Al "Sgt Apone" Matthews from Aliens has died...

Rip sarge. wonder who's gonna be next from that film?

Lance Hendrickson has always been the odds-on favorite. He was 55 when Aliens was filmed, and is still acting at 78 years of age.

Didn't realise Al Mathews was only 3 years younger than him.

Damn. I just rewatched Aliens for the twentieth time this past weekend. The person I watched it with had never seen it. They loved it.

“Look into my eye...”

Always wondered what he meant by it.
He gave him the finger.

tenor.gif

AAAzNXV.img

"Al Matthews, the real-life military man who portrayed the no-nonsense, cigar-chomping Sgt. Apone in the sci-fi horror classic Aliens, has died. He was 75.

Matthews was found dead in his home in Alicante on Spain's Mediterranean coast Saturday at 10 p.m. by a neighbor, the Spanish international news agency EFE and the El Pais newspaper confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.

Matthews also had bit parts in Rough Cut (1980), Ragtime (1981), Superman III (1983), The Fifth Element (1997) and Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)."

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps. A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet. Every paycheck a fortune. Every formation a parade. I LOVE the Corps!

Matthews himself served almost six years in the Marine Corps in Vietnam, receiving 13 combat awards and two Purple Hearts."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...-aliens-dies-at-75/ar-AAAzLwg?ocid=spartanntp

R.I.P. "Sarge"

Rest in peace.

Lance Hendrickson has always been the odds-on favorite. He was 55 when Aliens was filmed, and is still acting at 78 years of age.

Didn't realise Al Mathews was only 3 years younger than him.

Aliens came out in 86.

He was 45.

So I just read he was meritoriously promoted to E5 in the field in Vietnam. Sounds like he was a legit badass in the Marines prior to his depiction of on screen badass of Sgt Apone.

Also if you don't think Sgt Johnson in Halo is not 100% inspired by him you are wrong.

So I just read he was meritoriously promoted to E5 in the field in Vietnam. Sounds like he was a legit badass in the Marines prior to his depiction of on screen badass of Sgt Apone.

Also if you don't think Sgt Johnson in Halo is not 100% inspired by him you are wrong.
i actually thought that was supposed to be him.

RIP to Al Matthews.

So I was doing some checking, cause I have that kind of time and so far five actors have passed away from the film.

Bill Paxton - Private Hudson (2017)
Al Matthews - Sergeant Apone (2018)
Tip Tipping - Private Crowe (1993)
Trevor Steedman - Private Wierzbowski (2016)
Paul Maxwell - Van Leuwen (1991)

Damn didnt know he was a real combat hero and a sergeant to boot.

Back