5 years ago we witnessed one of the most exciting WW championship fights ever.

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC 167 was a great card capped off by a great main event. Both men left everything in the cage. At the time, I’d never been more entertained by a welterweight title bout. Although there will always be controversy when discussing this fight, it’s still cool to reminisce.
AE4DA7EF-1DE6-4BC0-BD6E-C987A28BEA58.jpeg
FA599677-41B7-41AA-BFC7-493EE9C394F8.jpeg
A69677A7-B0F2-46EF-BDFE-55D15C3CA906.jpeg

Great fight!

The fight that essentially ended GSP’s career. Sweet justice prevailed when Hendricks got what was rightfully his (WW title) in his very next fight.

Respect to both of these warriors.

C2449D0C-1A55-41C5-96B5-1D12A8F27108.jpeg
2852787A-D32C-4EF0-927B-6D6B3AC9F2FC.png
D0CA831F-5608-4733-8761-4CE877D8B02A.jpeg

Yeah, it was entertaining. Still think the Wonderboy-Woodley fights were more technical and fought at a higher level, but that fight was definitely one of the best WW title fights.

Too bad it was scarred by bad a bad decision. Hendricks clearly won the fight.

This was even better.

200.gif

The day GSP was defeated. Too bad it was tainted by Hendricks pissing hot

Mehhhh .. when you're juiced up "I am not impressed by your performance" ....

To bad he’s a cheater

Condit vs Lawler was better #myboygotrobbed

It was a great fight for sure and it was a close as it gets .GSP clearly won round 3 and 5 with Hendricks clearly winning round 2 and 4 the problem in this fight is the first round which was a tossup i personally scored it 48-47 for the MMA GOAT but it was as close as it gets.

Yeah, it was entertaining. Still think the Wonderboy-Woodley fights were more technical and fought at a higher level, but that fight was definitely one of the best WW title fights.

Too bad it was scarred by bad a bad decision. Hendricks clearly won the fight.
So a not even that good wrestler with an overhand vs a one dimensional fighter was fought in a higher level than the MMA GOAT and probably the most well rounded fighter even GSP vs a very dangerous well rounded opponent in Hendricks ? You are delusional.

I scored it GSP and was surprised as hell. Commentary sways a lot of people. I wonder how many people saying Hendricks clearly won actually scored the fight. It basically came down to how you scored one round.

As for people sayig Hendricks got what he wanted and that he never failed a drugs test please. Name one person who's fallen off the radar more since testing got more stringent? He's gone from wobbling guys with a jab to blowing up, not being able to make weight (despite going up a weight category!) and basically is a pale imitation of his former self.

This was around the time GSP was openly calling attention to the fact lots of fighters were enhanced/cheating. It would seem that he was correct so let's not cry a river for Hendricks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back