A Sad Day In Court For Dogs And Their Owners

This is horrible, but you can probably blame the residents of Detroit for using pit bull to deter police from entering their homes.

"moving or barking"

so literally being a dog can get you shot. Sad!

The average American will continue to lose rights if a minority of people continue to abuse their granted freedoms in order to commit a greater level of crime.

Lmao to all the idiots that think a persons life holds more value then any other on this planet.
You don't and will never get it, so need need to explain how wrong you are.

Aaaahhh, USA, the land of the free police officers... Seriously i dont think any police dept on this planet has more rights than the USA ones, and its getting worse by day it seems...

Aaaahhh, USA, the land of the free police officers... Seriously i dont think any police dept on this planet has more rights than the USA ones, and its getting worse by day it seems...

To be fair, not many civilized nations have the level of crime that USA does, either.

To be fair, not many civilized nations have the level of crime that USA does, either.

True... Here street cops arent even allowed to carry guns ( some do though but arent allowed to use it ) , but then again rarely anyone else has guns either, so you cant compare... Still, a right to shoot a dog because he barks or moves to me sounds just stupid, like im watching monty python or something... Ofcourse dog is gonna bark and move, its what they do...

I truly see no problem with this. As someone who breeds Bernese Mountain Dogs, has raised multiple Canadian and American champion dogs, owns a dog walking company and has clients who own large dogs, including pit mixes, I understand fully that the people who you are breaking into their homes and shooting their dogs in actual fear of your safety are pieces of shit. In almost twenty years of breeding and being around large working dogs, I have never been bit by a dog.

Unfortunately, the dogs who will get shot are simply a victim of the ghetto street culture they have been raised in as the pit and pit mixes that we handle are all high-end clients who don't have an ounce of ghetto in them.

My dog gives some serious kisses, and they might be perceived as a threat. Good thing I don't do anything to warrant the police to come to my home.

Really? Wtf I have a dog, even though he fucks up things in my house, he's like a son to me. I never thought I would feel like that for a animal, he barks Everytime someone is near, he's not that big, never violent he just loves cookies and people pat him. One time I had the police coming to my house, they spent more time playing with him than talking to me. To get to my point, I just see to many unprepared cops in US shooting dogs for nothing. Just go online! Thank God we don't have this law around here. We're actually doing much better since a small part of the government coligation is the animals rights party, it's illegal to kill dogs in any situation like is the Netherlands, a lot of positive legislation is coming. Edit: oh and dogs who can be considered violent like pit bulls , a owner needs to go through a lot of procedures, or get fined and the dog taken away.

I truly see no problem with this. As someone who breeds Bernese Mountain Dogs, has raised multiple Canadian and American champion dogs, owns a dog walking company and has clients who own large dogs, including pit mixes, I understand fully that the people who you are breaking into their homes and shooting their dogs in actual fear of your safety are pieces of shit. In almost twenty years of breeding and being around large working dogs, I have never been bit by a dog.

Unfortunately, the dogs who will get shot are simply a victim of the ghetto street culture they have been raised in as the pit and pit mixes that we handle are all high-end clients who don't have an ounce of ghetto in them.
I've already posted stories in here about upper-middle class white people in the suburbs getting raided due to police misconduct and having their non-aggressive dogs killed by cops, even when the dogs were actually running away from them. We've got the war on drugs and the militarization of the police. I've always lived in predominately white middle class areas. An upper-middle class white guy at the apt. building I grew up in got raided for drugs. So did a guy in my current one. It's not just poor black people who do drugs. Some exec from Chipotle got raided for drugs in his luxury Manhattan pad recently. They call out SWAT for pretty much anything these days. There's a thing called swatting where even wealthy and famous people in nice neighborhoods have been victimized by raids caused by fraudulent police calls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_Heights,_Maryland_mayor's_residence_drug_raid

I've already posted stories in here about upper-middle class white people in the suburbs getting raided due to police misconduct and having their non-aggressive dogs killed by cops, even when the dogs were actually running away from them. We've got the war on drugs and the militarization of the police. I've always lived in predominately white middle class areas. An upper-middle class white guy at the apt. building I grew up in got raided for drugs. So did a guy in my current one. It's not just poor black people who do drugs. Some exec from Chipotle got raided for drugs in his luxury Manhattan pad recently. They call out SWAT for pretty much anything these days. There's a thing called swatting where even wealthy and famous people in nice neighborhoods have been victimized by raids caused by fraudulent police calls.

This is what I thought about first when I saw this thread. If you've ever seen a video of a Swatting taking place, the cops are intense as fuck (it's not their fault, but still.) Someone's dog is guaranteed to get killed for no reason. Luckily people are being deterred from doing this shit

Yes there are people I have personally met that I value these then my dogs.

If a dog attached a copy I understand shooting it or if it went to attack the cop but that's not the case in some of these situations. In some it looks like the cops just wanted to kill something or someone and they knew they could get away with killing the dog. This just makes cops that faster on the trigger.

This is bullshit.
Something has to be done to stop cops from casually blowing your dog's head off for almost ripping his pants.

Too many fucked up stories about that happening with cops going to the wrong address and just shooting a dog cause it's easier than dealing with the dog another way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_Heights,_Maryland_mayor's_residence_drug_raid

Anecdotal evidence should not rule out the ability to set policy(ies). If policy and laws are not put forward because of situational incidents then nothing should ever get put forward. Are all laws/policies going to be perfect? No but that shouldn't stop them from being put forward.

Anecdotal evidence should not rule out the ability to set policy(ies). If policy and laws are not put forward because of situational incidents then nothing should ever get put forward. Are all laws/policies going to be perfect? No but that shouldn't stop them from being put forward.
The cops already had great leeway in using deadly force against humans, let alone animals. Now dogs can get summarily executed for barking. What dog isn't going to bark when a group of strangers violently trespasses their home? I don't expect perfect policy. This is pure shit, though.

You don't have to be ghetto or have a pit to get your dog shot for no good reason. As a couple people have said, it's common and some cops are just sadistic and want to kill your dog. I don't think there's much of a solution if it happens to you- the best you can hope for is a lawsuit. I think the only way to deal with it longer-term is to put lots of public relations pressure on the cops to behave themselves. This is something that all people really fucking hate (minus some of our resident psychos).

I can see the reason for it. There are some nasty killer dogs being raised by criminals to protect their stash at any cost. Cops need to have the right to eliminate those threats on site.

It's when a cop responds a domestic dispute or some shit, and shoots the family Golden Retriever, when things get a little complicated. However, I can't think of a reasonable solution to that issue. It's gotta be all or nothing.

The cops already had great leeway in using deadly force against humans, let alone animals. Now dogs can get summarily executed for barking. What dog isn't going to bark when a group of strangers violently trespasses their home? I don't expect perfect policy. This is pure shit, though.

Then the issue is with your police force not the law.

I had a buddy who is a FS LEO. He shot a dog that barked at him at a campsite. Dog was a harmless retriever that then ran into the family's tent and died after traumatizing the kids.

I told him he has no business being a LEO, should be ashamed, and is basically a pussy. We aren't friends anymore.

Anyways, any dog is going to bark when you enter a domicile.

Back