Does Conor have an inability to learn sub defense

Ufc1son

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Conor has been subbed 4-5 times in his whole career. Through out his career he has repeatedly stated that he's ready and improved his ground game. Even his coaches would boast about it but Conor fails each time.

Ali Khabib's manager pointed out in a Twitter msg to Conor how to properly defend a neck crank. Joe Rogan pointed out how Conor could of defended it.

Remember Frank Trigg and how he got repeatedly choked out? Now he's a ref.

Feel Conor has the same problem. No matter how hard he drills sub defense, he will alwyz mentally panic and GIVE UP.

I bet he has pretty good defence actually,

He is just an easy sub when he gasses hard, its a way out for him.

Last edited:
latest

I mean, you should probably also give some credit to the professional fighters who are good enough to finish him...

He’s just a one dimensional fighter. It’s not like he has some glaring cognitive deficit...

So getting subbed by Khabib on the 4th round is bad sub defense? TS seems to be "never really trained" type.

edit: <PlusJuan>

So you're saying Conor should become a ref?

So getting subbed by Khabib on the 4th round is bad sub defense? TS seems to be "never really trained" type.
Read the whole post. Conor has been subbed by more then just Khabib. Do ur homework before u speak.

Conor would have to try to defend a sub first.

He would have got subbed in the 2nd if it weren't for the illegal knee.

Conor's sub defense is alright. It's just not good against killers like Khabib.

Read the whole post. Conor has been subbed by more then just Khabib. Do ur homework before u speak.

In the UFC, Conor has been tapped by Nate and Khabib.

It's not like he's being submitted by bums.

he knows how to defend but when he is gassed and checks out mentally its an easy way out

In the UFC, Conor has been tapped by Nate and Khabib.

It's not like he's being submitted by bums.
Point am also making is that a few experts are pointing out how he doesnt defend correctly. After Nate he should knw how to defend.

Most LWs have an inability to stop Khabib

It’s not just a Conor-is-overrated thing

I bet he has pretty good defence actually,

He is just an easy sub when he gasses hard, its a way out for him.

Not only is it a way out, but I think it has more to do with just not taking anymore damage. Some guys will die by the sword but why bother taking unnecessary damage when you don't have to?

He doesn't like getting embarrassed and looks for a way out.

It has nothing to do with ability as much as it has to do with Connie lacking HEART.

Dude folds like origami whenever he faces pressure.

<seedat>

Conor's fine with tapping, he'd rather tap than go unconscious, risk joint/ligament damage, or get knocked out.

Verdict's still out on if he's okay with losing a decision.

Back