5 years ago we witnessed one of the most exciting WW championship fights ever.

UFC 167 was a great card capped off by a great main event. Both men left everything in the cage. At the time, I’d never been more entertained by a welterweight title bout. Although there will always be controversy when discussing this fight, it’s still cool to reminisce.
View attachment 472189
View attachment 472185
View attachment 472193
what i miss most about that era as seen in the photo is:

1) no usada
2) no reebok.

two bad deals for ufc fighters who had no choice but to take it up the ass.

But PEDs don't matter.
Only the leves on the game.

Googling leves I get javelin armed skirmishers in the early Roman Republic. I'm guessing you meant levels, but its always interesting to learn a new word. I'm going to have to figure out how to insert leves into some thread now.

Googling leves I get javelin armed skirmishers in the early Roman Republic. I'm guessing you meant levels, but its always interesting to learn a new word. I'm going to have to figure out how to insert leves into some thread now.

You are welcome.

Man, you guys.

GSP didn't duck Anderson, the way Anderson didn't duck Juicehead Jones, and so on. Guys in P4P consideration aren't "ducking" bigger guys on that list. It's transparent to suggest otherwise.

GSP didn't cherry-pick Bisping, he'd been campaigning for a MW fight for almost a year before Bisping was champion. It's also worth noting that the Bisping GSP beat was the same guy who beat Anderson, and quite a few people were picking Bisping to beat GSP.

Yes, he developed colitis, and has looked incredibly diminished. Some incredibly respected people are saying GSP was (and is) incredibly sick, but that's not good enough for you, no, for you it's guilty until proven innocent. That's the only narrative you're comfortable with.

I think it's hilarious how you guys are calling GSP a cherry-picker and ducker when he was by far the best champion has ever had; he fought anyone they wanted to put in front of him without a word of complaint, or opinions on who it should be, while other champions (especially Anderson) always felt it was their right to choose a worthy opponent. Silva spent two years telling everyone Chris wasn't good enough, and look how that turned out. About GSP Dana said they'd pick a guy and GSP would sign. Anderson begged for a Bisping fight for years while he was still champion and Bisping was getting killed by anyone in the top five.

GSP had an extraordinary career, retired for years, and came back for legacy fights. Considering the fact he's arguably the best fighter who has ever lived, the UFC should be giving him whatever fights he wants, full stop. There are some legitimate complaints about that, for instance if GSP is allowed to cut the line fans of the fights being moved back should complain, but the loudest complaints are absolutely going to come from fans of the fighters whose legacies GSP is further eclipsing.

Great post, but trying to reason with guys like Lethal Hands, Jack Schtoll and that whole group of cronies is pointless. You might as well just beat your head off of a wall unfortunately.

Great post, but trying to reason with guys like Lethal Hands, Jack Schtoll and that whole group of cronies is pointless. You might as well just beat your head off of a wall unfortunately.

That's simply not true.

Arguing with a type like Loiosh is impossible.

I am perfectly open to debate and new ideas.

Just cute how you all bought the "colitis" story now....

It was a great fight for sure and it was a close as it gets .GSP clearly won round 3 and 5 with Hendricks clearly winning round 2 and 4 the problem in this fight is the first round which was a tossup i personally scored it 48-47 for the MMA GOAT but it was as close as it gets.

Agreed.

Back