8 reasons why Yoel Romero is The Ultimate Fighter

Yoel will forever be the 2nd best guy. Silver medal, lost twice to the champ. But theres nothing wrong with that, he should be proud

Are you really comparing Alves to Romero?
Not even close when it comes to resume or highlights (yes I realize Alves was on a 7fight win streak with 5 kos before he fought gsp.)

I guess people will forget alistar overeem
Mark hunt, Henderson ECT ECT all the great fighters that didn't get a UFC belt.

Here's the truth the UFC belts is surrounded by politics yoel didn't get a belt because Micheal bisping ducked him, nobody can ever look up a Chris wiedman or Luke rockhold highlight without a yoel Romero highlight popping up in the suggested list.

People remember fighters like yoel for what they accomplished, the people they finished and how he finished them will live forever.

And that's besides all his achievements in freestyle wrestling...
But I guess by your logic people will forget cael Sanderson too.

Imo it's clear that post was wishfull thinking, srs who remembers wiedman or rockhold but not the guy who flatlined them?
You can hope
I think we will remember Hunt, Overeem for their long careers in pride/ufc And for winning a k1 gp. Hendo too. Nobody remember Hendo for his wrestling.

I don’t know Cael Sanderson. Just heard about him on Sherdog.

Last edited:
Man I just feel like that's a lot of hate to a guy who has accomplished soo much. If you look at who romero has beat it's pretty impressive. Like yea I get it..he was a silver medalist. But Weidman never made It to the Olympics. Only DC and a handful of others can even say that. I look at Romero and I'm impressed by what he can do at at 41. It's pretty dang impressive.
If you guys want to attack him based off of potential steroid usage....ok I won't say much. But to attack him for his wrestling is just crazy to me. Just the sheer devotion to both sports by Romero is very impressive. He's dedicated his life to the sport, and without that dedication from elite athletes like him, we would never know what an elite level athlete looks like in mma competition.
There is no doubt that Romero is great. He has acomplished a lot, And has a lot of great wins. I still feel a lot of people give him too much credit, even if he never reached the top in wrestling or mma. Because of his muscles And backflips, guys give him skills he might just not have. The same was done to Overeem And Arona. (I don’t care about steroids).

I really hope you're joking, Are you talking about Silva's entire career? Or what he did in the UFC? YOU maybe have him right behind Silva, but people with an IQ over double digits don't.
The notion of Yoel being anywhere close to MW G.O.A.T. is fucking utterly preposterous. The guy has never won a title, can't even make MW, roids, cheats in every way he can and just is not that good. Rogan and the Shergays constantly fellatiating his big black muscles is why is Yoel phenomenon began. No other place in sports are cheaters celebrated this much. If one tried worshipping Lance Armstrong or Barry Bonds, they would rightly be ostracized; but in MMA, we not only turn a blind eye to cheating, but we also worship those that cheat the most.

<JonesLaugh><RomeroSalute><{silvanormal}>
20140413030347_IMG_4947.JPG

In your world maybe virgin boy. But when you don't and can't answer the bell, then the fight should be over. Clearly something the ref fucked up on.

Now go fucking suck on your moms nipples to get some nutrition.

Sorry for the profanities my brothers
Agreed, Yoel realistically should have lost 5 UFC fights so far, lest it were for incompetency:

1. Brunson: once you shit in your pants, the fight should be off.
2. Jacare: At best, that fight was a draw, with the first round being a 10-8 and the two following suit being 10-9' for Jacare.
3. Tim: As you rightly pointed out, once you can't answer the call, you are DQ'd
4. One legged Bobby (rightfully won)
5. One armed Bobby (rightfully won)

You cucks have to understand that this guy does not even deserve to hold Rich Franklins jock strap at this point, just based off of his accomplishments.

The notion of Yoel being anywhere close to MW G.O.A.T. is fucking utterly preposterous. The guy has never won a title, can't even make MW, roids, cheats in every way he can and just is not that good. Rogan and the Shergays constantly fellatiating his big black muscles is why is Yoel phenomenon began. No other place in sports are cheaters celebrated this much. If one tried worshipping Lance Armstrong or Barry Bonds, they would rightly be ostracized; but in MMA, we not only turn a blind eye to cheating, but we also worship those that cheat the most.

<JonesLaugh><RomeroSalute><{silvanormal}>
20140413030347_IMG_4947.JPG

THANK YOU! I was beginning to think I was living in some alternate reality, where Yoel is the greatest thing ever. I'm now seeing more and more posts like this, that give me hope! I got a yellow card for calling Yoel out. Straight baffling, if I'm in a bar, discussing a UFC with some random dude, and I say F him... what ya gonna do? Pull your yellow card out and turn your back on me? Whatever.

There is no doubt that Romero is great. He has acomplished a lot, And has a lot of great wins. I still feel a lot of people give him too much credit, even if he never reached the top in wrestling or mma. Because of his muscles And backflips, guys give him skills he might just not have. The same was done to Overeem And Arona. (I don’t care about steroids).
Well I guess for me i've seen flying knees from hell and spinning shit from hell too. In the first couple of rounds, he's virtually impossible to take down too. He always wins his scrambles. I just think there's a lot to be said about doing that at an older age.

THANK YOU! I was beginning to think I was living in some alternate reality, where Yoel is the greatest thing ever. I'm now seeing more and more posts like this, that give me hope! I got a yellow card for calling Yoel out. Straight baffling, if I'm in a bar, discussing a UFC with some random dude, and I say F him... what ya gonna do? Pull your yellow card out and turn your back on me? Whatever.
Yoel is a very touchy subject around here. There is really only one explanation for this recent Yoel worship, a guy that should have lost to Jacare, Tim and Brunson, as well as losing to Knuckles twice, and that simply is: Sherdog is gay AF. It's just as plain and simple as that. If he looks like Roy Nelson, no one cares, and we all know it.

Yoel is a very touchy subject around here. There is really only one explanation for this recent Yoel worship, a guy that should have lost to Jacare, Tim and Brunson, as well as losing to Knuckles twice, and that simply is: Sherdog is gay AF. It's just as plain and simple as that. If he looks like Roy Nelson, no one cares, and we all know it.
You sound like a fat jealous virgin lmao

Yoel lives in your head

He could be a character from Street Fighter, or a bad guy in an action movie, the soldier of god is in fact one of the most exciting fighters we have seen in MMA history.

1- He's the A level athlete we were all waiting for

giphy.gif

"he launches himself in the air... and he's 200 pounds" Joe Rogan

2- World champion and silver medalist in the olympics, he is an elite wrestler

T2YpkI0.gif

I have never seen Weidman being manhandled like that

3- He does not rely only on his wrestling, in fact his striking arsenal is creative and diversified

giphy.gif

4- He is spectacular, and gave us one of the most incredible KOs

source.gif

5- He has great striking defense (in this gif he implemented the cross-armed guard)

6- He has great fight IQ (explode and reload)

He uses feints, makes you think he's tired, slows his pace, and then brutally changes the rhythm of the fight

giphy.gif

7- His indestructible faith in god gives him the greatest motivation

Believer or not, you have to admit faith gives strength to those who firmly believe they are driven by a superior force. Romero is not confident. He just thinks he's a soldier of God himself. No one can touch him.

giphy.gif

8 - He is charismatic

He definitely has more personality than Weidman or Whittaker for example. That aura around him contributes to his popularity among mma fans

2f51a0719a3f8e25a0da450452962064.gif

Bonus : Let's not be naïve. He's shady as f*uck, but eh, he has not officially popped yet so let's enjoy this crazy monster while we can :)

untitled-9j9swf.gif
LOL at the last point. The craziest thing about Romero for me is his ability to keep getting better regardless of age. Dude is 41 and willing to have another 10 matches with Whittaker. Watch him somehow still fight into his 60s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back