80 of the 80/20 equation

JMun-ki

White Belt
Reaction score
Stats:
Weight 285 lbs (~130kg)Depending on the week.
Height 6'1" - (185cm)
Age 32

This is the 80% of winning the battle: Nutrition. And I ned help with it.

Honestly I have read the faqs but there is so much information there. Also, I may post questions to help my wife with this part too. Because by default I have to be the guru for this stuff.

So, I'm going to post some of the past days. I know I am totally undereating but don't know where to go from there. I'm in nutrition paralysis. I don't want to eat junk. And everyone has a different opinion.

Any guidance please input. It will be greatly appreciated.

Anyway here's June 12th:

BFast

2 Breakfast Burritos McD's (fail)

Lunch

Chicken Salad Sandwich from a gas station. I was stuck at work in BFE.

Aft Snack

2 HB Eggs
Banana

Dinner

6 oz of B/S Chicken Breast
1 c of Asparagus
1/4 of a Cucumber
Handful of Raspberries

Evening snack

2 oz of Bison Burger from night before.

1669 Calories
66.3g of Fat
118.6g of Protein
157.7g of Carbs

June 13th

Breakfast

3 Eggs
2 slices of Bacon
1/2 cup strawberries

Lunch

3 oz Tuna (Can)
Banana
3 Dill Pickle Spear

Afternoon snack

Lean turkey meat (2 oz)

Dinner

6 oz Sirloin Steak
2 cups cauliflower

Epic Failure after Dinner

Golden Oreo w/ Strawberry Blizzard

1708 Calories
73.9g of Fat
101.9g of Protein
162.8g of Carbs

June 14

Breakfast

Pure Protein Banana Creme Shake RTD

Morn Snack

Apple

Lunch

4oz Lean Turkey Meat
Mandarin Chicken Salad w/ Vinaigrette Dressing

Dinner

3 slices Meat Lovers Pizza
2 Cheese Sticks

2427 Calories
101.3g of Fat
159.5g of Protein
222.9g of Carbs

June 15

BFast

Lean Turkey Meat
1 c Milk 2%

Got some raw milk today.

Morn Snack

Apple

Lunch-

Lean Turkey
2 cups Baby Carrots

Dinner-

5 oz of Lemon Pepper Cod
2 c Broccoli

726 Calories
14.4g of Fat
74.2g of Protein
79.2g of Carbs

ok to beat everyone to the punch. The pizza hut and Dairy queen has to be gone. I was frustrated by looking at my calorie counts for the day. And said, F It.

And help figuring out how many calories I should be eating would be greatly appreciated.

I remember someone posting a link to a calculator on about. According to that I figured it to be 3275. But I think the activity level multiplication is what throws me on that. The selection of moderate, active and such. I tend to lean towards low activity for my selection because of my weight loss goals but think that I should pick a higher one. Any advice on this.

It can be quite frustrating with all the information that is flung around about nutrition. Especially living in the states with the food pyramid machine that is shoved into every corner of the USA.

Breakfast

Muscle Milk Vanilla Creme

Morn Snack

2 Hard Boiled Eggs

Lunch

Lean Turkey Sandwich on Ezekiel Bread with Mustard

Afternoon Snack

1.5 c Raw Milk

Dinner

6 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Spinach Salad w/ Vinaigrette Dressing

1310 Calories
58.0g of Fat
117.1g of Protein
84.0g of Carbs

These totals are approximate as I have yet decided what vegetable will be with dinner.

I didn't feel like I was in such a calorie deficit. But I'm seeing that this is a huge problem for me.

Last edited:
BMR 2585.6

Sedentary 3102.72
Lightly Active 3361.28
Moderately Active 3619.84
Very Active 3878.4
Extra Active 4136.96

I'm thinking of shooting for around 2900-3000.

I found the link in zere0wn's log.

I made a spreadsheet with it because I'm a geek. But I'm sure it will prove useful as I did both male and female caloric needs.

BFast

6 oz Chicken Breast

Morning Snack

3 oz Baby Carrots
1 c Grapes

Lunch

Can of Tuna (I was stranded on a job site for a while and didn't get a chance to eat for a bit and ended up with this.)

Afternoon Snack

KFC Double Down

Dinner

8 oz Parmesan Crusted Pork Tenderloin
2 c broccoli

1420 Calories
53.6g of Fat
176.1g of Protein
60.9g of Carbs

I'm considering starting to take Olive Oil shots to get calories but need to see some research on that. I don't know if I can keep that much oil in me. I'm afraid that it will produce some explosive results. I don't always have easy access to a restroom. Besides my goals of weight loss it may not be a good idea.

In honor of Afternoon Snack:

kfc-doubledown-bunless-sandwich.jpg

Mine was the grilled version but same general concept.

Last edited:
Breakfast

2 Eggs
1 Apple

Lunch

Broccoli and Beef with Mushrooms and 2 Eggs. Mongolian Grill Style. No sauce on it. Just the oil used to fry.

Aft Snack

Lean Turkey Meat
3 oz carrots
1/4 cup Almonds

Dinner

Ate really late due to work interfering. Damn meat hadn't thawed out that I put in the refrigerator. So, I got:
baconator_dude25_400.jpg

Baconator.

Totals for the Day:
2032 Calories
111.8g of Fat
154.9g of Protein
93.7g of Carbs

I hate when I have to resort to fast food. I was so hungry when I got home. I couldn't even think. Obviously a side effect from not eating enough calories through out the day.

Edit: OK I don't have to resort to fast food. But that's all my brain could think of. FAIL.

Yesterday was a bust. Went to local fights. Had a good time. Ate 1/4 of a soft pretzel and 1/4 of an order of gymnasium nachos for Dinner. Drank 3 DIET Mt Dews.

I didn't track my calories yesterday.

Went grocery shopping and bought like 15 lbs of meat. Mix between pork, angus beef, and split chicken breasts. Our Meijier had a sale on Angus Beef eye of round steak. It was like 2.29 a pound. Great deal. I'm thinking of going back to get some more.

Thanks to some really good posters and some very well educated friends of mine. I'm not pursuing a paleo-type diet. I have decided to call it:

"Passionate Asphalt Lard Essence Orgy" diet.

Basically I'll be eating smart and including grains, dairy and other things. I'm avoiding starchy vegetables at night but will consume unheard of quantities of whatever the fuck I want on every third thursday and every 2nd tuesday.

Can I start a thread with the title: "Will I score more chicks while on a Paleo diet?"

You know, I have tried to eat "Paleo" for the last week. I can't afford it. Besides being damn near impossible to consume enough food for caloric needs.

It has done one good thing for a former sugar addict. I eat berries now and think to myself "Wow that is sweet" I wouldn't had done that a week ago.

[ /vent]
actually, I got some good advice from a member here. He led me to Grappler's Guide - John Berardi. Which in turn led to Precision Nutrition. Combine that with some really good info being slung about in one of those paleo threads. I think I have a really solid concept of what I need to do.

Breakfast
Slice Ezekiel Toast
3 Eggs

M Snack
Ham
Raw Spinach w/Salsa

Lunch
1 c Milk
Zone Bar
Banana

Dinner
Meatloaf Burgers w/salsa, egg
2 c Green beans

Snack
Ham
Serving of Peanut Butter

1708 Calories
71.4g of Fat
143.3g of Protein
128.6g of Carbs

The day is already gone and I didn't even eat 2000 calories. I'm not going to pig out before bed.

I got me some fish oil and some vitamins to add in the mix.

Maybe tomorrow will be better.

You're doing good with tracking your food. Keep that up. With the amount of calories you're consuming the weight should start pouring off for now.

What physical activities do you involve yourself in, regularly?

You're doing good with tracking your food. Keep that up. With the amount of calories you're consuming the weight should start pouring off for now.

What physical activities do you involve yourself in, regularly?

8 lbs since I started. In about 2.5 weeks.

Work, I'm a lineman for a cable company. Also started Starting Strength Novice program last week.

Thanks for the encouragement. I try to be as honest as possible with tracking.

Bfast
Hamburger Patty Leftovers
Banana

M Snack
3 oz Tuna
Orange

Lunch
Protein Shake
1 c Baby Carrots

Aft Snack
Deli Ham
Apple
8 oz Milk 2%

Dinner
8 oz Angus Steak Pan fried in 1 tbsp Olive Oil w/ green peppers, caramelized onions, and 2 cloves of fresh garlic.
2 c Broccoli Cauliflower Mix

Eve Snack

BFast
Banana
Protein Shake

M Snack
Serving of Ham
5 cherry tomatoes
Apple

Lunch
5 Cherry Tomatoes
3 oz Tuna
Baby Carrots

Aft Snack
1 c Milk 2%
Ham Again
Apple

Dinner
8 oz Pork Loin
1 c Corn

Eve Snack
1 c Cottage Cheese

1628 Calories
66.4g of Fat
132.6g of Protein
128.7g of Carbs

Overall a good day. Felt a lot better. The heat is still here. But I didn't have any lapses in water drinking today.

Just throwing this out there: I only drink water. In case you were wondering.

Started my cardio today. Bas Rutten cued up in the CD player.

Bfast
Pork Loin
Apple

M Snack
Baby Carrots
Ham

Lunch
Tuna
Grapes
1 c Milk

Aft Snack
Work interfered. I didn't get to eat 2nd lunch. I was too busy sweating my balls off in the middle of some woods.

Dinner
Omelette
2 tbsp Natty PB

Eve Snack
1.5 c Cottage Cheese

1428 Calories
61.6g of Fat
134.3g of Protein
79.0g of Carbs

Other than missing a meal. Pretty good. I was spread so thin around 1330-1530. I ate the grapes around 1330 and finished up with tuna around 1445. Finally had the milk when I got home around 5.

My total calories were a little low today for my liking. I feel it to. I'm ready to go to bed early. Don't want to binge right before I go to bed. So, I'll leave it where it's at today and do better tomorrow.

I feel better everyday and know that my progress will be slow. I'm loving the ride.

Current goal is to be in the 260's by July 30.

Yesterday 24 June 2010

Bfast
Protein Shake

M Snack
3 oz Baby Carrots
2 hb Eggs

Lunch
1 c Cherry Tomatoes
Ham

Aft Snack
Tuna
Apple
1 c Milk when I got home

Dinner
1 c Asparagus
8 oz Baked Chicken w/fresh red onions, fresh roasted garlic.

Eve Snack
1.5 c Cottage Cheese

1464 Calories
55.6g of Fat
152.4g of Protein
88.6g of Carbs

I weighed myself this morning. I really hope the weight staying at the same is because of muscle gain. I believe it is but I don't have a BF% calculator. I should have done measurements. Oh well. I feel better.

Yesterday

Bfast
Banana
Protein Shake

M Snack
1 Orange
2 Eggs

Lunch
1 c Watermelon
3 oz Baby Carrots
4 oz Lean Ham

Aft Snack
Apple
Tuna
1/2 Zone Bar (Stuck at work)

Dinner
3 Eggs Scrambled

Eve Snack
1 c Cotttage Cheese

1622 Calories
59.6g of Fat
128.1g of Protein
150.9g of Carbs

Long day at work. Eating was a solid effort. I'll try to up the intensity of it next time.

Have a planned cheat meal today for supper. Fedor fights tonight. Gonna be a good day. To be honest I am not craving anything 'bad' I thought it would be bad but if you take the approach that food is fuel for what you want to do. It's not so bad. Besides that, when you stop salting your food suddenly real, non processed food is becoming delicious again. I can't explain this. It's something you experience. The most proccessed thing I eat is the protein shake in the morning. And honestly its pretty bland. Vanilla flavor with no added extras. I'm only drinking it for the extra calories in the morning to get the day started.

Back