Adesanya just cracked the Top 10 all time

I wonder what the folks who say "Izzy puts on boring fights" are at now?

Ive been talking a lot of shit today as an Izzy fan

But I don't know yet, his ground game is still too weak for top 10 imo

With his losses, close decisions, and boring fights I probably have him in the lower end of my top 20 all time.

But he is probably a top 3 MW.

lmao, here he is, showing his face

What did I repeatedly tell you over and over kid? That without a ref or a bell to save him, Alex is losing

His losses... lmao, lost to periera and the very end in an epic 5 round fight, and lost to Jan, who he fought massively undersized.

Stay the way you are please

Ive been talking a lot of shit today as an Izzy fan

But I don't know yet, his ground game is still too weak for top 10 imo

his ground game? Rob Whitaker had his back, he stayed clam, got up (with rob on his back) walked across the cage and calmy shook him off.

You probably been on this forum too long and hence your understanding of the sport has seriously dilapidated. Izzy has a great defensive ground game. Did you forget also Marvin had his back, he stayed calm end reversed the position.

He doesn't need a great offensive ground game, he just needs to get back to his feet.

Its still amazing to me how bad the takes on this forum are. They ignore fact.

Anderson was peak Anderson when he was wining right? but not when he was losing

You can't cherry pick, he was found pissing hot multiple times and was on a 6 fight loss streak at the end. You count his highlight reel wins when he baits with hands down chin out? then also count when it back fired. Count his 6 fight skid.

Also who's the best guy he fought? Vitor? Chael? Leben? Maia? None of them are as good as Whitaker, let alone Periera.

I think you're easily fooled by the highlight reel KO's, that you ignore the losses, the pissing hot, the quality of opposition.

The real MW goat won tonight.
You realize age and fight miles are a real thing right?

Anderson beat TRT Vitor, Hendo, Franklin 2x, Chael, Maia, Leites, Bonnar, Forrest….. say what you want but those are some quality fucking wins during his prime. Also yes he pissed hot after he had his leg snapped in half…. He also has the most title wins in MW history and is the type of warrior that moves up post prime to fight DC on 2 days notice to save an event. He is the undisputed Goat at MW and it isn’t close. Hats off to Izzy but he’s not on the same level.

What did I repeatedly tell you over and over kid? That without a ref or a bell to save him, Alex is losing

His losses... lmao, lost to periera and the very end in an epic 5 round fight, and lost to Jan, who he fought massively undersized.

I've started a thread congratulating Israel.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...to-israel-on-that-win.4286732/#post-170867282

No ill will towards him at all but all time GOAT talk is just hyperbolic nonsense based on recency bias.

Tier 1: Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Fedor Emelienenko, Georges St. Pierre

Tier 2: Jose Aldo, Mighty Mouse

Tier 3: Matt Hughes, Dominick Cruz, ISRAEL ADESANYA

Adesanya is now a 2x UFC MW Champion with 5 title defenses. He has 7 overall titles and 10 Top 10 wins. On top of that he just crashed Sherdog.

There are alot of overhyped, flash in pan fighters that get a quick 15 minutes of GOAT status before quickly being forgotten. Israel is not one of those. He is a true ALL TIME GREAT Top 10 fighter. He has the skills, he has the titles, he has the resume. Lets give it up for the Stylebender, the GREAT Israel Adesanya!!

fd156adde0ce70b6871aa2f165e9ab72.gif
By besting a guy who is only known for beating him.getba grip

his ground game? Rob Whitaker had his back, he stayed clam, got up (with rob on his back) walked across the cage and calmy shook him off.

You probably been on this forum too long and hence your understanding of the sport has seriously dilapidated. Izzy has a great defensive ground game. Did you forget also Marvin had his back, he stayed calm end reversed the position.

He doesn't need a great offensive ground game, he just needs to get back to his feet.

Its still amazing to me how bad the takes on this forum are. They ignore fact.

That why when he had the kickboxer with only 7 fights in mount he couldn't finish

My brother in Christ use your brain before trying to act smart on Sherdog.

Defensively he's great, but if you were to ask him to implement an offensive ground game he couldn't even take out a gassed Alex.

talking about "too long" you 07 havin' ass

Go jerk off to some pride videos or something

No chance. The list of fighters he has beaten are terrible. Costa, vettori, cannonier, hardly world class

He has a solid run, but his losing record against Alex and Jan are going to be hard to overcome in the big picture

He has a solid run, but his losing record against Alex and Jan are going to be hard to overcome in the big picture

I don't think it will be that hard to overcome. Most great fighters suffer a loss or two

Izzy is closer to passing Anderson Silva all-time at MW than any WW has come to surpassing GSP at WW.

Real talk.

Izzy is closer to passing Anderson Silva all-time at MW than any WW has come to surpassing GSP at WW.

Real talk.

He's really not that close. Anderson has twice the amount of title defenses and 7 more top 10 wins.

Adesayna and Hughes are neck and neck.

Not a chance, he’ll be forgotten about in a few years. He got a lucky Hail Mary punch last night that’s all.

Last edited:

I hate the undersized argument so much. So anyone who goes up and challenges for the belt in the class above has a built in excuse no matter what. It's win win for the fighter going up. Doesn't risk his belt and has an excuse when he loses. If izzy thought the size was too much he wouldn't have taken the fight. Jan beat him, fair and square, no excuses about size

I think it’s reasonable to have him in there he’s top 15 at the worst

He's neck to neck with Anderson as the best 185 champ, but his era has been weak.

Back