Agree or disagree?: Frankie Edgar is top 10 GOAT in MMA.

If you want to say Frankie was one of the top 10 in MMA in from 2010-2011 I'm onboard. However, even during that run, the best of his career, he had a very close decision with Penn, a draw with Grey and was almost stopped in the first round of the rematch.
Anyone who scored that fight as a draw or for Maynard, had to have been drunk. Frankie spanked that boy twice. And Penn was one of the GOATS at the time. Frankie was just coming into his prime. And smashed him in the rematch, answering all questions.

By consistent wins I mean beating the best fighter in the division at the time. He lost twice to Bendo and twice to Aldo, avenged his loss to prime Maynard with whom he is 1-1-1. He is out of his prime right now and was recently KO'd by a prime fighter in Brian.

I actually have years of experience in boxing and train in MMA, but you're wrong in that this is MMA, not boxing, and while his boxing his good, he never had the power and speed at FW to beat the best at stand up.
Besides him being knocked out by Ortega recently, the only person to really beat Edgar was Aldo IMO. Especially in the second fight. But Aldo is also tip 10 GOAT, arguably top 5. Did you really score that first championship bout against Grey Maynard as a draw???? C,mooooon!!!! And those fights against Henderson were toss ups for me. I feel Frankie was snubbed in the rematch because Dana wanted him to challenge at 145.

Easily

He usually makes my top 5 tbh
He's a savage

Can't believe Couture doesn't make anyone's top 10, 3x HW champ 2x LHW Champ. Got Edgar in top 15 for sure.

LMAO at FW Edgar dominating one of the strongest WWs in history. Hughes would toss Edgar around.
Correction. One of the strongest WWs of HIS time. Besides strength alone doesn't win fights. And Frankie Edgar is better everywhere.

Frankie wins by superior striking, footwork, angles, speed, and some of the best takedown defense we've seen in MMA. How the hell does Matt Hughes beat Edgar???

1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Cormier
4. Anderson
5. Fedor
6. Aldo
7. Hendo
8. Cruz
9. DJ
10. Edgar
11. Penn
12. Hughes
13. Big Nog
14. Crocop
15. Shogun
16. Rampage
17. Couture
18. Dillashaw
19. Woodley
20. Franklin
21. Miocic
22. Liddell
23. Wanderlei

Last edited:
ask a new school ufc fan what the top 10 GOATS are:

Connie
Connie
Connie
Connie
Connie
Connie
Connie
Connie
Connie
Rhonda

An I honestly think the UFC would be sweet with this thinking.

He’s not quite finished yet, so let’s see.

Imo, cursory glance I’d say yes. Lower end.

If you want to say Frankie was one of the top 10 in MMA in from 2010-2011 I'm onboard. However, even during that run, the best of his career, he had a very close decision with Penn, a draw with Grey and was almost stopped in the first round of the rematch.
To be fair he was closer to being finished in the first round of the second fight (draw somehow) then he was in the 3rd one.

1. GSP
2. Jones
3. Cormier
4. Anderson
5. Fedor
6. Aldo
7. Hendo
8. Cruz
9. DJ
10. Edgar
11. Penn
12. Hughes
13. Big Nog
14. Dillashaw
15. Woodley
16. Shogun
17. Rampage
18. Franklin
19. Miocic
20. Liddell
20. Wanderlei
Dillashaw and Woodley above Wand, Shogun, Rampage, and Liddell is hilarious.

Cruz top 10 over Big Nog and BJ... lol

Cormier over Fedor... Lmao

Fedor not #1... lol

Franklin, Dillashaw, Woodley, and Stipe on the list over Cro Cop, Werdum, Gomi, and Faber... your list sucks

He's my favorite fighter of all time, best win was dethroning BJ, but otherwise he has never had the talent to be consistent against the best of the best.

So I'd say he is out of the top 10, but definitely top 20.

Legacy wise top10 GOAT? Probably not. P4P? Easily, might be even top5. We are talking about a fighter who could have fought at BW his whole career.

Dillashaw and Woodley above Wand, Shogun, Rampage, and Liddell is hilarious.

Cruz top 10 over Big Nog and BJ... lol

Cormier over Fedor... Lmao

Fedor not #1... lol

Franklin, Dillashaw, Woodley, and Stipe on the list over Cro Cop, Werdum, Gomi, and Faber... your list sucks

I’m taking recommendations. I’ll probably edit it to include Crocop, Faber (maybe) and Couture.

Also, fuck off.

I have him in my top ten, but barley, and I'm a huge fan. He's definitely a fighter that deserves to be remembered and studied by the new generations.

Also, he's not done collecting top ten wins yet. His resume will look amazing when he's done.

A case could be made, but for me he’s in that 10-20 range.

Anderson
GSP
Fedor
Jones
Aldo
Hendo
Mighty Mouse
Shogun
DC
Cruz

All ahead of Frankie imo, and you can make a case for a few others too.

Legacy wise top10 GOAT? Probably not. P4P? Easily, might be even top5. We are talking about a fighter who could have fought at BW his whole career.
I'm definitely putting more weight on skill set and effectiveness over "legacy" assuming you mean hype and holding the belt. My prime example as having Edgar in my top 10 and not Matt Hughes or Chuck Liddell.

Back