Your recommendation of which ONE Fedor fight to watch

Gladiator24

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm a UFC fan, and I'm a recent fan, the past few years. So in my eyes Conor McGregor is the greatest of all time but everywhere I'm seeing everyone saying this fedor dude is the best ever. I watched his fight on the weekend and I wasn't impressed, he gassed after 2 mins, swinging wildly and just rolling around on the floor then comes an early stoppage.

So what's the one Fedor fight people who don't know him should watch. I wanna see why people call him the GOAT.

EDIT: I watched the cro cop fight as that's the one that was mentioned the most. Interesting that's it in a ring and that first round was 10 minutes while rest of the rounds was 5 minutes. Fedor is explosive, just bursts into this explosiveness from nowhere, was a good fight and after the first round Fedor just dominates him. Good fight. He can take a punch too, he was getting cracked with some good shots.

Last edited:
I'm a UFC fan, and I'm a recent fan, the past few years. So in my eyes Conor McGregor is the greatest of all time but everywhere I'm seeing everyone saying this fedor dude is the best ever. I watched his fight on the weekend and I wasn't impressed, he gassed after 2 mins, swinging wildly and just rolling around on the floor then comes an early stoppage.

So what's the one Fedor fight people who don't know him should watch. I wanna see why people call him the GOAT.
Cro cop

But seriously, just be glad you got to see the living legend still in action (if this is not a troll thread).
Khabib might well become Fedor 2.0 for his weight class but we will see.

So in my eyes Conor McGregor is the greatest of all time
lol_vladimir_putin.gif

Fedor-Crocop to watch Fedor's standup game. Fedor-Nog to witness his GnP. Tough call.
<{1-10}>

Fedor at 42 isn't the same.... but I have seen your shitty threads before, so I would bet that you're going to try and troll.
so.....

diaz-mcgregor-choke.jpg

Remembering back - the biggest holy shit moment for me was Fedor vs Randleman. If you watch it you will see why.

The quintessential Fedor fight is probably Nog 1. Before he became the headhunting slugger he is now, he was primarily feared for his ground game.

Nog at the time was viewed as the greatest HW ever - he submitted everyone. Fedor hadn't stepped on the stage yet and was a fair underdog yet, he played into Nog's game and delivered some of the most punishing ground and pound ever...I think he took years out of Nog's career in that one fight.

Also, notice how incredible explosive and powerful he was. I haven't seen any fighter move like Fedor.

wtf how is this not already said, randleman duh, who cares if its short , its legendary

Fedor vs Crocop 28 aug 2005 fight was awesome!!
upload_2018-10-15_16-1-57.jpeg

Crocop and Nog fights are must see teevee but you should really educate yourself on what these guys were all doing over in PRIDE

Many of MMA's "holy fucking shit did that really just happen?" moments are in that organization

Zulu or Timmay for the lulz

So hard to choose just one

Nog
CroCop
Andrei

ohh man and the Herring fight is awesome because nobody really knew Fedor at that point and folks mostly thought Heath would win

Then the fight starts and Fedor is clobbering Herring all over the ring. Heath is so damn awkward and inefficient, but very tough. He’s either clomping around like a shamrock or trying to roll out of positions. He was always rolling

Nog 1 was his most impressive fight ever, taking into account opponent quality/style/level of domination.

Follow by some combination of Nog 3, Big Tim, and Cro Cop

Conor is the greatest of all time, don’t let these crusty old men tell you any different. And I would say watch his fights vs Bigfoot and Hendo.

Also keep in mind he was like 30 in these fights, and still very much in his prime.

I recommend starting with his fight against Heath Herring in 2002 and continuing till Arlovski fight in 2009. That's roughly his prime. There's not one boring fight in that span of time but here's a condensed version of his PRIDE career if you just want to see the highlights.

Edit. Things to keep an eye on during his PRIDE run:
  • GOAT ground and pound performances against at the time top contender Herring and P4P #1 Nogueira, staying majority of the fight in the most dangerous guard in MMA
  • Coming back from adversity against Fujita and Randleman
  • Quick and effortless destructions of multiple opponents
  • Takedown clinic against Nogueira in their third fight, the final of 2004 Heavyweight Grand Prix
  • The most anticipated and arguably the best fight of the decade against Cro Cop, the whole event (Final Conflict 2005) is worth watching as it featured semi finals and the final of 2005 Middleweight Grand Prix featuring Wanderlei, Shogun, Ricardo Arona and Overeem (it's wdely considered one of the best MMA events and tournaments ever)
Edit2. Watch this intro video before Fedor vs. Cro Cop to get into the hype that surrounded the fight:

Last edited:
his 20 minute annihilation of nogueira at pride 25 was a classic.

no one in the history of the sport ever performed gnp like that again, not even fedor himself. if you want to know what a truly horrific beatdown on the ground looks like, look no further than this fight.

he just swung hammers at the man and escaped triangle attempts all night.

Fedor vs Fujita has always been my favorite fight of his.

His fight with Heath Herring is the one that really announces him to the world.
His 1st and 3rd fights with Big Nog confirmed his Greatness.
His Cro Cop fight showed his dominance and brilliance in gameplay.

Back