How did Conor win 3rd round?

Repsac

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Upon rewatch. They landed about the same amount of significant strikes. But Khabib pushed him against the cage for 2 minutes and even took him down (Octagon Control and Agresssion).

Isn't this just a case of Conor doing COMPARATIVELY that much better in that round that we started thinking he was suddenly winning?

Judges were on the take, just like Crooked Herb and all three commentators

idk about the new rules but i thought control only mattered if striking and grappling were even.

I think it was quite an even round. As you say, maybe because Conor did BETTER than previous rounds, they are giving them the benefit of the doubt.

conman fans need something from his last fight to hold on to.

I think he landed a few more strikes and also stopped a lot of clinch attempts quite well in that round.

By punching the other guy in the face more

By punching the other guy in the face more
Like I said, it was even.

Conor, however, did get taken down and controlled against the cage for almost half the round.

Like I said, it was even.

Conor, however, did get taken down and controlled against the cage for almost half the round.
Did the new rules apply here?

The way i understood the old rules is that control only applies if striking and grappling are a draw. If the round is mostly influenced by striking and Conor wins the striking then Conor wins the round.

idk how the new rules have changed though

It doesn't matter. The duration of the fight is what mattered and Conor didn't do nearly enough and lost it. I'd rather he starched Khabib but he did not he was lacklustre and found himself submitted.

Nonsense.

Herb gave him proper warnings and Conor complied.
Was this before or after he cheated his way out of two takedowns on Round 3 by grabbing Khabib's pants and gloves, while Herb was telling Khabib to "work"?

Dana has the judges wearing shock collars when Connor fights..

106cymp.jpg

Conor won that round but it was the most even round of the fight.

Effective striking is worth more than cage control, that's why Conor won the round.

Back