AG Has he improved enough to be champ? Is he the only one with real chances of beating Jones and DC?

He is the only one I can see beating either of them. LHW feels like a 3 man weight class at this point with 1 of them nearing retirement and the other always an inch from jail. Gus considered retirement in the past he would be stupid if he did, in a year from now he will be the only one that can give Jones a challenge.

Gus has the tools to hang with the best, but it's tough when guys like Jones and DC hanging out at the top. The position Gus put Jones in with their fight was pretty amazing, even though I think Jones clearly won it. It did also show why Jones is one the greatest ever.

With how easily fighters can reach a turning point in their career, we have to see if the old Jones will be back or will this be his downfall of his career.

He is a good fighter and will always be up there, but I don't se him winning and holding onto a belt.

Which is fair, I even agree, but don't say "get over your great white hope" and try to make it about race, when people are just trying to find points of interest outside the two champs dominating the division. We need guys like Gus in order to keep the division relevant, nothing to do with TS crying for a white champ.

Had to click on the thread to find out who the fuck AG was . just say Gus you fucking loser

I don't know if Gus is that much better to beat Jones. He has more than a punchers chance, no doubt, but, as another poster said, the intangibles to beat Jones aren't there. Frankly, I don't even know what those are.

First of all I´d like to say that Gustafsson sure looked great in his last fight, but how much do you guys think this eyepoke interfered in the outcome?
ImpossibleDopeyBats-size_restricted.gif
I think it interfered a lot. But again, he looked amazing and his striking was deadly.

Now back to the point: Jones and DC

Against DC: this knee was the closest to being finished Cormier has ever been in his mma career. Worse than Rumble's shot in their 1st fight. Worse than 5 rounds with Jones.
sGpFwmv.gif

But staying in the clinch eating uppercuts like a retard instead of keeping his distance and using his range wasn´t the smartest strategy... and it cost Gus the fight.
HideousRepentantGartersnake.gif

Against Jones: the champ was losing a close fight before he landed that perfectly well timed elbow.
Jone-Jones-FOT-Alexander-Gustafsson.gif
bones-spinning-slbow.gif

But now after Jon's "disappointing" last performance, some people feel Gustafsson (who's been active) has made more improvements than Jon (who's been out) and would outstrike him in a rematch.
giphy.gif

So the question is, do you feel Gustafsson has improved enough to be the LHW champ? Is he the only one at LHW with real chances of beating Jones and DC?

Thoughts?
Claiming AG is active invalidates your post IMO.
The dude fights once a year....

I think he would beat DC in a rematch, not Jones though.

Back