"45 & 55 are the hardest divisions in MMA. Thats how great Conor is. He conquered both"- Chael Sonen

He has never conquered any division. Nor will he ever.

FXA9Fa2.png

"Dana White's mean, USADA's scary" --- Fedor
"JBJ is too big, I stay in my category" --- Anderson Silva
"TEE JAAAY?!!?!?! Chris Cariaso DESERVES his rematch!" --- Mighty Mouse
"Err I'm closer to 155 than 185. What? Bisping's champ? No problem" --- GSP
"I'm waiting for the right opponent to move up to heavyweight" --- Jon Bones Jones

000d29c8-800.jpg

I agree that they’re the hardest, the second part, the word ‘conquered’ is the only exception to a small degree.

Can’t deny he owned two belts.

I give Conor mad props but let's be real here he fought denis siver right before he got a title well interim title shot gimme a break. I guess he has a better case for conquering 45 then 55 but I think max has conquered 45 more so than Conor on number of fights alone

They are some of the toughest divisions but I thought during Conor's ascendency the pool of fighters was much weaker than it is now. Marcus Brimage was name then to put things in perspective

He didnt conquer LW.

He beat a 5'7 (UFC height stat is wrong)LW Manlet who gets rocked in each fight.

Khabib and ferguson are much better LWs.
He beat the lightweight champ in devastating fashion and ran through 145. Stop being so salty.

He beat the lightweight champ in devastating fashion and ran through 145. Stop being so salty.
I dont care about manletweight....I care about LightWeight.

Khabib and Ferguson will destory him.

Haha he's had literally ONE fight at 155. ONE.

And that fight was against a guy that was arguably the weakest champ of the last decade.

And that fight was against a guy that was arguably the weakest champ of the last decade.

Eddie has more top 5 wins in his UFC run alone than Tony and Khabib do in their entire combined 50 fight careers, let alone factoring the rest of Eddie's career. He's beaten the champion of every major MMA organization except Pride, simply due to the fact that he's never faced Gomi.

Just because you haters parrot something doesn't make it true. Eddie is one of the GOAT LWs.

just watched connor sleep eddie without breaking a sweat.
toying with him even.
he didnt have a chance to toy with aldo.
chael is right

155 and 170 are the deepest divisions. 205 was when i was younger

He didn't remotely conquer LW. He beat one good LW. How the hell does that mean conquer?

He conquered LW by having one fight ?

So much senseless hate. You all know daddy McGregor is the best just as Chael does.

Eddie has more top 5 wins in his UFC run alone than Tony and Khabib do in their entire combined 50 fight careers, let alone factoring the rest of Eddie's career. He's beaten the champion of every major MMA organization except Pride, simply due to the fact that he's never faced Gomi.

Just because you haters parrot something doesn't make it true. Eddie is one of the GOAT LWs.
Let's compare our positions.

You made the top 5 wins comment, which is clearly false and anyone who looks at the math will see that. Meanwhile I stated he is ARGUABLY the weakest champ in the last decade. Not bashing him really but let's look at it, the last decade has:

Conor (0 defenses)
Eddie (0 defenses, not even touching on the splits to get his title shot jumping Khabib/Tony then ducking Khabib for the red panty night against the 0-0 LW)
RDA (1 defense)
prime Bendo (3 defenses)
prime Frankie (2.5 defenses)
prime Penn (3 defenses)

What you said is flat out false. What I said is an opinion that you'd be in a tough spot to attack. It is VERY arguable he was the weakest champ of the last decade. Again, no offense to Eddie (155 is monstrous) but it is what it is. Anyway, I'm done. If you're clearly in the anti-reality camp AND the "defend Conor at all costs and call anyone else a hater" camp you clearly aren't going to listen to reason.

Just one defense.

That's all I have ever asked for.

Chael isn't always correct but he hit the nail here.

Just one defense.

That's all I have ever asked for.
A mindless and irrelevant request; lay off the Matt Hughes' two cents videos. Defending a belt one time doesn't trump destroying the divisional GOAT in his prime in 13 seconds or humiliating the champ of a heavier division. Literally every other champ ever would take a 9 figure even-in-loss boxing match if it was an option to them.

Conor haters ought to hop in their car in a closed garage, start up the engine, pour a glass of good Merlot and listen to some Tom Petty until nighty
night. Yes it sucks that he destroyed your favorite after you talked shit for months about how he was going to lose, but it's time to man up.

45 hardest division gtfo! 155 is good division but conor conquered nothing he got a gift and won and ran.

Back