5 years ago today: UFC 151 was cancelled

ThinkBig500

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
UFC_151_poster.jpg

I remember early in the day, there were rumors Hendo would pull out due to an injury. Sure enough it was true, and Jon turned down a replacement fight against Chael Sonnen. Then UFC 151 was cancelled.

If all that wasn't crazy enough, later in the day it was announced he would fight Vitor Belfort. This was shocking considering Vitor was a MW who beat Rumble at a time it didn't mean as much.

So congrats Jon for missing the five year anniversary of another controversy, by a single day. Cheers to 5 more years of hell with Jon.

What goes around comes back around

-Justin Timberlake

Chael would've destroyed Jon Jones on that night.

I have honestly lost count now of just how many cards Jon has ruined with his endless BS. Holy fuk

I always think about this for example. UFC 200 wasnt really UFC 200 it was 199

The man that 'doesn't even train' needed months of training, game-planing and studying for Chael.

jon jones has received the benefit of the doubt many times. so now its fun to bring up all his fuck ups.

5 years later, Jon Jones appears to be cancelled.

I remember, it was Jackson And Jones' fault that time....

Michael-and-Quincy-michael-jackson-and-quincy-jones-22731351-460-343.gif

I thought it was hilarious that he had an event cancelled because he wouldn't take a late replacement opponent (a can from a lower weight class at that), when he won his belt as a late replacement opponent. Dana must've been so pissed lol (rightfully so)

That sucked. I remember being very pissed at JBJ for not taking the fight to beat Chael's ass.

The crazy thing is Jon got so much hate for that at the time and yet in retrospect that doesn't even come close to the trouble that was to follow.

As much as I am not a Conor nuthugger, his balls are bigger than Jones. Dude never needed a fucking rainbow

Back