8 Values

Social Liberal here apparently.

Don't really care for religion so I wound up heavy on the liberty side vs. tradition... probably too much so.

I thought this was going to be a thread relating to the virtues that have been tragically forgotten in the current society.

Seven-Virtues.jpg

Can you expand? Looks interesting.

do you think that a government needs to be involved in your daily life, in order to be aggressive overseas?

i really dont understand your argument

A government that can project such power internationally cant be small and governments arent content with only messing with people abroad.

Well I'll be damned...

1z17imr.png

I keep telling people I'm a centrist and:

Closest Match: Centrist

Social libertarian, dont know what it means or how to share.

Which is weird, because im quite a Statist in a lot of things.

Centrist. Many of the questions were too open ended.

Can you expand? Looks interesting.

The cardinal virtues are the four principal moral virtues. The English word cardinal comes from the Latin word cardo, which means "hinge." All other virtues hinge on these four: prudence, justice, fortitude, and temperance.

Plato first discussed the cardinal virtues in the Republic, and they entered into Christian teaching by way of Plato's disciple Aristotle. Unlike the theological virtues, which are the gifts of God through grace, the four cardinal virtues can be practiced by anyone; thus, they represent the foundation of natural morality.

You can follow the link to learn more:

https://www.thoughtco.com/the-cardinal-virtues-542142

Virtues.jpg

The cardinal virtues are the four principal moral virtues. The English word cardinal comes from the Latin word cardo, which means "hinge." All other virtues hinge on these four: prudence, justice, fortitude, and temperance.

Plato first discussed the cardinal virtues in the Republic, and they entered into Christian teaching by way of Plato's disciple Aristotle. Unlike the theological virtues, which are the gifts of God through grace, the four cardinal virtues can be practiced by anyone; thus, they represent the foundation of natural morality.

You can follow the link to learn more:

https://www.thoughtco.com/the-cardinal-virtues-542142

Virtues.jpg

Fantastic. Thanks for this.

Well I'll be damned...

1z17imr.png

I keep telling people I'm a centrist and:

Closest Match: Centrist

This was like the same as mine except my liberty was higher (assume I am more of an atheist than ehtheist).

I was <6% from being 50/50 on all.

Centrist.

I'm always like that on these though, the questions are always so vague that I rarely take a strong position. Or the say prohibit X, and I'm like well does wanting limits count as prohibiting.

I also hate how they tie multiple things into one as well. Like religious and traditional values. Then I wonder what way the website interprets that, do they just look at a couple cherry picked values and associate that with bigotry or...

Basically I over think them and really just wished they'd give an example.

Last edited:
As usual, the quiz starts often with assumptions I don't agree with. Answering it would simply show what I do with questions that are not relevant to how I see things.

Back