9-0 Featherweight Prospect Gavin Tucker debuting in Halifax this sunday

The guy put on a good showing.

Really impressed me.

Glad to have a local guy from the rock to represent us!

yeah it was a good performance, just said in another thread that he fights like a more kick-heavy poormans cruz.

Yea as i said I'm not trying to give him the Mike Perry treatment GOAT joke talk, but this guy is worth following

I liked him out of the fights I watched he impressed me the most good defence and footwork and solid kicking seemed to have good punching technique little light on power though.

Good fighter, but seemed content to score points.

Maybe it was just the fact that it was his debut and he didn't want to get himself into trouble against a pure power puncher like Sam

Good fighter, but seemed content to score points

BS.

It takes two to fight. Gavin looked like he was trying to create opportunities, new positions, exchanges, counters and frustration with his busy striking. He found a t position once or twice and threw heat down the middle. Sam ate it. When he got the TD, passed immediately, attacked for a sub right away. How fast he went for a leg was quite impressive imo.

Sam did nothing but swing big punches late into each round, and landed 10 over 15 minutes.

Gavin spammed his head kick, went for a sub, created a couple big shots via movement. Gavin looked for and created many more ways to win. Sam committed to nothing until the final 2 minutes of each round, and it was the same simple big punches.

BS.

It takes two to fight. Gavin looked like he was trying to create opportunities, new positions, exchanges, counters and frustration with his busy striking. He found a t position once or twice and threw heat down the middle. Sam ate it. When he got the TD, passed immediately, attacked for a sub right away. How fast he went for a leg was quite impressive imo.

Sam did nothing but swing big punches late into each round, and landed 10 over 15 minutes.

Gavin spammed his head kick, went for a sub, created a couple big shots via movement. Gavin looked for and created many more ways to win. Sam committed to nothing until the final 2 minutes of each round, and it was the same simple big punches.

Calm down broski, you're taking my comment all wrong.

All I meant was that I feel like he didn't seem like he was fighting up to his total potential. Kid seems like he could sit down on his strikes a little bit more, and I feel like he could have finished Sam in the third if he really would have needed to.

You act like I insulted his mother

Calm down broski, you're taking my comment all wrong.

All I meant was that I feel like he didn't seem like he was fighting up to his total potential. Kid seems like he could sit down on his strikes a little bit more, and I feel like he could have finished Sam in the third if he really would have needed to.

You act like I insulted his mother

He did even state after ward he was timid because he had to win his debut, So I would say you are right. Also he seems like he would explode if you insulted his Mudder

I was impressed. Sicilia is a solid opponent.

Kind of worried about his apparent lack of power, but I haven't seen his other fights, and maybe it's because he was on his bicycle a little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back