"45 & 55 are the hardest divisions in MMA. Thats how great Conor is. He conquered both"- Chael Sonen

Conor was ready to clown RDA (bum version of aldo) as he said... if he would have, then he would have way more respect from the haters. He made eddie alvarez look like a baby deer. RDA was nowhere near that level. Nevertheless he will fight soon and take another soul. Lol

he hasn't defended the belt at either FW or LW, he's a fraud

MW with Jacare, Luke, Yoel, Weidman, Whittaker is way harder than LW
Also, BW with TJ, Cruz, Cody and Rivera is harder than FW
uh... no. Even if they were the same size, max cleans all of those guys easy, same with aldo, same with frankie, same with chad, the top top guy of bw loses to any top 5 fw and I can't believe you're arguing mw have better skills than the lower divisions. Its very obvious just watching they don't. And just logically, divisions that represents billions of people (fw, lw) are going to have better skill than divisions that represent millions of people. There is 10x the pool of people to find talent from.

@ Chael Sonnen's quote:

If you can recall, before Aldo got injured the UFC gave McGregor a title eliminator fight against Siver, who according to FightMatrix' rankings was the number 19th ranked Featherweight in the world at the time. I elaborated on this subject in another thread:

lol way to inflate the information. First off this is "worldwide rankings" way to inflate Siver to 19. Conor's run is impressive, regardless if some opponents were cherry picked.

Didn't do shit at 55. Barely skimmed the surface at 45. Wanna conquer a division? Do what GSP did. 9 title defenses and cleaned out all contenders. Twice.

Dennis Sivers and Diego Brandaos don't count. 2 week wrestlers don't count. 13s flash KOs don't count. Hiding the belt in your basement for 2 years doesn't count. The pussy was helicoptered to Mount Everest and touched the peak for 2 seconds and think he's a legend.

Fraudsters gonna fraud...

lol way to inflate the information. First off this is "worldwide rankings" way to inflate Siver to 19. Conor's run is impressive, regardless if some opponents were cherry picked.
Siver's last three fights before fighting a title eliminator:

W-Rosa, who was making his UFC debut.
NC-Gamburyan, Siver popped for PEDs.
L-Swanson.

This actually looks much worse <Lmaoo>.

I guess Matt Serra conquer WW when he beat Gsp the first time huh, going by Chael logic.

I guess Matt Serra conquer WW when he beat Gsp the first time huh, going by Chael logic.
Yeah he did, a guy kills a King and takes the kingdom, he conquered it. Doesn't matter how long he holds it.

I'd say cleaning out a division is harder than conquering it. And Conor hasn't done that.

He didnt conquer LW.

He beat a 5'7 (UFC height stat is wrong)LW Manlet who gets rocked in each fight.

Khabib and ferguson are much better LWs.
said Manlet easily KO'd the former dominant champ who is now the #1 contender at WW, funny how good fighters suddenly become bums after they lose to someone people hate.

Last edited:
Can Chael actually say a single thing on any subject without bullshitting or giving delusional answers?
No, no he can’t. He’s the crazy old man that lives at the end of your street that talks about the Vietnam war, aliens,government controlling us with refined carbohydrates, and his first wife Betty.

He’s a fucking blowhard

said Manlet easily KO'd the former dominant champ who is now the #1 contender at WW, funny how good fighters suddenly become bums after they lose to someone people hate.
Yep..

Eddie stylistically gives both Tony and Khabib very tough fights as well, could even conceivably beat both of them.

He didnt conquer LW.

He beat a 5'7 (UFC height stat is wrong)LW Manlet who gets rocked in each fight.

Yep! More Eddie Alvarez hating even though he's sat amongst the elites of the Lightweight division for years now smh. Sherdoggers gonna Sherdog every time Eddie's name gets mentioned. I swear Conor got some of ya'll talkin all types of nonsense, and you take it out on everyone he fights, it's fucking hilarious.

Conor ain't conquered shit until he fights both Tony and Khabib.

Deep down he knows that.

As much as I don't disagree, in this scenario, if he beats the winner, IF, he has a case, but I agree, to sit with them as one of the best 155'ers he does have to beat them both, beating the winner though, is a good foot in the door.

Eddie has fought more top 5 opponents in his UFC run alone, let alone his entire career, than Tony and Khabib have fought in both of their entire careers combined.

People hate on Eddie because Conor trounced him. Won't change the fact that he's one of the GOAT LWs.

I'll say this to you again, but nobody gives a shit about FightMatrix rankings, and you using them when we've had official rankings for years, let alone much more credible "indie" rankings like Sherdog's, showcases your clear biased agenda.

Alvarez got a title shot after going 2-1 in the UFC, with both of his wins being split decisions.

You mean he got a title shot after beating the former champ in his first post-title reign fight, and beating the former challenger coming off his first post-title challenge fight, both of whom were top 5 opponents. While nobody else on a win streak had any wins as highly ranked as Eddie did, let alone two of them. And while Eddie himself was the #1 ranked contender.

Eddie rightfully got the title shot.

He could have beat both champions on the same night and walked away with a cut. . .. and it wouldn't have been 25 minutes combined.

I'll say this to you again, but nobody gives a shit about FightMatrix rankings, and you using them when we've had official rankings for years, let alone much more credible "indie" rankings like Sherdog's, showcases your clear biased agenda.
Siver's last three fights before fighting a title eliminator:

W-Rosa, who was making his UFC debut.
NC-Gamburyan, Siver popped for PEDs.
L-Swanson.

This actually looks much worse <Lmaoo>.
It's impossible to justify and defend this, and it also backs up Siver's rank at the time of the fight; even if I excluded the non-UFC fighters from FightMatrix' rankings, it would still place Siver at #15.

Conor is not the best LW and has only one win.

I would not say conquer. I would say “protected” or “ preferential treatment”. He is smart about who he fights. He wants no part of tony or Khabib.

Eddie has fought more top 5 opponents in his UFC run alone, let alone his entire career, than Tony and Khabib have fought in both of their entire careers combined.

People hate on Eddie because Conor trounced him. Won't change the fact that he's one of the GOAT LWs.

You mean he got a title shot after beating the former champ in his first post-title reign fight, and beating the former challenger coming off his first post-title challenge fight, both of whom were top 5 opponents. While nobody else on a win streak had any wins as highly ranked as Eddie did, let alone two of them. And while Eddie himself was the #1 ranked contender.

Eddie rightfully got the title shot.

Eddie in 2016, was not the most skillful or best LW...yes he beat the champ, but LMFAO if you think he was a dominant Champ.

So saying that Conor conquered LW is really stupid, since he only beat manlet eddie....If eddie was a dominant champ, maybe Sonnen would have a point but he wasn't.

I followed eddie's career since DREAM...He has always been entertaining but also he gets rocked really easily.....He resume is good, but he has never been a dominant champ.

Yep! More Eddie Alvarez hating even though he's sat amongst the elites of the Lightweight division for years now smh. Sherdoggers gonna Sherdog every time Eddie's name gets mentioned. I swear Conor got some of ya'll talkin all types of nonsense, and you take it out on everyone he fights, it's fucking hilarious.

As much as I don't disagree, in this scenario, if he beats the winner, IF, he has a case, but I agree, to sit with them as one of the best 155'ers he does have to beat them both, beating the winner though, is a good foot in the door.
LMFAO if you think beating a new crowned champ, who has split victories over other LWs and gets rocked in almost every fight = conquering LW.

Chael Sonnen's statement was simply wrong.

Back