Absolver

Eazy123

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Anyone playing this? I'm actually liking it so far. Sort of a quasi-MMO (in the Dark Souls sense) martial arts game where you learn new moves by dueling others.

You can even start your own martial arts school and train others once you get far enough. It looks boring but I've been watching it since the announce last year and for $30 it's not bad.

Last edited:
I've been playing it and it's phenomenal. Deep combat, way deeper than the simple control scheme indicates. I've had a number of really back and forth battles that went really well, and then subsequently not so well. I'm really digging it.

I just got it but have only played for a couple of hours, and just PVE. Still trying to figure out the controls and mechanics.

Combat is really deep which I knew but the biggest surprise is probably stamina management is harder than it looks. It's so easy to run out and that makes the game slower and more deliberate than I expected. That's not a bad thing but it's going to take a while to get used to it. I was expecting DS3 but this feels more like DS2.

I was seriously considering getting this then I watched some streams where people were beating up henchmen and it seemed pretty dull tbh.

I still might pick it up on the weekend tbh I need a break from poe.

Got it on PS4 and instantly wished I got it for PC after. Frame rate hiccups are pretty bad when entering new zones and when other human players are loading in. I've beaten 3 marked ones so far but still haven't figured out how to efficiently arrange my combat deck and combos.

Got it on PS4 and instantly wished I got it for PC after. Frame rate hiccups are pretty bad when entering new zones and when other human players are loading in. I've beaten 3 marked ones so far but still haven't figured out how to efficiently arrange my combat deck and combos.

Yeah I'm trying to figure that out too. Must have spent an hour trying to find the marked one I needed to kill, only to cheese him off the ledge he was near. This IS Dark souls lol

Yeah I read Slocap's statement acknowledging the PS4 version has some server issues at the moment unfortunately. They're a small team but I'm sure they'll get it fixed shortly.

I ended up getting the PC version after I read PS4 was capped at 30fps. Performance on PC is pretty good but it has crashed to desktop once already and I wasn't even online.

Yeah I'm trying to figure that out too. Must have spent an hour trying to find the marked one I needed to kill, only to cheese him off the ledge he was near. This IS Dark souls lol
OMG the ledges. I would support a gaming wide ban on gravity. I've had my fill already.

I played the beta and really enjoyed it but I'm trying to finish up some other games before I pick it up. I will definitely be getting it though. Glad to see all the good reviews it's been getting.

What style you running?

Played the beta and quite liked the combat. Definitely not your standard MMO bollocks.

Having a bit of buyer's remorse with this one. I can see it getting really stale soon.

Just became an Absolver, beat Jinn Mesca, and joined the Stagger school. Having windfall stance with drunken moves is funny, it confuses the shit out of people because I can still avoid.

Having a bit of buyer's remorse with this one. I can see it getting really stale soon.

The PVP is the bread and butter, if you're not enamored with it right out the gate, this might not be the right one. They're planning on adding 3v3 fights and dungeons down the road, but the backbone is the combat. It helps to think of it as a fighting game with rpg elements instead of vice versa.

Eh. I dont know. I'm interested but I am reading some bad stuff about playing this game outside of the US, lack of EU servers and such. Not sure now.

Is this better played with controller or keyboard on PC?

Eh. I dont know. I'm interested but I am reading some bad stuff about playing this game outside of the US, lack of EU servers and such. Not sure now.

Is this better played with controller or keyboard on PC?
Pretty sure they recommend controller. I haven't played that much yet but the button configuration on controller makes sense and seems fairly intuitive.

I pre-ordered it.

I think the combat system is excellent.

But, there's 3 major flaws I'm finding in the game.

1) The camera is absolutely horrid. Some of the camera angles I get stuck in are unplayable. Being backed into a corner often means losing a fight.

2) The environments look pretty, but they are not well thought out for the gameplay. Too many obstacles to get stuck on, too many edges to fall off. Fighting on bridges or in hallways or other small areas is just frustrating due to the camera and not being able to use proper movement. If you're fighting on stairs or another uneven area, your strikes miss just because

3) Enemies limited to their area. Try to lead an enemy to a more open space to fight them just results in them turning around and running away. So annoying. Even in the middle of a fight, they'll just randomly run away. So you have to walk back to their area and lead them away again. This happens multiple times during a fight, unless you fight them right where they are positioned.

Pretty sure they recommend controller. I haven't played that much yet but the button configuration on controller makes sense and seems fairly intuitive.
Yeah, been playing for a bit now. Works well, combat is great.

Not sure how long I'd play it, but for now it works well and is quite fun.

What style do you guys like best?

Yeah, been playing for a bit now. Works well, combat is great.

Not sure how long I'd play it, but for now it works well and is quite fun.

What style do you guys like best?
Windfall, easily. I'm so used to Dark Souls with dodging that it feels most familiar

Servers are down on PC and have been all day. They've been pretty iffy since launch. Looks like people are requesting refunds because of it, judging by the Steam forums.

Here's a map:
https://www.reddit.com/r/absolver/comments/6x05z6/rudimentary_map_for_hopefully_better_navigation/
nje7fprmfwiz.png

I've had a hell of a time navigating without it for some reason. The entire game is basically a maze.

I like the combat system but there is so much wrong with the game. Some people have been getting double marked ones (2 at a time), myself included. I've encountered a lot of things in the game where I don't know if it's intentional or if it's a bug.

Sometimes when I'm fighting a group of enemies, they'll run back to their area, which is just a few feet away, and they'll suddenly regain full health right in front of me. I don't know if it's a bug or what. I certainly don't see them heal themselves.

Also not sure how the game is supposed to play. When I die and respawn, which happens a lot, everyone else respawns in the game too despite having beaten them. Am I supposed to have a perfect run through a level? I really don't understand? I'll encounter a tough enemy which takes a lot of attempts to beat, and each time I die, I end up just running past everyone else in the game that has respawned as well. I don't understand what's expected.

Back