Aj vs Francis different angle

Is boxing maths worse then MMA maths?
Not really, you can safely assume that since Joshua murdered all the people that Tyson struggle with/robbed he would murder Tyson as well.

Id say boxing maths actually works a lot of the time (not all the time) some people are just better. MMA maths almost never works I guess because of the much more different style matchups in comparison to boxing.

Not sure how AJ has a better resume? I am not a big boxing guy but he lost to Usyk x 2 and lost to Ruiz. Most of the fighters on AJ's, Usyk's & Fury's records are middling but its a trait they all share.

Joshua has beat povetkin, Whyte, pulev, wlad, Parker, ruiz. He’s actually fought the real contenders instead of avoiding them, and trying to pull the room over his fans eyes and fighting journeymen multiple times instead. Outside of wlad they are all better wins than furys imo. Wilder is a hype job that has crushed cans his whole career and lost convincingly to the only 2 real contenders/elite HWs he’s ever fought

Joshua has a far better resume than fury, it’s difficult to argue otherwise if you look at their resumes side by side. Joshua and usyk have actually looked to unify the belts and fight the best. Wilder and fury have done the opposite whilst saying something different. Both of them have turned frown unification fights and then accused the other of ducking. And those fans who believed it are finally now seeing through this

Joshua has beat povetkin, Whyte, pulev, wlad, Parker, ruiz. He’s actually fought the real contenders instead of avoiding them, and trying to pull the room over his fans eyes and fighting journeymen multiple times instead. Outside of wlad they are all better wins than furys imo. Wilder is a hype job that has crushed cans his whole career and lost convincingly to the only 2 real contenders/elite HWs he’s ever fought

Joshua has a far better resume than fury, it’s difficult to argue otherwise if you look at their resumes side by side. Joshua and usyk have actually looked to unify the belts and fight the best. Wilder and fury have done the opposite whilst saying something different. Both of them have turned frown unification fights and then accused the other of ducking. And those fans who believed it are finally now seeing through this
There are a lot of recognizable names on AJ's resume. Whyte, Martin, Breazeale, Klitschko, Takam, Parker, Povetkin, Ruiz, Pulev, Franklin, Helenius, Wallin, Ngannou (only listed due to his competitive fight with Fury). Fought Usyk twice. Tried to fight Fury & Wilder.

Hell even Eric Molina was a two-time world title challenger but I didn't count him.

Joshua has the deepest resume at the weight. That's how. He's beaten more champs, former champs, and contenders than any of the others at heavyweight. Usyk is already a lock for the Hall of Fame. He did that in less than two dozen professional fights. His overall resume across the two divisions he's fought in is one of the strongest in the sport regardless of weight class. Not sure where you're getting this padded or middling stuff from. It's not accurate.
All boxers pad their records at the start. You say Joshua has the best resume yet he has 3 losses. In MMA that's not at all a problem. In boxing that is horrible. Claims Tyson has ducked anyone is interesting because they all do it. They fight lesser fighters and never fight fellow elite fighters in boxing. Also Fury is fighting Usyk next so not ducking there and AJ hasn't fought him so does that mean AJ has Ducked Fury too?

All boxers pad their records at the start. You say Joshua has the best resume yet he has 3 losses. In MMA that's not at all a problem. In boxing that is horrible. Claims Tyson has ducked anyone is interesting because they all do it. They fight lesser fighters and never fight fellow elite fighters in boxing. Also Fury is fighting Usyk next so not ducking there and AJ hasn't fought him so does that mean AJ has Ducked Fury too?
If all boxers pad their records to start then why even mention that these guys have padded records? However, not all boxers pad from the start. Lomachenko didn't, Naoya Inoue didn't.

Resume is about who you've fought and beat. Not just wins. You look at their full resume. Then you say that all fighters duck. Not true. For instance, Andre Ward never ducked a single fighter in his entire career. He's just one recent example.

Tyson Fury did in fact duck Usyk for nearly 2 years. Blatantly. He sabotaged negotiations for a 70/30 purse split that Usyk accepted. Usyk was to get just 30%. I followed their negotiations closely. So did the rest of the forum. He's only fighting Usyk now because the Saudis offered him so much money he eventually changed his mind. Fury also sabotaged negotiations with AJ in the last couple years. Dragged them out just like he did initially with Usyk. Played games, dragged his feet, the usual shenanigans. That's why Fury lost the majority of his fanbase even in the UK.

Fury is fighting Usyk next so we will see. What is Fury beats him and then fights AJ and wins?

Wilder won the WBC HW title and his opponent was 24-1-1
1st defense Eric Molina was 23-2
2nd defense Johan Duhaupas was 23-2
3rd defense Artur Szpilka was 20-1
4th Chris Arreola 36-4-1
5th Gerald Washington 18-0-1
6th rematch the former champ Bremane Stiverene who was 25-2-1
7th Luis Ortiz was 28-0
8th was Fury Draw
9th Dominic Breazeale 20-1
10th was rematch Luis Ortiz 31-1

Not sure what defines "Cans" but seems like he fought some decent guys?

If all boxers pad their records to start then why even mention that these guys have padded records?
Because they all have padded records? Can't claim Tyson is Ducking and padding his record against lesser fighters when they all do it. Its a boxing problem. Anyone who is a big name is Bigger then the Promotion because there is not Promotion. There is no one to make them fight the number 1 contender if the fighter is a bigger name then the ABC/WXYZ belts. That is one reason why boxing sucks.

Do you really think AJ or Usyk are chasing a fight with "Lesser Known" fighter that is super dangerous and splitting the money 50/50 when they are the champion and the big name? Jake Paul is one of the top draws in boxing FFS so its not a sport that has much to do with the best fighting the best.

Because they all have padded records? Can't claim Tyson is Ducking and padding his record against lesser fighters when they all do it. Its a boxing problem. Anyone who is a big name is Bigger then the Promotion because there is not Promotion. There is no one to make them fight the number 1 contender if the fighter is a bigger name then the ABC/WXYZ belts. That is one reason why boxing sucks.

Do you really think AJ or Usyk are chasing a fight with "Lesser Known" fighter that is super dangerous and splitting the money 50/50 when they are the champion and the big name? Jake Paul is one of the top draws in boxing FFS so its not a sport that has much to do with the best fighting the best.
I'll say it again. If they all padded their records to start their careers then there's really no point in mentioning it. But they don't. I just gave you a couple active fighters in the sport right now who are elite level and they have no padding on their records.

Now you're back to saying that they all duck. I'll name a different fighter this time. Usyk has never ducked anyone. In fact, most of his biggest fights he fought his opponents in their own backyards. Even when he was the A-side in some of these match-ups. He's the one that made the concessions rather than the B-side making them.

Jake Paul is an influencer & entertainer. A celebrity YouTube boxer. You can still be a draw without necessarily fighting the best. He's carved out his career in a niche of the market (fighting over-the-hill MMA fighters mostly). The top draws in boxing are legitimate fighters. Jake Paul isn't the biggest draw in the sport.

Fury is fighting Usyk next so we will see. What is Fury beats him and then fights AJ and wins?

Wilder won the WBC HW title and his opponent was 24-1-1
1st defense Eric Molina was 23-2
2nd defense Johan Duhaupas was 23-2
3rd defense Artur Szpilka was 20-1
4th Chris Arreola 36-4-1
5th Gerald Washington 18-0-1
6th rematch the former champ Bremane Stiverene who was 25-2-1
7th Luis Ortiz was 28-0
8th was Fury Draw
9th Dominic Breazeale 20-1
10th was rematch Luis Ortiz 31-1

Not sure what defines "Cans" but seems like he fought some decent guys?
You can’t possibly be serious questioning Joshua’s resume but go out of the way to list Wilders with his opponents records as if that’s showing anything ? Lol

That list you posted is one of the worst heavyweight title defenses of all time which is a record in itself .He’s lucky Furys around because he’s even worse . Lol

I'll say it again. If they all padded their records to start their careers then there's really no point in mentioning it. But they don't. I just gave you a couple active fighters in the sport right now who are elite level and they have no padding on their records.

Now you're back to saying that they all duck. I'll name a different fighter this time. Usyk has never ducked anyone. In fact, most of his biggest fights he fought his opponents in their own backyards. Even when he was the A-side in some of these match-ups. He's the one that made the concessions rather than the B-side making them.

Jake Paul is an influencer & entertainer. A celebrity YouTube boxer. You can still be a draw without necessarily fighting the best. He's carved out his career in a niche of the market (fighting over-the-hill MMA fighters mostly). The top draws in boxing are legitimate fighters. Jake Paul isn't the biggest draw in the sport.
I'll say it again since you said it again and missed my point. They all pad their record. I said that because it is being implied Fury is the only boxer who has ever fought lesser opponents. Its not fair to claim Tyson has a padded record and ignore that so does virtually every boxer that has a career.

Usyk is the A side but he makes the concessions? Not sure how that makes him the A side??? I'll take your word for it because as I said I am not a big boxing guy.

You can’t possibly be serious questioning Joshua’s resume but go out of the way to list Wilders with his opponents records as if that’s showing anything ? Lol

That list you posted is one of the worst heavyweight title defenses of all time which is a record in itself .He’s lucky Furys around because he’s even worse . Lol
What defines a "Can" in boxing? Apparently Wilder only fights cans and yet when WBC HW champion his opponents were sporting pretty decent records? At the time some have less losses then AJ yet some think he is the man? Seriously if you choose to respond I would like to know what defines a "Can".

I don't question AJ's resume. I am not a boxing guy and don't care all that much but out of the "Big 3" (Fury, AJ & Usyk since Wilder is apparently horrible) AJ has the most losses and Fury has far more fights. Usyk is up against Fury next and that will be interesting to see who comes out of that on top. If its Usyk then I assume there will be a rematch but I don't know if that will be the same if it is Fury???

AJ has to hope Tyson beats Usyk because if not AJ is out of the running. He could beat Fury after but will always have 2 Ls vs Usyk.

Last edited:
I'll say it again since you said it again and missed my point. They all pad their record. I said that because it is being implied Fury is the only boxer who has ever fought lesser opponents. Its not fair to claim Tyson has a padded record and ignore that so does virtually every boxer that has a career.

Usyk is the A side but he makes the concessions? Not sure how that makes him the A side??? I'll take your word for it because as I said I am not a big boxing guy.
Fury isn't the only top heavyweight that's fought lower opposition. Wilder is in the same boat. The reality is that Fury disgraced himself recently. Ducking guys, fake retirements, and recent back-to-back cherrypicks which are a form of padding (Chisora III & Ngannou). The latter almost blew up in his face. It certainly caused his stock to plummet even more and that's saying something because it had already taken a nosedive prior to that fight.

I said that Usyk has been the A-side before and still made concessions. You don't have to do this when you have more leverage than your opponent. You're already in a privileged position. The B-side typically has to make concessions (ieg., they'll take the smaller purse split, concede location/venue, fight date, etc).

We know that you're not a big boxing guy. Earlier you said the sport sucks.

Fury isn't the only top heavyweight that's fought lower opposition. Wilder is in the same boat. The reality is that Fury disgraced himself recently. Ducking guys, fake retirements, and recent back-to-back cherrypicks which are a form of padding (Chisora III & Ngannou). The latter almost blew up in his face. It certainly caused his stock to plummet even more and that's saying something because it had already taken a nosedive prior to that fight.

I said that Usyk has been the A-side before and still made concessions. You don't have to do this when you have more leverage than your opponent. You're already in a privileged position. The B-side typically has to make concessions (ieg., they'll take the smaller purse split, concede location/venue, fight date, etc).

We know that you're not a big boxing guy. Earlier you said the sport sucks.
It does suck and mainly for the reasons you stated. The fight purse negotiations, alphabet soup sanctioning bodies making up belts upon belts, padded records, ducking.

Just wondering something. If Fury is a disgrace for fighting Ngannou does that apply to AJ?

It does suck and mainly for the reasons you stated. The fight purse negotiations, alphabet soup sanctioning bodies making up belts upon belts, padded records, ducking.

Just wondering something. If Fury is a disgrace for fighting Ngannou does that apply to AJ?
It's not just that one thing with Fury. He's been jerking around other top fighters, and the fans, for a while now. You also can't believe a single word he says. The reason AJ fought Ngannou is because that's what the Saudis wanted. They requested AJ vs Ngannou with the winner (AJ) set to face whoever wins between Fury & Usyk.

What defines a "Can" in boxing? Apparently Wilder only fights cans and yet when WBC HW champion his opponents were sporting pretty decent records? At the time some have less losses then AJ yet some think he is the man? Seriously if you choose to respond I would like to know what defines a "Can".

I don't question AJ's resume. I am not a boxing guy and don't care all that much but out of the "Big 3" (Fury, AJ & Usyk since Wilder is apparently horrible) AJ has the most losses and Fury has far more fights. Usyk is up against Fury next and that will be interesting to see who comes out of that on top. If its Usyk then I assume there will be a rematch but I don't know if that will be the same if it is Fury???

AJ has to hope Tyson beats Usyk because if not AJ is out of the running. He could beat Fury after but will always have 2 Ls vs Usyk.
When you have to list Stiverne as a top 5 win you know your in trouble so I don’t have to get into it much . Lol

You asked why Ngannou was a disgrace for Fury well it’s common sense. Fury was holding a WBC belt and it wasn’t even a title fight , Ngannou was not sanctioned as a ranked fighter bc he had no pro record . If Joshua fought him as a unified champion he was he’d be crucified by the entire boxing community far worse then what Fury got . <45>

Joshua gets the winner of that fight so you don’t really make any sense he’s not out of the running .

When you have to list Stiverne as a top 5 win you know your in trouble so I don’t have to get into it much . Lol

You asked why Ngannou was a disgrace for Fury well it’s common sense. Fury was holding a WBC belt and it wasn’t even a title fight , Ngannou was not sanctioned as a ranked fighter bc he had no pro record . If Joshua fought him as a unified champion he was he’d be crucified by the entire boxing community far worse then what Fury got . <45>

Joshua gets the winner of that fight so you don’t really make any sense he’s not out of the running .
I didn't list Wilder's top 5 wins. I listed the guys he fought in title fights and their records at the time. So the guy who had the WBC title and a record of 25-2-1 is a can??? Assuming you are right that proves my point about boxing and the alphabet soup of Championship titles they have.

You still haven't told me what the definition of a "Can" in boxing is. So what is it?

I didn't list Wilder's top 5 wins. I listed the guys he fought in title fights and their records at the time. So the guy who had the WBC title and a record of 25-2-1 is a can??? Assuming you are right that proves my point about boxing and the alphabet soup of Championship titles they have.

You still haven't told me what the definition of a "Can" in boxing is. So what is it?
“Cans” are what make up the entire UFC roster, a bunch of non dynamic “strikers” who roll around on the ground and put everyone watching to sleep. Who cares who even wins honestly?

Boxing fans aren’t retards, we know the deal, and we hardly pay attn to titles or the alphabets. Just a bunch of trinket negotiating props. We as fans and in some cases practitioners of boxing know what we like and when we see two fighters we like showing us they can gradually get even better we say, “hey they are exciting and killers, they should fight!”

In MMA the promotions hand you a card and say “Damn look at this INSANE and SICK card featuring “ranked fighters” and title matches, this is gonna be so exciting dudes!!! You want this fight!” And y’all go “wow!!! Thankyou Dana for giving us the fights we want to see!!!”

And then you watch a bunch of cans do boring shit that never gets exciting. Even college wrestling is more exciting.

Okay, okay, all jk aside, here’s the scoop. Either you like boxing or you don’t! If you don’t, then don’t bother trying to figure it out, because it’s not worth learning about if you don’t give a fuck in the first place. Like trying to force yourself to be a surgeon when blood makes you vomit.

Like I certainly don’t force myself to watch MMA because I know I’m just gonna get mad at the tv again

Wilder had a lot of WBC title defenses but his reign was extremely weak. All you have to do is count the champs, former champs, and contenders he fought. Look for fighters that were actually rated at the time in the independent rankings (ieg., Ring Magazine, TBRB, etc).

Sanctioning body rankings are different. We see guys get title shots all the time but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're any good. The WBA, WBC, IBF & WBO rankings mean squat. They're only used to determine a mandatory challenger for each of those sanctioning bodies.

Back