8 reasons why Yoel Romero is The Ultimate Fighter

He could be a character from Street Fighter, or a bad guy in an action movie, the soldier of god is in fact one of the most exciting fighters we have seen in MMA history.

1- He's the A level athlete we were all waiting for

giphy.gif

"he launches himself in the air... and he's 200 pounds" Joe Rogan

2- World champion and silver medalist in the olympics, he is an elite wrestler

T2YpkI0.gif

I have never seen Weidman being manhandled like that

3- He does not rely only on his wrestling, in fact his striking arsenal is creative and diversified

giphy.gif

4- He is spectacular, and gave us one of the most incredible KOs

source.gif

5- He has great striking defense (in this gif he implemented the cross-armed guard)

6- He has great fight IQ (explode and reload)

He uses feints, makes you think he's tired, slows his pace, and then brutally changes the rhythm of the fight

giphy.gif

7- His indestructible faith in god gives him the greatest motivation

Believer or not, you have to admit faith gives strength to those who firmly believe they are driven by a superior force. Romero is not confident. He just thinks he's a soldier of God himself. No one can touch him.

giphy.gif

8 - He is charismatic

He definitely has more personality than Weidman or Whittaker for example. That aura around him contributes to his popularity among mma fans

2f51a0719a3f8e25a0da450452962064.gif

Bonus : Let's not be naïve. He's shady as f*uck, but eh, he has not officially popped yet so let's enjoy this crazy monster while we can :)

untitled-9j9swf.gif

He has popped and he’s lost 2 of his last 3

Yeah and Randy was clean<BronTroll1>
I actually didn't comment on Randy's PED use- what I said was that he would not destroy a 41 year old Randy, which was what the post I quoted said.

Shit like this cracks me up. He's looked the same since he was a teenager, but just a little softer now. Some people just have far better genetics than fat slimes like you.
I don't normally response to infantile posters like you that clearly are about 14 (or worse, are not 14 but act like it), but you should actually read the articles so you don't make yourself look like an idiot with your comments (or perhaps your reading ability isn't so good?). It actually has nothing to do with the way his body looks.

at the 3:25 mark is where Whittaker talks about Yoel and USADA. It's funny how naive people are to believe Yoel is a clean fighter... Look at his old pictures, look at his head size. Look at his weigh in. A 41 year recovers as well as a 25 year old Till? LoL OK.

I guess Yoel is the one athlete in his 40s to continue being a dominate figure in his sport. Guess it's just Cuban genetics and genetics....... /s

Oh I've loved me some Romero since the Kenndey fiasco.

I root for him because he's just an exceptional athletic specimen, but if he can't beat Whitaker... he's not the best.

One of my top "What If?" thoughts about MMA is, "What if Romero had gotten into fighting 10 years ago..."

I don't normally response to infantile posters like you that clearly are about 14 (or worse, are not 14 but act like it), but you should actually read the articles so you don't make yourself look like an idiot with your comments (or perhaps your reading ability isn't so good?). It actually has nothing to do with the way his body looks.
I don't normally respond to infantile posters, but I don't consider anecdotal accounts as evidence of guilt. Those articles are both trash, there is nothing in them incriminating Yoel, clown.

at the 3:25 mark is where Whittaker talks about Yoel and USADA. It's funny how naive people are to believe Yoel is a clean fighter... Look at his old pictures, look at his head size. Look at his weigh in. A 41 year recovers as well as a 25 year old Till? LoL OK.

I guess Yoel is the one athlete in his 40s to continue being a dominate figure in his sport. Guess it's just Cuban genetics and genetics....... /s

Yeah, not like Cormier is still dominating people at 40 years old.

This and only this.

The guy is always the bridesmaid and never the bride - the black Donald Cerrone, Uriah Faber or Chael Sonnen. So why is everyone so obsessed with this B leaguer tho? Because he is big, black and muscled up. This place is Cuckistan, and that's the only reason why he's loved.

'This and only this' lol,...who in the fuck almighty are you man,...to say that we all love Yoel because he's big and black,...I think its pretty obvious that all of the threads about his body being made of steel, etc,.. are in the end fans on here having some fun, mixed with a lot of sarcastic comments,...its a joke...his body really isn't made of steel or adamantium, is it, 'donks'?

You're taking it way off base here,...I love Yoel because he's a wrestling beast,...can box very well,...has charisma,...don't see where being 'black' has anything to do with it. Its you who is taking this to a level of 'racsim' that is uncalled for you pathetic cunt,... you're just keen on stirring up the pot with stupid bullshit like 'Cuckistan',...my guess is your fairy ass is surrounded by middle easterners, blacks, Asians, who have probably gone way ahead in life whereas your dumbass is still sucking lollipops and waiting for Mommy to make you dinner every night.

Jealousy is a bitch isn't it donks lol?

The question of Yoel being a freak of nature or user is a interesting one. He’s a freak even if he is using but I’m not going to call it either way.
There are people born just plain gifted on a lot of different levels no doubt.
There is some overlap here even though this article isn’t speaking specifically to this situation.
Don’t have a dog in the fight either way but is it impossible for someone to have his abilities at his age with maximizing his potential his whole life?

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/MedicineCuttingEdge/story?id=7231487&page=1

Every new child has a few surprises, but imagine bringing home an adopted baby to find he was born with a super strength beyond the biological limits of most humans.

At 5 months old, Liam Hoekstra of Grand Rapids, Mich., started doing an expert gymnast movecalled the iron cross. By 8 months old, Liam could do a pull-up and by 9 months, he could climb up and down stairs.

The question of Yoel being a freak of nature or user is a interesting one. He’s a freak even if he is using but I’m not going to call it either way.
There are people born just plain gifted on a lot of different levels no doubt.
There is some overlap here even though this article isn’t speaking specifically to this situation.
Don’t have a dog in the fight either way but is it impossible for someone to have his abilities at his age with maximizing his potential his whole life?

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/MedicineCuttingEdge/story?id=7231487&page=1

Every new child has a few surprises, but imagine bringing home an adopted baby to find he was born with a super strength beyond the biological limits of most humans.

At 5 months old, Liam Hoekstra of Grand Rapids, Mich., started doing an expert gymnast movecalled the iron cross. By 8 months old, Liam could do a pull-up and by 9 months, he could climb up and down stairs.

The thing also is there might be guys better than Romero out there in the remote places of the world that will never be discovered

The thing also is there might be guys better than Romero out there in the remote places of the world that will never be discovered

More likely than not. We’re actually not taking our samples from the biggest pool available. Almost everyone can think of some they knew that was a total standout. We had a high school running back that looked and ran like a Greek god. He worked out like everyone else but had some genetic shit going on that put him on another level. Everyone thought he would go pro but you know how that goes. He was up against all the other standouts in the country when he hit college.

So you take the biggest freaks from Cuba and one rises to the top through the gruesome process of elimination in the wrestling world and you end with someone like Romero.

More likely than not. We’re actually not taking our samples from the biggest pool available. Almost everyone can think of some they knew that was a total standout. We had a high school running back that looked and ran like a Greek god. He worked out like everyone else but had some genetic shit going on that put him on another level. Everyone thought he would go pro but you know how that goes. He was up against all the other standouts in the country when he hit college.

So you take the biggest freaks from Cuba and one rises to the top through the gruesome process of elimination in the wrestling world and you end with someone like Romero.

What about in the jungles or some shit where they don't have access to training wrestling or mma kinda like Francis who got to France and by chance got discovered? There might be guys like that out there is what I'm saying, that are from even poorer countries that have those abilities but will never be able to harness them in professional sports..

He could be a character from Street Fighter, or a bad guy in an action movie, the soldier of god is in fact one of the most exciting fighters we have seen in MMA history.

1- He's the A level athlete we were all waiting for

giphy.gif

"he launches himself in the air... and he's 200 pounds" Joe Rogan

2- World champion and silver medalist in the olympics, he is an elite wrestler

T2YpkI0.gif

I have never seen Weidman being manhandled like that

3- He does not rely only on his wrestling, in fact his striking arsenal is creative and diversified

giphy.gif

4- He is spectacular, and gave us one of the most incredible KOs

source.gif

5- He has great striking defense (in this gif he implemented the cross-armed guard)

6- He has great fight IQ (explode and reload)

He uses feints, makes you think he's tired, slows his pace, and then brutally changes the rhythm of the fight

giphy.gif

7- His indestructible faith in god gives him the greatest motivation

Believer or not, you have to admit faith gives strength to those who firmly believe they are driven by a superior force. Romero is not confident. He just thinks he's a soldier of God himself. No one can touch him.

giphy.gif

8 - He is charismatic

He definitely has more personality than Weidman or Whittaker for example. That aura around him contributes to his popularity among mma fans

2f51a0719a3f8e25a0da450452962064.gif

Bonus : Let's not be naïve. He's shady as f*uck, but eh, he has not officially popped yet so let's enjoy this crazy monster while we can :)

untitled-9j9swf.gif

Sweet av.

Most everything you said about him is true. I think he's a real character and a great fighter. But he couldn't win the belt. Also I am sick of people awarding him points for his physique. It's cool and all but this is fighting not body building.

Sure, TS. Yoel is great and all, but he always seem to end up no 2.. Silver medalist in wrestling, Always loses titlefights in mma, and he is not getting any younger, so I don't think he is the ultimate fighter.

...Sadly, he will be forgotten in a couple of years, as he never did anything great... We will however remember all the other guys mentioned in the thread... Whittaker, Bisping, Weidman, Rogan, Luke, Machida, as they were all world champs at some point. And Rogan is Rogan.
Op is a tranny? Fuckin sick prick

Back