!!! 80s vs. 90s.. which is the FUNNER decade? !!!

80s vs. 90s

• Total voters
Roller skating in the 80s, damn, remember those roller rinks

roller-16.jpg

Nothing is funner, it is more fun.
Because we were all SUPER CONFUSED by the bad grammar. C'mon. Perfect example of grammar police arrest for jaywalking. Don't be a dick, pig.

Because we were all SUPER CONFUSED by the bad grammar. C'mon. Perfect example of grammar police arrest for jaywalking. Don't be a dick, pig.

Yeah, you're entirely right.

Just let me bang bro.

Born in 81. SNES and Playstation were game changers. Copious amounts of great rap music. 90s for me

The 80s had most of prime Schwarzenegger filmography, 80s action cartoons (gi Joe, transformers, masters of the universe etc), arcades were still prevalent, the Lamborghini countache was the coolest cat of all time, we had John Hughes movies, the best of Star Wars and Star Trek (Empire Strikes Back; Wrath of Khan).

Yup, the 80s were a time to be alive.

You'd have to look at the drug of the era

80s = cocaine
90s = heroin

80s is more fun.

Even the music was more fun. 90s was a little more darker of an era.

90's... 80's comedy lacked big time. 80's action, science fiction and horror. The best!!!!

80's lacked comedy? Airplane, Naked Gun, Beverly Hills Cop, Stripes, Plane Trains and Automobiles, Revenge of the Nerds, Porkys, Caddy Shack, Three Amigos, National Lampoons, Blues Brothers, Space Balls, etc.
Yeah, sure.

80's better drugs and some great musick. Simpler times in a way too - but both decades superior to the shite the 2000's have spewed forth.

But the 90's did give us:

Born in 90. Memory kicks in late 92/93. So I only remember the 90s (and 00s, and "new" 10s).

It was only in about 2013, when I had seen three decades, that the whole culture shift etc really hit home. Everything changing every 10 years is a life time for a child but just another decade shift for adults. I feel the 2020s are going to be a cyberpunk (maybe without the punk lol) decade.

The 80s and particularly the 90s weren't the "world of tomorrow" pop culture promised us in the 50s and 60s. The 2010s+ though, now we are talking.

It depends on you age. 80s is definitely good for everyone. 90s is probably only good if you were an adult.

80s for pop culture. 90s for fashion,technology and events

The 90's felt almost anti fun to me. It was all angst and blah.

The 80's seem sort of corny when you look back but it was all about having a good time. Everything was fun and entertaining.

If you a teen sure, but young adults probably had it sweet. The real estate was not through the roof just yet. This is also when people first started going to college in droves.

I don't know how anyone is saying the 90s when the first half was all heroin rock music while the 80s was all glam and cocaine

The 80s wins this hands down and it's not even a contest. The 80s is know as the decade of excess.

I voted for the 80's. The 90's was the beginning of too much self-awareness, irony, cynicism, smugness and attitude problems.

2014-07-22-danpoorethearcade-thumb.jpg

tumblr_l67oxxqdar1qzh56ro1_400.jpg

Back