About Jon Jones, cocaine and creatine.

Rvd Slmr

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It's the big rumor, Jon Jones last failed test may be explained by him taking cocaine that was cut with tainted Chinese creatine. Seems pretty far fetched, but Joe Rogan constantly brings that up. So, two things : is cocaine actually cut with creatine and is it a crappy Chinese version of it?

First, creatine is one of the cheapest supplements and I'm really not sure it's worth it to pay extra postage to get a counterfeit version from overseas. Here are 3 pounds of good creatine for 40 bucks at GNC, imagine what amount and worth of cocaine you can cut with that... As, AFAIK, turinabol doesn't have any legal production, a tainted creatine would need to come from a hardcore underground lab, not just from a negligent factory.

screen%20shot%202016-10-12%20at%203.01.01%20pm.png

I then tried to find data about how often creatine is used to cut cocaine, and not just rely on internet hearsay. I found a British study that listed what was found in seized cocaine : out of 214 samples from British customs, none contained creatine. Out of 459 samples seized by the police, 46 had creatine (10%). We can say that cocaine can get cut with creatine, but only once it reaches the local markets, meaning it's most likely to get cut with a normal OTC product.

The creatine excuse seems pretty unlikely to me. Lots of you will say "duh, of course it's bullshit", but I tried to gather some facts about that possibility. Also, IIRC, that rumor was never publicly issued by Jones' defense, though they could have discretely spread it to popular MMA figures like Joe Rogan.

Lol alot of hate towards the GOAT in this thread.

Is normal, he still smashed all of your favorite heros.

download (1).jpg

download.jpg

The pregnant woman’s child was illegitimate too. If that doesn’t prove he’s, you should find another sport to watch. Dumb haters.

it's fascinating to me how quickly Rogan went from "we don't know" --> "Jeff Novitsky told me it's fishy" --> "hey maybe his coke was cut with it" --> "yep, i'm pretty sure he was still doing blow and his coke was cut with it".

No wonder he and Alex Jones are friends.

hopefully sherdoggers can differentiate between a rumor that has actual origins of foundation that may or may not be true, to a rumor like this that was just made up and an opinion.

The large majority of Cocaine is cut with creatine, and 1 specific type is used the most as it mixes very well.

The reason creatine is used is because governments cracked down on the importation of benzocaine as they knew what it was being used for and thought it would hurt the dealers pockets.

Due to this clampdown, the majority of dealers started using creatine as it is a relatively inert white powder and readily available anywhere.

They also changed the law so basically getting caught with benzocaine was seen the same as being caught with cocaine. So again not having to take the risks of having and storing lots of benzocaine makes creatine a good choice for mixing with the cocaine.

Jacked on roids, eye poking, cheating Jon Jones isn't and will never be the GOAT.

No you're right.

Needing to cheat with vaseline to beat smaller fighters, leaving as soon as NSAC starts enhanced random testing, and not being able to finish an opponent in your weight class in 11 years, is GOAT material.....LOL!

It's the big rumor, Jon Jones last failed test may be explained by him taking cocaine that was cut with tainted Chinese creatine. Seems pretty far fetched, but Joe Rogan constantly brings that up. So, two things : is cocaine actually cut with creatine and is it a crappy Chinese version of it?

First, creatine is one of the cheapest supplements and I'm really not sure it's worth it to pay extra postage to get a counterfeit version from overseas. Here are 3 pounds of good creatine for 40 bucks at GNC, imagine what amount and worth of cocaine you can cut with that... As, AFAIK, turinabol doesn't have any legal production, a tainted creatine would need to come from a hardcore underground lab, not just from a negligent factory.

screen%20shot%202016-10-12%20at%203.01.01%20pm.png

I then tried to find data about how often creatine is used to cut cocaine, and not just rely on internet hearsay. I found a British study that listed what was found in seized cocaine : out of 214 samples from British customs, none contained creatine. Out of 459 samples seized by the police, 46 had creatine (10%). We can say that cocaine can get cut with creatine, but only once it reaches the local markets, meaning it's most likely to get cut with a normal OTC product.

The creatine excuse seems pretty unlikely to me. Lots of you will say "duh, of course it's bullshit", but I tried to gather some facts about that possibility. Also, IIRC, that rumor was never publicly issued by Jones' defense, though they could have discretely spread it to popular MMA figures like Joe Rogan.
and how much creatine is contaminated with steroids lol, it's a shitty excuse, no way he got that PED or whatever it was from tainted coke+creatine
especially not if you consider he got caught right before this

Back