5 years ago today: UFC 151 was cancelled

If Chael could have lasted 27 more seconds they would have stopped the fight in between rounds on account of Jon's broken toe and Chael would have a TKO win over Jon Jones and would have been the 205lb champ lol

He was the least culpable out of all parties involved. UFC put together a weak card that couldn't sustain losing a headliner, something that happened the next year on a card that didn't have anything to do with him. Henderson waited too long to disclose his injury. Sonnen colluded with him on that in hopes that being a late replacement would give him an advantage. Jones' only "sin" was not making up for the BS everyone else tried to pull.

The annoying thing was the fact that, Jon Jones reason for not fighting chael was that chael is a southpaw.

Weak excuse but he still got a pass for being a great fighter but with all that has happened you have to let him go.

Too much of a liability for the UFC and a bad investment for future marketing.

You can't pin that one on Jones it was all Hendo and the UFC.
Jones is a fuck up but he is not responsible for the 151 mess

I remember all the fighters complaining about not getting paid and Jonny said he would've paid them back if they didn't talk bad about him on Twitter. <45>

I remember saying at the time that i thought it was wrong for jon not to take the fight. My reasoning was because a champion should, in theory be able to take on and beat all comers. Jon was healthy and ready to go. Some say that jon didn't have time to prepare for chael. Well neither did chael.

I understand the other side of the argument, though. Jon had more to lose. Still a bit lame to me.

Jones is a cheating sod, but 151 was not his fault.

Back when Jones was fighting more than once a year. Those were the days.

There was also the two hour period when Machida was getting the next title shot then pulled out and Vitor getting the shot.

The blame goes to the TRT fiends not the roid fiend.

Back