Gustafsson: 'I know he bleeds'

Killashaw

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

“Even if I lost that fight, I gained so much from it,” he said. “After the fight, I knew I had the right skills and I’m on his level.”
“I know that he’s not unbeatable,” Gustafsson said. “I know he bleeds. I know I can beat him.”

He bleeds even more off the roids probably, but we'll never know

“Even if I lost that fight, I gained so much from it,” he said. “After the fight, I knew I had the right skills and I’m on his level.”
“I know that he’s not unbeatable,” Gustafsson said. “I know he bleeds. I know I can beat him.”

latest

Nice take downs

As much as I'd love to see Gus KO Jones, I really think Jones wasn't expecting such a tough fight the first time and, now, he'll be better prepared and it won't be as competitive.

War Gus

Fuck that filthy rat up.

OFVsZuK.png

He's definitely got the chance to beat Jones, as evidenced by the first fight. But, that doesn't mean he's on his level.

Jones didn't lose vs DC, he beat him twice. Jones hasn't been beat - Gus has so multiple times.

Would Gus be on Jones' level even if he beat him in a rematch? No. It would take more than that. Gus hasn't shown, a single time, that he's got what it takes to take the next step.

If Jones shows up clean, Gustaffson beats the **** out of him. That's the only thing that would make this whole mess tolerable.

As much as I'd love to see Gus KO Jones, I really think Jones wasn't expecting such a tough fight the first time and, now, he'll be better prepared and it won't be as competitive.
I think you’re probably right. Jones is a smart guy. He knows what he is getting into here this time.

I know ul fail again

Maybe, but you could also argue that Gus wasn't as experienced back then.

And there is a serious question as to Jones' performance now that USADA have busted him twice. The UFC hired arbitrator gave him a free pass due to "cooperation" on snitching, which is complete BS. But at the end of the day, USADA can't outright give Jones a free pass on PED violations. My guess is that they will still test him thoroughly.

All that is to say, I believe Jones will be either off PEDs, or on a heavily reduced PED cycle. That's going to affect his performance. I don't see this fight going well for Jones personally, but I'm also biased. He very well could prove me wrong, assuming he looks great and passes his tests.

He's definitely got the chance to beat Jones, as evidenced by the first fight. But, that doesn't mean he's on his level.

I agree beating Jones doesn't mean he's "on his level". Styles make fights, and it could easily be that Gus beats Jones, Jones beats DC, and DC beats Gus.

Jones didn't lose vs DC, he beat him twice. Jones hasn't been beat - Gus has so multiple times.
MMA math doesn't work, though. Styles make fights. DC beating Gus and losing to Jones means nothing, because Jones and DC have such different styles. If Jones and DC had the same physique/fighting style I would agree with you.

Would Gus be on Jones' level even if he beat him in a rematch? No. It would take more than that. Gus hasn't shown, a single time, that he's got what it takes to take the next step.
Delusional, that doesn't make any sense. If Gus beats Jones, he's certainly AT LEAST on his level. First of all, Jones has very likely been cheating his entire career, post USADA he's 1-0-1 and in his only win, against OSP, he didn't looked very good. Terrible, some would say.
You are talking like Gus clearly lost to DC, when that's not true either, it was very close, and it was Gus who had DC very hurt and almost finished him, a second fight could be different, for sure. Let's not forget Jones didn't finished DC in the first fight too.
The Davis loss is there, sure, but that was a totally different Gus, who improved a lot since.
Rumble loss? Happened, but no one knows how much that headbutt affected the fight.

At the end of the day, that fights will decide it. Does Gus have what it takes to be considered a championship-level fighter? If he wins, he absolutely does. Period.

I'm pulling for Gus here. The first fight was close & could've gone either way. If Jones doesn't land that elbow Gus probably wins the fight. I do think Jon took him for granted & that Jon is the greatest to ever walk into the octagon. I still think Gus has the tools to beat Jon & at the least to make it a great fight. I hope Jon wakes up looking at the lights wondering what year it is.

Back