62 fighters have missed weight since early weigh in introduced.

So fat's trending?

sounds like maybe it's not a good thing, or maybe UFC just has a bigger roster since then? Not sure if these ceremonial early weigh-ins are good anymore or if this has nothing to do with it.

The early weigh in is shit for fighters. I couldn’t imagine having to cut weight all night. I usually weigh in at 6pm so I can get up early and cut weight all day and get it done. That early weigh in would seriously suck.

The one benefit of it is that they have much more time to rehydrate which is nice since they took away IVs.

need a name list and win lose ratio

This.

And it should also be noted what the difference is in amount of weight they were over the limit, because from what I remember when fighters used to miss weight before this rule it was usually by 0,5 to 1 pound whereas now it seems to be common for fighters to be anywhere from 2-5+ lbs over.

Last edited:
They should have the option to weigh in at any point the day before the fight.

Sherdoggers have never missed weight.

<31>

Reebok + USADA + early weigh ins = the holy shitfecta.

They should start cutting weight a day earlier.

<seedat>

Originally it was introduced as just an alternative and fighters could still weigh-in offically at what is now the "ceremonial" weigh in if they wanted to

Should go back to that

Those who think it’s an organizations responsiblity to make weight cutting easier for fighters remind me of those who think the government should give out clean needles to drug users. It’s their own choice to cut massive weight, it’s not the orgs obligation to make it easier (or harder), let them deal with consequences on their own.

I've always thought early weigh ins are a terrible idea. It's much harder to manage your weight right after waking up.
Having a portion of the day to shed that extra water weight is key.

Early weigh ins are not the solution.

Isn't 2 years also roughly the USADA anniversary? I think it has more to do with banning diuretics, weight cutting steroids, and IVs.

Isn't 2 years also roughly the USADA anniversary? I think it has more to do with banning diuretics, weight cutting steroids, and IVs.
USADA has been around for almost 3 years.

It has more to do with fighters not being able to "peak" their cuts because of the time.

So fat's trending?

You're damn right baby

giphy.gif

nah.. the number of people missing weight dropped considerably aftrer the iv restrictions came in

there were half the weight misses in the 8 months following the iv restrictions as opposed to the previous 8 months.

DWDBmpEX0AAF4TO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back