Al "Sgt Apone" Matthews from Aliens has died...

Strychnine

War Room Peace Addict
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
AAAzNXV.img

"Al Matthews, the real-life military man who portrayed the no-nonsense, cigar-chomping Sgt. Apone in the sci-fi horror classic Aliens, has died. He was 75.

Matthews was found dead in his home in Alicante on Spain's Mediterranean coast Saturday at 10 p.m. by a neighbor, the Spanish international news agency EFE and the El Pais newspaper confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.

Matthews also had bit parts in Rough Cut (1980), Ragtime (1981), Superman III (1983), The Fifth Element (1997) and Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)."

All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps. A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet. Every paycheck a fortune. Every formation a parade. I LOVE the Corps!

Matthews himself served almost six years in the Marine Corps in Vietnam, receiving 13 combat awards and two Purple Hearts."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...-aliens-dies-at-75/ar-AAAzLwg?ocid=spartanntp

R.I.P. "Sarge"

RIP

I'm sure he's getting Hudson to "secure that shit" in heaven.

And to think Bill Paxton fist broke into film with:

You could tell by the way that he carried himself that he was an authentic badass.

He should have had more screen time. In fact, he should have lived and been the focus of Alien 3, leading the charge to rescue a separated group on a ship or moon, utilizing brazen strategy and tactics learned during his first encounter with the feared xenomorph.

Why he living in Spain, lax drug laws, and did he die from overdose?

RIP

His legacy includes a big role in one of the greatest movies of all time. Not bad

What a presence he was, I frickin loved that guy in Aliens. RIP - your voice is still in my head, sir.

Rip sarge. wonder who's gonna be next from that film?

Dying at 75 on the Med coast is a lot better than most. Still sad though.

Back