A fighter you were Right about and a fighter you were Wrong about

Right - Daniel Cormier would wreck shop in UFC LW division.
Wrong - Luke Rockhold would hold the belt for a long time in the MW division.
Right and Wrong - McGregor is not that good of an MMA fighter. He's a better boxer. But he's proved me wrong by getting some lucky ass wins. I still think Aldo would have wrecked him if he didn't get caught with the luckiest punch MMA has ever seen.

Wrong - Renan Barao. Thought he was headed to being an all time great..

Same, I thought this was the best fighter in the world and would hold the belt for years.

Wrong- Never thought McGregor would beat either champ at fw or lw.

Right- Jones would be the best fighter in the world as soon as I saw the Bonnar fight. Just had a feeling.

I wasn't sold on Cormier after his win over Bigfoot, but he turned out to be legit.
This too, I thought the short chubby guy wouldn't amount to much, he's now one of my favorite fighters lol.

But he's proved me wrong by getting some lucky ass wins. I still think Aldo would have wrecked him if he didn't get caught with the luckiest punch MMA has ever seen.

My wife forgot to pick up salt on the way home, can I borrow some of the shit ton you have?

Right - Woodley .after seeing his first fight in strikeforce challengers(I think he kimurad someone).I told my friend at work the next day to watch out for this guy.

Wrong- Phil Baroni.I thought he was the best eva

I was wrong when I watched Rousey/Carmouche and thought WMMA was going to be exciting and interesting.

All my other MMA-related thoughts have been correct

I was right about Conor.....

I'll need to have a real good think about a time I've been wrong.....
Conor is a good "right" choice but it must be dated to each tattoo era. Are you a blank canvas nuthuger? Rejoice! A heel tattoo veteran? Boast. A back tattoo expert fan? Welcome aboard! A gorilla adept? Well done! A gentleman and a scholar? Not so much! A Tiger noob? About time!

Anything after that is a blessed fan: you can't resist the blessing, is normal.

I was wrong very recently on Dojo and his fighter, Dominic Cruz. But he'll be back and hold a title again, make no mistake.

Wrong: Sokoudju
I thought he would be amazing

Right: Liam Neeson.

Right about Werdum when he fought Tom Erikson as a nobody in Pride.

Wrong about Cro Cop decimating the UFC HW division, though he had some good wins.

Did he? In the ufc?

Right - Stephen Thompson , Diaz/Condit card can't recall who he fought but knew he was something special.

Wrong - Johnathan Brookins - Was so impressed with him on TUF and he did absolutely nothing.

Right - Daniel Cormier would wreck shop in UFC LW division.
Wrong - Luke Rockhold would hold the belt for a long time in the MW division.
Right and Wrong - McGregor is not that good of an MMA fighter. He's a better boxer. But he's proved me wrong by getting some lucky ass wins. I still think Aldo would have wrecked him if he didn't get caught with the luckiest punch MMA has ever seen.

This is sadder than watching aldo weep in his locker room.

Right, Barao and Bisping.

Wrong, Hmm tough one, Machida.
Can't really think of any that turned terrible just guys like say Condit and Cerrone who never got a belt but maintained top 5 for years.
Oh got one, Jake Mathews, Prove me wrong dude prove me wrong (again)!!!!!

It's MMA.

If you're always right. You're lying.

Depends what you mean by right, Pick result pefectly yeah you full of shit but picking prospects who go on to be high level I have had pretty good success.

Right, Barao and Bisping.

Wrong, Hmm tough one, Machida.
Can't really think of any that turned terrible just guys like say Condit and Cerrone who never got a belt but maintained top 5 for years.
Oh got one, Jake Mathews, Prove me wrong dude prove me wrong (again)!!!!!
Maybe not that they turned terrible but someone you thought would be much better than they were

Right - Rashad would hold the belt one day (not very long, but still).
Wrong - Akiyama would hiptoss his way to the MW title.

Right: Conor, GSP, Cruz, TJ

In the middle: Duffy, Nelson

Wrong: Thatch, Brookins, Erik Silva

Maybe not that they turned terrible but someone you thought would be much better than they were

Yeah its not like Mathews is terrible I just thought he would be doing better at the moment.

I kinda like a piece fo shit for mentioning him, dude is 22, has 7 UFC fights and a winning UFC record.
Plenty of time for me to be proven right and for him to break out.

Back