistan and India certainly don't have it.

Atom bombs are in the 'kiloton' range. Hydrogen bombs are in the 'megaton' range.
1 Megaton = 1,000 Kilotons.
Hiroshima Atom bomb was about 15 Kilotons.
Ivy Mike was the first Hydrogen bomb test done by the U.S. in 1952. 10.4 Megatons.

You need an Atom bomb to set off a Hydrogen bomb. It is a 4 stage bomb where the energy is multiplied by each stage of the explosion.

640px-TellerUlamAblation.png

1. Warhead before firing. The nested spheres at the top are the fission primary; the cylinders below are the fusion secondary device.
  2. Fission primary's explosives have detonated and collapsed the primary's fissile pit.
  3. The primary's fission reaction has run to completion, and the primary is now at several million degrees and radiating gamma and hard X-rays, heating up the inside of the hohlraum, the shield, and the secondary's tamper.
  4. The primary's reaction is over and it has expanded. The surface of the pusher for the secondary is now so hot that it is also ablating or expanding away, pushing the rest of the secondary (tamper, fusion fuel, and fissile spark plug) inwards. The spark plug starts to fission. Not depicted: the radiation case is also ablating and expanding outwards (omitted for clarity of diagram).
  5. The secondary's fuel has started the fusion reaction and shortly will burn up. A fireball starts to form.
This is a great video of how the process works. Ivy Mike, 1952, 10.4 Megatons. Start at 2:39.

Thanks for writing that up. That video is quite the little piece of Americana.

As for Einstein: There's different types of intelligence and then there's specific interests and depth of study. Einstein was brilliant in a way 99.99% of humanity isn't/wasn't. And that note was one of his biggest regrets.

I suggest you read this if you haven't: https://www.amazon.com/American-Prometheus-Triumph-Tragedy-Oppenheimer/dp/0375726268

LOL that does not describe me.. Got me 2 kids and Wife, but I am honestly considering going back to school and learning something real.

Depending on what you're going to study I'd suggest you go to your local community college and get their applied mathematics associates degree and get the elementary calculus and physics out of the way. If you're still interested keep going and apply to a serious school.

Worst case you realize it wasn't for you and you've just wasted a few hundred bucks and some time.

Got me 2 kids and Wife, but I am honestly considering going back to school and learning something real.

These days a lot of people are getting their degree online. A lot of good schools and great courses. MIT even offers free courses.

Yes, I'm familiar with the book and the way Oppenheimer was used as a 'scapegoat' after WWII. That was really not the way the man should have been treated by the U.S. government.

Back