Airport killed a puppy because of delayed flight

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Ten-month-old bearded collie cross Grizz was training to be an Aviation Security explosion detector when he escaped handlers who spent hours trying to coax him away from the runway.

Sixteen flights were delayed before airport staff told police to shoot him -- Grizz was just six months from graduation.

SAFE for Animals Ambassador Hans Kriek condemned the killing, asking why the animal wasn't tranquilized, but a spokesman for the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) said he "didn't believe" that had been an option.
Auckland Airport originally announced on their official Twitter they had captured the dog, before revealing
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/16/asia/auckland-airport-dog-shot-trnd/

I'm going to need more information. I'm inclined to think they wouldn't kill a dog they spent all this time training, and was only 6 months away from completing its training, without a good reason.

Should have let it run around and get creamed by a landing plane instead

I don't see the issue. I love animals and dogs more than most, but what were they supposed to do?

They tried to lure the dog for hours, it wouldn't come. They couldn't wall it off and try to herd it, the area was too big. They couldn't tranquilize it, they didn't have the equipment on hand and it probably wouldn't have worked anyway.

Other than closing a major airport at the cost of lots of money for a dog who they probably couldn't use afterwards anyway there's not much they could have done.

Weird, I wasn't allowed to walk with my graduating class for the same reason.

I'm going to need more information. I'm inclined to think they wouldn't kill a dog they spent all this time training, and was only 6 months away from completing its training, without a good reason.
It tasted the sweet air of freedom for the first time. No going back to sniffing luggage after that.

This was posted before when it happened. They should shoot the handlers that lost him.

It tasted the sweet air of freedom for the first time. No going back to sniffing luggage after that.
What they aren't saying is that this was the Jason Bourne of dogs and it knew too much.

Damn motherfuckers never head of tranquilizer darts ? just cap fido in the ass and to sleep right of the bat and all is well.

i love dogs, i talk about it all the time, but if they spent HOURS trying to wrangle it and couldnt do it... if they didnt have a tranquilizer on hand, they didnt really have a choice

they cant shut the airport down for a day over a dog

This... sounds fishy...

tranquilizers dont work like the movies also, its not like you just have a gun where you shoot something and it immediately falls down asleep

they would have to mix the solutions (you have to adjust for species and weight, and it goes bad when mixed, so you have to do a fresh one for each shot), then you shoot it. but it doesnt just fall down asleep, they freak out from being shot and run away for 20 minutes or so until slowing down and sleeping

if the dog was in an area where they couldnt afford to have a freaked out dog running around for 20 minutes, tranquilizers werent a choice

tranquilizers dont work like the movies also, its not like you just have a gun where you shoot something and it immediately falls down asleep

they would have to mix the solutions (you have to adjust for species and weight, and it goes bad when mixed, so you have to do a fresh one for each shot), then you shoot it. but it doesnt just fall down asleep, they freak out from being shot and run away for 20 minutes or so until slowing down and sleeping

if the dog was in an area where they couldnt afford to have a freaked out dog running around for 20 minutes, tranquilizers werent a choice
There are weird dog people out there who won't be satisfied with this reasoning. They'd probably shut down the airport for a week just to get the dog back unharmed and if the dog got a thorn in its paw from running around, they'd probably execute the handlers.

That is horrible, but a single dog cannot hold up an entire airport full of people who need to get where they are going.

What if there was life-saving medicine on one of these planes? People needing to get treatment somewhere for a serious health problem? People needing to see their dying family members before their last breath??

It really does suck, but sometimes the greater good comes first. Heartbreaking though.

There are weird dog people out there who won't be satisfied with this reasoning. They'd probably shut down the airport for a week just to get the dog back unharmed and if the dog got a thorn in its paw from running around, they'd probably execute the handlers.
Dogs are dumb as fuck. You can own the biggest dogs there are. Not allowed to have the biggest cats because they will murder your ass. Cats > dogs all day. There's a reason why girls love dogs....they're equally retarded.

Dogs are dumb as fuck. You can own the biggest dogs there are. Not allowed to have the biggest cats because they will murder your ass. Cats > dogs all day. There's a reason why girls love dogs....they're equally retarded.

you cant own big cats because they dont have the mental capacity to be trained

you can own savannah cats which are the size of some dogs, because they are bred to be trainable
6f0470849dab8287626635bd628555dc.jpg

horses could fuck you up too, and are bigger than both but you can have one because theyre capable of training

Well now it is a great time to make soup out of the pup

[smull1]

Back