About to live on my own for the first time...

working for CSC going to Edmonton.

Gonna be a bull? Enjoy Deadmonton lol. I have lot's of peeps who work with the CSC. Don't be a Bennett...

giphy.gif

make friends with your neighbors... be teh cool dude willing to ensure everybody is good.... you got a house and throw a party, buy them a bottle and give them an invite. even if they're a different age, let them in, introduce them like your best pals and be the dude. they'll have your back always and let shit slide. chances are, they'll hang for 20 min, feel great for getting a party invite, and head off to bed.

Last edited:
no different if you have an apartment but a bit trickier up and down... basically, you present yourself as the mature adult. real dudes will respec and you'll idnetify and undercut the dickheads

Much easier to meet new people in an apartment complex than a house...IMO.

When I've relocated like that, i would get an apartment for the minimum lease (6 mos or one year), make some connections, learn the lay of the land, and then look to upgrade if desired.

But as a young, single guy, I always had much more fun in an apartment.

There's a nice set of apartments 5 minutes from White Ave with a nice view of downtown across the river where my brother used to live.

Just remember to leave White Ave before 9, that's when all the angry assholes who failed to get laid show up.

crap, im going to have to clean the bathroom.
didnt think about that.

If you can afford it, get a cleaner once or twice a week for an hour. Have them on all the shot you don't want to. It's a quality of life thing.

Stay on top of all bills and chores. Join clubs to make friends out of work.

Just wanted to say the drunk, sobbing "FUCK YOU" guy was at it again last night. For 20-30 minutes somewhere after 2 and before 5. Didn't check the time because I work this morning.

Wanted to scream "FUCK YOU TOO BUDDY" really badly.

Be very careful about your budget and don't start this phase of your life by living out of your means. The foundation you build now will either set you up properly or cause you long-term problems.

Research, start small, and make logical decisions.

Best of luck!

Back