Derek Brunson: Israel Adesanya is ‘one of the easiest matchups I’ll have in the UFC’

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
"A lot of people are high on [Adesanya], a lot of people believe in him, but I’m not too much of a believer,” Brunson said on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show on Monday (via ESPN.com). “I can’t trick myself. Every fight, I train for the opponent very hard and smart. I’ll do that for myself. But I’m not a believer in the kid. I think he’s a good striker. I don’t think he’s a great striker.”

Despite Adesanya’s physical attributes as well as his recent win over Brad Tavaresthat earned him a Performance of the Night bonus, Brunson is not too worried about their fight at UFC 230 and how it will go down.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

I don't see anything special hes just a decent technical striker no fuk u power. its not enough in today's mma. that being said derek is no good either.

Oh shit here comes the smack talk. You gotta expect it when a fighter has as much hype behind them as Israel.

I'm curious to see what brunsons gameplan is knowing that he doesn't seem concerned.

If he out strikes him the hype train will go down the tubes quick lol

Oh shit here comes the smack talk. You gotta expect it when a fighter has as much hype behind them as Israel.

I'm curious to see what brunsons gameplan is knowing that he doesn't seem concerned.
POWERFUL lay n pray

186b73.jpg

It will be if Derek fights smart and using his wrestling here. He's the bigger guy and has a considerable grappling advantage, and he's the more powerful striker.

Careful Derek, you're starting to sound like Eddie.

I don't like Brunson..never did (Friggin' Greg Jackson fighter), but I'll be rooting for him because Israel needs some comeuppance.

i loved brunson's savage trash talk against israel, calling him skinny about 10 times, hilarious!

<26>

Can't wait until Derek runs into Israel's punches chin-first like he does with everyone else

Derek Brunson after several years into the sport still leads with his chin straight in the air.

He shouldn’t be talking.

Why this clown is talking shit and acting like he is champ or what?

Israel might not have KO power but considering how Bruson usually run into his opponents fist I won't be surprised he gets finished again

20161126115411_20161126100239_GettyImages626030792.JPG

Last edited:
Israel is one bad mofo and will put Brunson back on the undercard

It will be if Derek fights smart and using his wrestling here. He's the bigger guy and has a considerable grappling advantage, and he's the more powerful striker.
The old Brunson would have derailed Adesanya's hypetrain without breaking a sweat.

Brunson 2.0 would have tried to blitz him with hands and got slept by a counter.

No idea what the current version of Brunson is going to try come fight night.

Will be interesting to see Gender Bender against a solid wrestler.

The guy has been in there with Romero, Whittaker and Jacare. I don’t fault him for not being impressed.

Back