UFC fighter injured, girlfriend in coma after being struck by a car

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
41610862_922037841312899_6354471440350224734_n.jpg

UFC flyweight Raulian Paiva and his girlfriend Tielly Alves were injured after being struck by a car while riding a motorcycle in Santana, Brazil on Sunday morning, and Alves remains in coma.

According to multiple reports by the local media, Paiva and Alves were at a night club Saturday night. At approximately 4 a.m., Paiva and his girlfriend decided to leave the place after two men started to harass her.
whatsapp-image-2018-10-22-at-13.05.47.jpeg

They left on a motorcycle and were followed by the two men on a car, Paiva’s manager Tiago Okamura told MMA Fighting on Monday. Paiva stopped the motorcycle at a red light moments later and was hit from behind by the car. Paiva didn’t suffer any serious injury, but Alves remains in coma at the intensive care unit of a local hospital.

“When the car hit them, looks like Raulian fell off the motorcycle so he just got injured from the fall, but the car dragged the motorcycle with her on it for some time,” Okamura said. “He’s a bit hurt, but nothing serious. She’s still in coma.”

“That was uncalled for, they had no motives,” he continued. “These guys tried to kill them for no reason.”

In a video that surfaced on social media, the alleged driver says he didn’t try to hit the motorcycle. The unidentified man says that another man, that was sitting on the passenger’s seat, allegedly moved the steering wheel to hit Paiva and his girlfriend. The car caught on fire right after the accident.

9f8b9f9d-7116-40df-aa8e-1e43ae99f082.jpg

Paiva's coach Ronildo Nobre told MMA Fighting that two men were arrested by the police.

Paiva (18-1), winner of 12 fights in a row, signed an exclusive deal with the UFC after defeating Allan Nascimento via split decision at the Brazilian edition of Dana White’s Contender Series in Las Vegas, NV, in August. The promotion has yet to book his UFC debut.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10...-injured-girlfriend-coma-struck-by-car-brazil

Jesus christ, hope she makes it.

What a shitty situation.

Guy is legit. Gets hit by a car while on a motorcycle. Stays injury free while the car starts a on fire and ends up looking demolished.

It’s almost super hero sounding.

They shouldn’t have messed with his girl me thinks.

Last edited:
That's fucked up.

When people try to pass off Jon Jones hit and run etc they should think about this.

God bless the couple. Tried to do the right thing and leave, but that's not enough, sometimes. I would be out for their scalps, if I were in his shoes. I hope the piles of pig shit that did this see justice. God bless that woman...

Holy shit people are fucked up.

Hopefully when he recovers they lock these two cowards up in a cage with him.

That is awful. I hope she recovers.

Riding a motorcycle in Brazil...

yep, that's a Darwin Award right there.
Well, seeing as the cunts followed and crashed into them, I'm fairly certain they would have done the same exact thing even if they were in a car.

God bless the couple. Tried to do the right thing and leave, but that's not enough, sometimes. I would be out for their scalps, if I were in his shoes. I hope the piles of pig shit that did this see justice. God bless that woman...
Seriously though.....

I would wanna kill those fuckers

blessings to Alvarez

The struggle of being a woman in this era is no joke

Thats why traffic is dangerous, too many lunatics...

Whenever I see ufc fighter in the title of some breaking mainstream news I always know automatically its someone I've never heard of before.

Sad to read especially since it seems they wanted no trouble from a couple of assholes. I hope she is able to make a full recovery.

What scum these guys are. I hope she is okay and these shitheads get locked up for a long time.

Nothing good happens at 4 am.

Prayers are with them both.

Guy is legit. Gets hit by a car while on a motorcycle. Stays injury free while the car starts on fire and ends up looking demolished.

It’s almost super hero sounding.

They shouldn’t have messed with his girl I think.

You would be surprised how weird shit is one person can get hit by a car full on and survive with 0 injuries someone else falls hits their head and dies, life is random but i just think he got VERY lucky. Either way, sad news hope she makes it.

This is actually attempted murder by car if what they said was true

what the fuck is wrong with Brazil

Back