According to Ariel Helwani, Gegard Mousasi's contract is resolved.

It seems to me the UFC is picking and choosing. They will pay for some people but they aren't going to over pay for someone. Around that time Rory also had a fight in Canada that he was the main event. If I had to guess the UFC didn't do well enough to see a reason to invest so much into Rory.

If Rory would have done amazing in Canada they probably would have fought to keep him just for that reason.

That & even more-so is Bellator has to pick & choose who they bid for.
A guy like Sterling never received a bid from Coker, so he signed for less than he hoped with UFC.
A decent amount of Bellators signings did not do that great. That hurts the possibility of other signings.
Coker does not have an open purse. This is not Strikeforce. Viacom is pretty stingy

That I get & props for being honest.

TBH ... I thought the Canada thing would keep him in UFC, but I have no idea what UFC thought he was worth & why.
Just not the same that he's in Bellator. But it's his life. As long as he can stay motivated to fight and to improve, and as long as he's satisfied with his contract, that's what matters.

It sucks for me as a fan that he's in Bellator though. Hoping tonight's fight changes my mind.

Last edited:
That & even more-so is Bellator has to pick & choose who they bid for.
A guy like Sterling never received a bid from Coker, so he signed for less than he hoped with UFC.
A decent amount of Bellators signings did not do that great. That hurts the possibility of other signings.
Coker does not have an open purse. This is not Strikeforce. Viacom is pretty stingy

A good point Bellator can't just bid on every single guy that goes out of contract. Especially with Viacom having it's own financial issues lately.

A good point Bellator can't just bid on every single guy that goes out of contract. Especially with Viacom having it's own financial issues lately.

That is why I kidded in my first post ITT.
I see dozens of "Bellator will take all the free agents & surpass UFC" post.

Here is the truth:
  • Spike TV is a low-rated cable network that lost reach recently.
  • Spike TV airs BFC on the two lowest rated TV nights (Fri & Sat)
  • They are cheap programming for a smaller network.
  • Viacom is not in the MMA game. They don't care about MMA. They want cheap programming for a cheap station.

But but but BELLATOR!!!!

;)

Kidding aside, good for him & UFC

Given the state of the weight classes title; i'm a bit surprised they managed to lock up Jacare and Gegard. Figured one of the two would bolt given the title uncertainty and their previous history with Coker.

Mousasi > Whittaker

Should be mousasi vs romero for i belt
but didn't Mousasi lose to Uriah and Jacare, both guys lost to Whittaker decisively. However i like Mousasi vs Romero better too.

Mousasi > Whittaker

Should be mousasi vs romero for i belt

7 fight win streak vs 6.

#2 ranked win vs Jacare vs #5 ranked win against Weidman.

Whittaker destroyed Jacare, Jacare destroyed Mousasi.

Putting Mousasi above Whittaker means you're either biased or stupid.

inb4 omg he beats Mark Hunt

pleasantly surprised.

Kaz, for months now you've been doing the relatively thankless job of posting all the most recent news with appropriate tweets, links and text. at first the bold text annoyed me, but i eventually got used to it :)

thank you and keep up the good work.

tumblr_n5dengped51s5f67jo1_500.gif

Thanks bro!

But but but BELLATOR!!!!

;)

Kidding aside, good for him & UFC

My prediction might come true after all. Unless this is all showmanship to get people talking. Getting passed by Whittaker possibly caused him to rethink his choice?

7 fight win streak vs 6.

#2 ranked win vs Jacare vs #5 ranked win against Weidman.

Whittaker destroyed Jacare, Jacare destroyed Mousasi.

Putting Mousasi above Whittaker means you're either biased or stupid.

inb4 omg he beats Mark Hunt

MMA math???

You don't understand what MMA math is kiddo.

I'm describing a far more impressive run by Whittaker, which puts him ahead of Mousasi for the belt.
Whittaker got a really bad match up in romero, moose was smart by not getting too far up the ladder :D its all a master plan.

I hope they ban him again so we get another hour of tears

Great news. Him and Rockhold will be a very interesting fight. Winner has to get the Bisping-Romero/Whittaker winner. MW might just be the most interesting division right now.

Back