Adesanya just cracked the Top 10 all time

OneOfOne

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Tier 1: Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Fedor Emelienenko, Georges St. Pierre

Tier 2: Jose Aldo, Mighty Mouse

Tier 3: Matt Hughes, Dominick Cruz, ISRAEL ADESANYA

Adesanya is now a 2x UFC MW Champion with 5 title defenses. He has 7 overall titles and 10 Top 10 wins. On top of that he just crashed Sherdog.

There are alot of overhyped, flash in pan fighters that get a quick 15 minutes of GOAT status before quickly being forgotten. Israel is not one of those. He is a true ALL TIME GREAT Top 10 fighter. He has the skills, he has the titles, he has the resume. Lets give it up for the Stylebender, the GREAT Israel Adesanya!!

fd156adde0ce70b6871aa2f165e9ab72.gif

Tier 1: Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Fedor Emelienenko, Georges St. Pierre

Tier 2: Jose Aldo, Mighty Mouse

Tier 3: Matt Hughes, Dominick Cruz, ISRAEL ADESANYA

Adesanya is now a 2x UFC MW Champion with 5 title defenses. He has 7 overall titles and 10 Top 10 wins. On top of that he just crashed Sherdog.

There are alot of overhyped, flash in pan fighters that get a quick 15 minutes of GOAT status before quickly being forgotten. Israel is not one of those. He is a true ALL TIME GREAT Top 10 fighter. He has the skills, he has the titles, he has the resume. Lets give it up for the Stylebender, the GREAT Israel Adesanya!!

fd156adde0ce70b6871aa2f165e9ab72.gif
<mma4>

He's definitely one of the better champions. Lots of title defenses, very active and didn't duck anyone. Sure, he put up a couple of stinkers but who didn't. He may even have a legit claim to move up to tier 2 in your rankings

hard to come back like he did, but you could fucking tell from all the prefight bs, he was fucking ready. he was confident. people here were saying "omg why is he saying that lol, does he not know he's down 4-0 lolz.." it's like dude, he needed to say that, needed to have that level of self belief, and look at him now. dog collar izzy, best izzy. glad he got his victory like that. people here silent.

<DontBelieve1>

Disagree.

He's an all time great MW but I would never put him anywhere near overall GOAT with 2 decisive losses at his peak to Alex and Jan.

He also arguably lost to Whitaker (2nd fight) and Romero.

Even took serious damage against Gastelum. He'll need to do a lot more.

Last edited:
Blachowicz gatekept him from Spider-status but he gained some of it back with this win. At this point in MMA, he needs to get some wins at LHW to be considered in those top tiers. Let's see how he continues his career. It's far from over and he's had some fantastic finishes.

Very impressive getting revenge on a guy that's stopped you twice and beat you 3 times. Shows how mentally tough the dude is.. His accomplishments are impossible to deny.. 1st ballot HOFmer

Disagree.

He's an all time great MW but I would never put him anywhere near overall GOAT with 2 decisive losses at his peak.

Maybe if he wins the trilogy against Alex and then goes up and wins a title at LHW.

Anderson was peak Anderson when he was wining right? but not when he was losing

You can't cherry pick, he was found pissing hot multiple times and was on a 6 fight loss streak at the end. You count his highlight reel wins when he baits with hands down chin out? then also count when it back fired. Count his 6 fight skid.

Also who's the best guy he fought? Vitor? Chael? Leben? Maia? None of them are as good as Whitaker, let alone Periera.

I think you're easily fooled by the highlight reel KO's, that you ignore the losses, the pissing hot, the quality of opposition.

The real MW goat won tonight.

Last edited:
<mma4>

He's definitely one of the better champions. Lots of title defenses, very active and didn't duck anyone. Sure, he put up a couple of stinkers but who didn't. He may even have a legit claim to move up to tier 2 in your rankings

Well I do think he is a few wins away from that 2nd tier. Just to put it in perspective...

Aldo has 16 Top 10 wins and 10 title wins. Mighty Mouse has 13 Top 10 Wins and 12 title wins.

But...Adesanya is in a position to move up into that tier after a few more wins.

Anderson was peak Anderson when he was wining right? but not when he was losing

You can't cherry pick, he was found pissing hot multiple times and was on a 6 fight win streak. You count his highlight reel wins when he baits with hands down chin out? then also count when it back fired. Count his 6 fight skid.

Also who's the best guy he fought? Vitor? Chael? Leben? Maia? None of them are as good as Whitaker, let alone Periera.

I think you're easily fooled by the highlight reel KO's, that you ignore the losses, the pissing hot, the quality of opposition.

The real MW goat won tonight.

Lets not get carried away. He's not Anddrson Silva. Whitaker is a good fighter but he's not better than Hendo or Vitor. Niether is Pierera. If Israel is the true MW GOAT then he'll prove it in the next few years.

But with that said he's an all time great and officially in the top 10 all time.

I don't like Izzy but this was super impressive. Extremely strong mentally to do this. Very rare in combat sports.

One of the most active UFC champs of all time, that alone he's one of the best to do it

Does Tito get to be top 10 for avenging his losses to Chuck?

<{Joewithit}>

<DontBelieve1>

Disagree.

He's an all time great MW but I would never put him anywhere near overall GOAT with 2 decisive losses at his peak to Alex and Jan.

He also arguably lost to Whitaker (2nd fight) and Romero.

Even took serious damage against Gastelum. He'll need to do a lot more.

You dont know anything about mma

With his losses, close decisions, and boring fights I probably have him in the lower end of my top 20 all time.

But he is probably a top 3 MW.

His game is not very well rounded though and he's gotten avoid not having to face great grapplers in the MW wasteland.

Last edited:
Back