Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in his prison cell

The news here in Australia is saying he had a secret boyfriend which could of been a factor in him killing his friend and also had a prison lover he wrote a suicide note to. Also the family has requested the brain be examined for possible CTE

The news here in Australia is saying he had a secret boyfriend which could of been a factor in him killing his friend and also had a prison lover he wrote a suicide note to. Also the family has requested the brain be examined for possible CTE

Well, it is pretty true that playing Football has a high correlation to being romosexual

Suicide aint easy,that shit is hard. It goes against all your natural instincts. Thats why he put the soap all over the floor so he wouldnt chicken out

It's easier than doing life.

You're the second person to mention wanting monsters to suffer for their crimes somehow makes me a bad person. At least explain why. It's a pretty normal human emotional response to murderous psychopaths.

Agreed. We wish for those who did grievous harm onto society to share in the suffering. Is normal.

Brady is a dreamboat

By all means, if I wasn't a manlet, I would have tried to succeed in football, in hopes to one day share a locker room with an alpha liek Tom Brady.... and stare at his penis out the corner of my eye.

The morning I heard he died I started googling and saw a pic of him with Brady at the Superbowl. Life can be crazy. One moment you can be literally on top of the world with 100 million eye balls on you and not much later you can be sitting in a jail cell about to kill yourself. While you can't control everything in life Aaron was the architect of getting to the photo below and also getting to one of the darkest places on earth which is hanging yourself in a jail cell.

afc-championship-football.jpg
he wasn't literally on top of the world. It's not like he had just summited Mt. Everest.

That doesn't make sense at all. It will be harder for his estate to succeed in a claim against them than it would be for him to be successful himself.
If I remeber correct it was something about a state law that the original verdict stays if someone dies during the process(?) So they cant take it to higher courts anymore and the daughter gets the money

I read that he did this so that his daughter could inherit the 15 million his team owned him (and which they were in court for), in that case respect. Taking your own life as a sacrifice to guarantee your daughters future is a heroic act

I thought i read earlier in the thread that all cases involving him are dismissed after he passes, as per the state's laws.

He was appealing his first murder charge, in Massachusetts if you die during that process all charges are null and void because you couldn't defend yourself.

If I remeber correct it was something about a state law that the original verdict stays if someone dies during the process(?) So they cant take it to higher courts anymore and the daughter gets the money

Being the nerd that I am (for law stuff, since I'm a lawyer) this really interested me so I've looked into it a bit further. What I've found so far is that his conviction is basically wiped out, because he was in the midst of appealing it and died before the appeal could be heard, so the conviction doesn't survive his death. An odd rule, I've never heard of anything like that before. Not sure if that's common among various states - we definitely don't have that rule in Canada.

Anyway, even though the conviction is gone it doesn't mean that the victim's family's wrongful death law suit against him is doomed to failure. It just means it won't be as easy a process for them to get a judgment against him. With the conviction they easily could have won, probably on a summary basis even because there wouldn't really be any genuine issue for trial. But now, with the conviction gone the matter will probably have to go to trial. So what could have been dealt with within a couple of months will probably now end up taking a couple of years. However, it's not impossible. They'll basically need to try the case again to get a judge or jury in civil court to find that Hernandez caused Lloyd's death.

What's more intriguing is his estate may be able to resurrect a claim against the Patriots with the conviction gone. They fired him for just cause, meaning they wouldn't have to pay out his contract, said 'cause' being the murder of Lloyd. Without the conviction their basis for firing him his gone. It will be interesting to see if the Patriots can basically bring it's own variation of a wrongful death claim against his estate - not for damages, but to have a judge or jury in a civil court make the determination that he caused Lloyd's death, allowing the Pats to get out of honoring his contract.

Interesting stuff.

NEbdUoXO3rnmei_2_b.jpg

Being the nerd that I am (for law stuff, since I'm a lawyer) this really interested me so I've looked into it a bit further. What I've found so far is that his conviction is basically wiped out, because he was in the midst of appealing it and died before the appeal could be heard, so the conviction doesn't survive his death. An odd rule, I've never heard of anything like that before. Not sure if that's common among various states - we definitely don't have that rule in Canada.

Anyway, even though the conviction is gone it doesn't mean that the victim's family's wrongful death law suit against him is doomed to failure. It just means it won't be as easy a process for them to get a judgment against him. With the conviction they easily could have won, probably on a summary basis even because there wouldn't really be any genuine issue for trial. But now, with the conviction gone the matter will probably have to go to trial. So what could have been dealt with within a couple of months will probably now end up taking a couple of years. However, it's not impossible. They'll basically need to try the case again to get a judge or jury in civil court to find that Hernandez caused Lloyd's death.

NEbdUoXO3rnmei_2_b.jpg

I think it will be pretty easy for the Lloyd family to succeed in a civil suit. If there's enough evidence that a jury that can find beyond reasonable doubt that Hernandez killed Lloyd, a civil jury will definitely find he's responsible on a preponderance of the evidence standard.

I think it will be pretty easy for the Lloyd family to succeed in a civil suit. If there's enough evidence that a jury that can find beyond reasonable doubt that Hernandez killed Lloyd, a civil jury will definitely find he's responsible on a preponderance of the evidence standard.

Normally I'd agree, but some of the articles I've read have suggested that quite a bit of the evidence that was used in the criminal proceedings is inadmissible in the civil proceedings. I don't know any of the particulars, so I can't give an opinion myself, but I've read that in a few places. Hopefully that won't be the case.

What's more intriguing is his estate may be able to resurrect a claim against the Patriots with the conviction gone. They fired him for just cause, meaning they wouldn't have to pay out his contract, said 'cause' being the murder of Lloyd. Without the conviction their basis for firing him his gone. It will be interesting to see if the Patriots can basically bring it's own variation of a wrongful death claim against his estate - not for damages, but to have a judge or jury in a civil court make the determination that he caused Lloyd's death, allowing the Pats to get out of honoring his contract.

Interesting stuff.

NEbdUoXO3rnmei_2_b.jpg

This is how OJ stayed afloat after his acquittal and subsequent civil suits. He was still able to collect his NFL pension for playing 3+ years in the NFL. Hernandez' family will now be able to collect that as well.

Shut up Internet tough guy lmao no one cares
How am i an internet tough guy? I claimed suicide is harder than some are thinking it is. Its uncomfortable for people to think about,so they pass it off as something easy and cowardly,when it is clearly not. Not sure where you are coming from,nor do i have confidence that you have a clue what you are talking about.

didnt watch the vid,but sure can agree. This wasnt a crime of passion.
its a short video but the youtube headline is misleading. He more or less jokes about it then moves on to that oscar pistorius guy.

I believe it's a Massachusetts state law.

Back