Your recommendation of which ONE Fedor fight to watch

Fedor vs Fabio. Great fight, masterful performance by Fedor.

Like many said, Nog 1 and 3. Fights against Crocop, Schilt and Herring are great to. Simply put, any Fedor fight over at Pride and Afflcition was impressive and will keep you entertained.

wtf how is this not already said, randleman duh, who cares if its short , its legendary

Yeah that moment right after the randleplex made everyone like “did he dieded?” and seconds later Fedor swept him and subbed him. What a legendary and dramatic rare moment.

Werdum.

It was your classic striker vs. grappler and it was a hell of a dogfight.

Well of course he's nothing special now. He's like 7 years past his prime at this point.

You should follow his run between PRIDE and Affliction. That's when he was on top of the world. Beat like 6 former UFC champs, and was an unstoppable force.

Can't choose just one from his unbelievable resume. 44 fights and still going strong. It's an honor to have witnessed the career of the best to ever do it.

I recommend starting with his fight against Heath Herring in 2002 and continuing till Arlovski fight in 2009. That's roughly his prime. There's not one boring fight in that span of time but here's a condensed version of his PRIDE career if you just want to see the highlights.

Edit. Things to keep an eye on during his PRIDE run:
  • GOAT ground and pound performances against at the time top contender Herring and P4P #1 Nogueira, staying majority of the fight in the most dangerous guard in MMA
  • Coming back from adversity against Fujita and Randleman
  • Quick and effortless destructions of multiple opponents
  • Takedown clinic against Nogueira in their third fight, the final of 2004 Heavyweight Grand Prix
  • The most anticipated and arguably the best fight of the decade against Cro Cop, the whole event (Final Conflict 2005) is worth watching as it featured semi finals and the final of 2005 Middleweight Grand Prix featuring Wanderlei, Shogun, Ricardo Arona and Overeem (it's wdely considered one of the best MMA events and tournaments ever)
Edit2. Watch this intro video before Fedor vs. Cro Cop to get into the hype that surrounded the fight:

you know... I've always been a fedor fan but anyone who thinks he was clean back in the day is a fucking retard. The difference in muscle mass, strength and stamina is remarkable. I don't care if he is 42 now because a) he changed for the worse quite a few years ago now, and b) I'm in my late 30s and the body just doesn't decline like people here say, even less if you are a fucking professional athlete with hard training and eating somewhat healthy

Btw, not that I care or I think less of Fedor because of it.

Cro cop

But seriously, just be glad you got to see the living legend still in action (if this is not a troll thread).
Khabib might well become Fedor 2.0 for his weight class but we will see.

I watched the cro cop fight and was a good fight. Fedor is pretty explosive, plus can take a punch too.

Fedor vs Nog is the best performance of his career and it was against the reigning HW and p4p champ in Nog at the time. That performance blew everyone away and fedor became a star.

I think it’s hard to appreciate Fedor/Cro Cop if you weren’t there for the build up and everything. You might be better off watching some of the fights where he just brutally murked the opposition – Goodridge fight, Tim Sylvia fight, maybe even the Satoshi Ishii fight.

He was just such an explosive, powerful finisher in his heyday, and to this day there’s no one who chained striking, take-downs, and submissions together so seamlessly.

you know... I've always been a fedor fan but anyone who thinks he was clean back in the day is a fucking retard. The difference in muscle mass, strength and stamina is remarkable. I don't care if he is 42 now because a) he changed for the worse quite a few years ago now, and b) I'm in my late 30s and the body just doesn't decline like people here say, even less if you are a fucking professional athlete with hard training and eating somewhat healthy

Btw, not that I care or I think less of Fedor because of it.

Why are you not world champion with all your wisdom and science.

He had tons of mileage on him. He was competing in conbat sambo, mma and was training like a maniac. Just read the interview with Roman Zentsov.

Q: So why did you stop training with Fedor?

A: I truly could not handle the amount of physical stress in those training camps. Fedor would stress himself and wouldn't give anyone else any breaks. And I couldn't keep up or recover - I just fell apart

Not everybody ages the same and he abused his body half of his life. Kinda ridiculous that things likr this have to be explained here

Back